Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks dude your builds are great but would be even better with the extra speed from Mingw.

Lol, not muck luck yet, but not sure if mingw would boost speed either, buy nephew nip down tonight jez can't be leave he start high school after holidays time goes lol, my big screen he be using all night, just using his laptop.

like i say got it working on official citra, just pm x/y slow loading up, once into the game it's fine, apart from the minor stall, what part meant to fully freeze at ?
the minor pause/stall is now OK ie not pause.

lol thanks

Last edited by drwhojan,

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Lol, not muck luck yet, but not sure if mingw would boost speed either, buy nephew nip down tonight jez can't be leave he start high school after holidays time goes lol, my big screen he be using all night, just using his laptop.

like i say got it working on official citra, just pm x/y slow loading up, once into the game it's fine, apart from the minor stall, what part meant to fully freeze at ?
the minor pause/stall is now OK ie not pause.

lol thanks
mingw is a gcc port for windows and it has been noted the gcc citra builds are fasterthan vc citra builds. even building citra with just sse3 optimization on mingw makes it faster than vc .

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mingw is a gcc port for windows and it has been noted the gcc citra builds are faster than vc citra builds. even building citra with just sse3 optimization on mingw makes it faster than vc .

I see many thanks, I see it would, it also has lot's of options for making intel,amd,sse's,3d and many more, but OK, Camke making files for mingw in codeblocks, made them fine no issues,, building in codeblocks stops at way to many errors while compiling , so removed errors for for checking each one, they are about 7 citra files is dose not agree with.

Although, non youtube videos on compiling citra using Cmake and mingw... anyone find one ?, it would have to use a other compiler, like code blocks .

Be nice, if github could through up a Tutorial, just like the visual studio one.

My unlisted video, I'll do one better when more day light, my voice was little low.

Be easy er if I just tie the cam to my head!, just like a Dalek lol's

Last edited by drwhojan,

rleo_gamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
I see many thanks, I see it would, it also has lot's of options for making intel,amd,sse's,3d and many more, but OK, Camke making files for mingw in codeblocks, made them fine no issues,, building in codeblocks stops at way to many errors while compiling , so removed errors for for checking each one, they are about 7 citra files is dose not agree with.

Although, non youtube videos on compiling citra using Cmake and mingw... anyone find one ?, it would have to use a other compiler, like code blocks .

Be nice, if github could through up a Tutorial, just like the visual studio one.

My unlisted video, I'll do one better when more day light, my voice was little low.

Be easy er if I just tie the cam to my head!, just like a Dalek lol's

thanks for the video

Reactions: drwhojan

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
thanks for the video

Yep thanks no problem, Also just proofs the xbox360 pad and usb pc reciver 4 it works!, but ps2/3 usb pad dose not.

so xbox 360 is confirmed to work, now for the PM x/y, where should it fully freeze at ?, the minor pause no longer happens.

@Miguel since it is an "Unlisted" video the dislike must be coming from here xd.

Last edited by drwhojan,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
@Miguel Gomez since it is an "Unlisted" video the dislike must be coming from here xd.
Probably some idiot who don't understand English, some guy who have a 32-bit PC, or someone who were expected to see Pokemon X and Y fixes all "the everything freeze" issue disliked the video. But for further proof, here's an image. I'm sorry that I haven't like your video. I don't feel anything.

BTW. Will that build work on other controllers like Generic USB Joystick or PS3 Controller?

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Probably some idiot who don't understand English, some guy who have a 32-bit PC, or someone who were expected to see Pokemon X and Y fixes all "the everything freeze" issue disliked the video. But for further proof, here's an image. I'm sorry that I haven't like your video. I don't feel anything.

BTW. Will that build work on other controllers like Generic USB Joystick or PS3 Controller?

Yes well there you go, it's ok, I like myself too lol

I can confirm it dose work 100% an xbox360 pad with usb are wireless pc receiver 4 xbox pad.

Tested a ps2/ps3 usb pad, not work when calbrating them, but they are not genuine pads, Best if some one has to test a real official ps3 are other controller ?, Sorry I don't have every think to test.

Last edited by drwhojan,

mateja99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys can anyone tell me what resource does Citra uses the most(CPU,GPU,RAM,VRAM)?And what is the main reason that it is so slow,what should be added to the code so it will run at full speed?I know a bit of C++ but some of Citra code confuses me,so can anyone give me an advice what should i learn?

P.S. What do you guys think,will we be able to play Pokemon at near full speed this year,or will the next year be best for citra?

DestinyFeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi guys can anyone tell me what resource does Citra uses the most(CPU,GPU,RAM,VRAM)?And what is the main reason that it is so slow,what should be added to the code so it will run at full speed?I know a bit of C++ but some of Citra code confuses me,so can anyone give me an advice what should i learn?

P.S. What do you guys think,will we be able to play Pokemon at near full speed this year,or will the next year be best for citra?
The only thing it basically uses is CPU and it can only access one core to be precise according to wwyele. So a single or dual core skylake is the fastest for emulation.

mateja99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The only thing it basically uses is CPU and it can only access one core to be precise according to wwyele. So a single or dual core skylake is the fastest for emulation.
Why only one core(i mean i have a Haswell I5 so it run pretty well on my PC)?Wouldn't it be much more faster with multi-core support?One more question,where exactly is the Petalburg forest crash,i am currently in the forest after fighting a grunt and receving exp share and it didnt crash.

mateja99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone have latest Baidu build?Or can anyone tell me how to download it,i don't know chinese or whatever the language is on the site.Thanks

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@Miguel Gomez Don"t worry about the dislikes there"s always people that give them without importance of what you do and people making negative opinions but is normal, but shouldn"t get your opinion down but anyone have it own opinion, if it is make to impose that a lot simply ignore it, don"t get importance to that.
It also happens to me with some videos for test with Citra and i from here as I unlisted them since after all I make them for showed here to people a little how that worked, but I don"t really get importance in that and I ignore it because there isn"t any point anyways.
@mateja99 I think that build aren"t allowed to share here from what I read because it don"t accomplish the GPL v2 or later license of Citra.

Sky*dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
just testsed the latest sandy build of citra and let me say that it sucks
i mean sure it has good speed but sound is slow also i can't seems to run pokemon rumble world or rumble blast anymore and super mario 3d land doesnt show the start button in the title screen also in yugioh saikyo card battle is still slow as snail with 8-10fps
any suggestions for another good build to use for now?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
@Sky*dragon What happen to you in Super Mario 3D Land is because you miss some Nand files that is needed for some games.
You can try with others better to your CPU like SSE 3 or SSE 4.1, but it won"t be much different, because it runs in Interpreter as of now but saying so the speed Citra can get actually from Interpreter is very impressive.

mateja99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Sky*dragon What happen to you in Super Mario 3D Land is because you miss some Nand files that is needed for some games.
You can try with others better to your CPU like SSE 3 or SSE 4.1, but it won"t be much different, because it runs in Interpreter as of now but saying so the speed Citra can get actually from Interpreter is very impressive.
So what do you think,how much should we wait for the compiler?And can you maybe send me link to baidu build in message?If citra code got multi thread support ,what do you think the benefits would be(maybe double the fps)?

Last edited by mateja99,

mateja99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know what is the cause for ORAS petalburg crash,and why doesn't it crash on Korean and German language but crashes on all the others.Why is that happening?

Clector

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I can"t do that because it isn"t allowed, but maybe if you search in YouTube you find it as I see a lot of people incluiding the download to the builds they use in their videos descriptions.
A recompiler isn"t in the works for now, I suposse you need to wait to osmeone to start working in one to start seeing games running faster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Penisapiens
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Tempus Bannus
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @cearp, okie dokie i'm sorry
  • cearp @ cearp:
    lol I meant nothing by it - and for the record I have no powers, so no worries :D
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, you're forgiven
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Well I don't forgive him. He's been eating ALL the Tempus Bannus's :angry:
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, it was only once :angry:
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ROFL :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp: