Homebrew Clarification Thread - What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SNShax is being worked on, memchunkhax isn't afaik.
So, New 3DS users below 10.2(9.3-10.1) will be able to downgrade to 9.2 soon(no trademark symbol this time!)
Yeah well i'm not N3DS so screw that :P

D

Deleted User

Okay, I'm gonna just say this for future reference. Also, maybe for the n00bs...

Yes, I know we're all excited about the new hax releases just around the corner™, and I understand how people are so desperate to downgrade their 3DSs, but consider these important points:

- It might take a couple more days for this funky shit to be implemented into Sysupdater or FBI or ctrulib etc etc.
- therefore it is essential to give the devs plenty of time to do this, instead of just shouting: PLZ GOD GIMMEH FRRMWAREZ DOWNGRDERZ NOOOW!!!1!1 :rofl2:
- Also, would you want an extremely unstable release of it? Do you want a greater risk of a brick?
- Then I suggest we give them more time to pull this off.

/NoobExplosion

:):):):):):):):):):D

Jwiz33

Banned
Trophies
in the illuminati headquar—I have said too much!
Website
iwillcleanyourbasement.webstarts.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm gonna just say this for future reference. Also, maybe for the n00bs...

Yes, I know we're all excited about the new hax releases just around the corner™, and I understand how people are so desperate to downgrade their 3DSs, but consider these important points:

- It might take a couple more days for this funky shit to be implemented into Sysupdater or FBI or ctrulib etc etc.
- therefore it is essential to give the devs plenty of time to do this, instead of just shouting: PLZ GOD GIMMEH FRRMWAREZ DOWNGRDERZ NOOOW!!!1!1 :rofl2:
- Also, would you want an extremely unstable release of it? Do you want a greater risk of a brick?
- Then I suggest we give them more time to pull this off.

/NoobExplosion

- Sysupdater and FBI wouldn't need to be updated, only ctrulib
- I agree.
- Well, you only live once.
- I agree.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep. I forgot the name, but it was patched in 9.5. It was an arm9 exploit. It just needed an arm11 kernel exploit to launch it.
So, we really would only need to downgrade to 9.4 to get arm9 kernel access.
EDIT: It's called firmlaunchhax

Okay, I suggest adding this to the information in the first post. Being able to get full access on 9.3-9.4 is still pretty important all by itself.

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, I suggest adding this to the information in the first post. Being able to get full access on 9.3-9.4 is still pretty important all by itself.
That wasn't said during the conference, so, no.
- Sysupdater and FBI wouldn't need to be updated, only ctrulib
That's not ctrulib which should be updated, but libkhax/brahma/cakehax.

Reactions: Deleted User

recgame77

Trophies
XP
Country
Cameroon
HI

I have a N3DS on 10.1; after eventual downgrade on 9.2 and install cfw does it mean that i can play any 3DS dump or i will be limited to those running up to 9.2 Fw; Furthermore will i need somekind of browser exploit to launch it upon each reboot ? or once installed it is permanent ?

Best Regards

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
HI

I have a N3DS on 10.1; after eventual downgrade on 9.2 and install cfw does it mean that i can play any 3DS dump or i will be limited to those running up to 9.2 Fw; Furthermore will i need somekind of browser exploit to launch it upon each reboot ? or once installed it is permanent ?

Best Regards
Here, we talk about the downgrading methods, and the exploits, not the CFW installation. Follow 9.2 tutorials for automatic coldboot CFW installation.

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wasn't said during the conference, so, no.

But the original post also mentions the *implications* of things which were said during the conference. The *implication* of finding this is that we can have full access on 9.3-9.4, even if nobody actually said that.

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
Cattura.JPG

pls hype don't go away!

D

Deleted User

Is there anywhere I can watch the recent security talks that was held by Smea and others?

Also, thanks for the clarification.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi slept with Charles Babbage for a pc
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    And his was BIG 😱
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    20kbps connection
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AncientBoi, That's what she said. :rofl2:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Actually they say 400 years ago 1cm was pretty average so Juan wouldn't feel left out
    +2
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    oh my...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs officials are closed on juneteenth guess it's fairly new became federal in 21:rofl2:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I figured you'd be down at the parade anyways.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I still own slaves just ask ancientboi his nicknames mister slave
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Poor Lemmiwinks...
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    @BigOnYa Great episode, camp of tolerance
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Thanks, we try to make every episode, special.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I saw a $15 south park bundle box at Walmart kinda wish I bought it
    +2
  • ModernSithLord @ ModernSithLord:
    I remember seeing the movie when I was young, made me swear up a storm when I got home. lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm gonna buy it if I see it there tomorrow
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That beanie will look good on you, Kentman
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It would look better on urewife it would be like boning myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Started a new game last night called "The Quarry", pretty damn good. Feels/ looks like a movie. About a summer camp where local town folks go crazy and hunt down the campers.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I beat it when it first came out good playback ability
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's crazy is I have 3tb in my SeriesX , and its almost full. Of course with some of these games being over 150gb each, it don't take long.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I wish gamepass sold 12 month cards (with a discount), instead of 3 month only.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I wish gamepass sold 12 month cards (with a discount), instead of 3 month only.