Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems to be incompatible ATM. I suppose you'd need time wait for this to get reviewed and see if it fixes any issues.

Well the compiling now works, But as wwylele mention, just casing citra to crash while game loading, but someone mention they got Sm4sh to work with a save file.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Weird. The computer I'm using(not mine) still can't load Citra properly.
All builds(except for 2 years old builds) won't display properly.

Again, specs:
Intel Pentium CPU G3260
64 Bit
AMD Radeon R7
Edit: To my surprise. I'm not the only one who have that problem.
When I disable Hardware Renderer, everything is visible.
Ofc, people including Devs said that "Citra is experimental". But I don't see that's the answer. In my speculation, I assume that any AMD Radeon GPU doesn't run Citra well.
With further proof from other people from Citra Forums, I can tell that the GPU is the case. Now I tried updating the driver and still won't work.

Citra just to weird with hardware, either has to be good with good opengl, maybe that video card not much open gl version might be casing your issue..

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Well the compiling now works, But as wwylele mention, just casing citra to crash while game loading, but someone mention they got Sm4sh to work with a save file.

Citra just to weird with hardware, either has to be good with good opengl, maybe that video card not much open gl version might be casing your issue..
True. But I'm surprised that I'm not the only person who have this issue as I've seen some AMD Radeon users have that too. But to them, they managed to update the driver while I'm not allowed to cause internet cafe policy.
Anyways, I'll try looking for a better internet cafe while waiting for my laptop to be finished within 3-5 months(long story short, dead laptop due to overheat. Not my fault).

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
True. But I'm surprised that I'm not the only person who have this issue as I've seen some AMD Radeon users have that too. But to them, they managed to update the driver while I'm not allowed to cause internet cafe policy.
Anyways, I'll try looking for a better internet cafe while waiting for my laptop to be finished within 3-5 months(long story short, dead laptop due to overheat. Not my fault).

Sorry to hear, that's a long time to repair a laptop, and they would not lend you one with your hard drive put into it ?.

Just having odd issues my own PC, no where nr as bad as you have it, Just some odd issue that one HD works better then two, if two then second one can squeak and corrupt some files now and then, also here second HD Slows down and Revs up gain while active like compiling est, no idea is maybe windows 10 are not, but two HDDs should just work normal ..

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

shinyquagsire is adding update support to citra, which would really help out the modding scene from what i understand. just thought you'd like to know since you do modding stuff

Reactions: Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
shinyquagsire is adding update support to citra, which would really help out the modding scene from what i understand. just thought you'd like to know since you do modding stuff
Isn't it THE Shiny Quagsire who did SaltySD?
If so, can't wait for updates.
Also, found a computer that doesn't have AMD but Windows 7.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Seems to be incompatible ATM. I suppose you'd need time wait for this to get reviewed and see if it fixes any issues.

Checked the latest update compiled into latest build of citra, not too much go yet.

Ever oasis, can read load save game, but cannot Right save file it casing errors.

Mostly "AGORA_S00.bin can't be open without mode create"

Code:
 12.178349] Service.FS core\file_sys\savedata_archive.cpp:OpenFile:53: Non-existing file C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming/Citra/sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/00000000000000000000000000000000/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/00040000/001a4900/data/00000001/AGORA_S00.bin can't be open without mode create.
[ 12.179267] Service.FS core\hle\service\fs\fs_user.cpp:OpenFile:86: failed to get a handle for file [Wchar: //AGORA_S00.bin]
[ 12.181174] Service.FS core\file_sys\savedata_archive.cpp:OpenFile:53: Non-existing file C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming/Citra/sdmc/Nintendo 3DS/00000000000000000000000000000000/00000000000000000000000000000000/title/00040000/001a4900/data/00000001/AGORA_S01.bin can't be open without mode create.
[ 12.181531] Service.FS core\hle\service\fs\fs_user.cpp:OpenFile:86: failed to get a handle for file [Wchar: //AGORA_S01.bin]]

Pokemon X,Y new game no go.

Mentioned to have fixed Sm4sh with a pre-save from a real 2/3ds
----

I dump my new 2ds xl Shared Front NAND with compiled wwylele latest 3dsutils, but Shared don't make much differs , so much on citra head.

Last edited by drwhojan,

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Weird. The computer I'm using(not mine) still can't load Citra properly.
All builds(except for 2 years old builds) won't display properly.

Again, specs:
Intel Pentium CPU G3260
64 Bit
AMD Radeon R7
Edit: To my surprise. I'm not the only one who have that problem.
Ofc, people including Devs said that "Citra is experimental". But I don't see that's the answer. In my speculation, I assume that any AMD Radeon GPU doesn't run Citra well.
With further proof from other people from Citra Forums, I can tell that the GPU is the case. Now I tried updating the driver and still won't work.
1frMJp4.png
Amd isn't a great choice for emulation. I thought it was just their CPU's, but I guess the problem resides in their GPU's as well. Its not the driver that resides on your computer, it's the firmware on the card itself that is the issue.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Amd isn't a great choice for emulation. I thought it was just their CPU's, but I guess the problem resides in their GPU's as well. Its not the driver that resides on your computer, it's the firmware on the card itself that is the issue.
Yeah. From my other post after that, I found a computer that isn't AMD.

Julio Sotomayor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
btw guys i just realized: the reason non-Canary builds almost always (always but just to be safe, "almost always") _do not support_ custom layouts is because they branched off old verion(s) of CITRA when that was not yet implemented? Right?

The option/etc has NOTHING to do with "speed", then, correct? (Whether a build has it or not, I mean)

Lunos

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
To my surprise. I'm not the only one who have that problem.
Tried using the G3260's iGPU instead of your AMD GPU? AMD GPUs in general seems to be quite buggy when it comes to emulation, from what I've been reading.

ON: Anyways, long time no see. I've read somewhere else that there's a new PR coming soon which will supposedly give a nice boost in performance while also fixing some recent resolution upscaling problems like that of Metroid: Samus Returns, is that so? I suppose that jroweboy's post is related to that, am I right?
I just felt like confirming it so I can pass the news to some friends which have been trying Citra lately and such, I'm sure they're gonna love it.

Also, worth asking, is Pokémon X/Y still a mess? Were their annoying freezes fixed already or not yet?
In any case, thanks for the nice work y'all been putting, both users that come up with unofficial builds but more specially the official devs. ^_^

Last edited by Lunos,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried using the G3260's iGPU instead of your AMD GPU? AMD GPUs in general seems to be quite buggy when it comes to emulation, from what I've been reading.

ON: Anyways, long time no see. I've read somewhere else that there's a new PR coming soon which will supposedly give a nice boost in performance while also fixing some recent resolution upscaling problems like that of Metroid: Samus Returns, is that so? I suppose that jroweboy's post is related to that, am I right?
I just felt like confirming it so I can pass the news to some friends which have been trying Citra lately and such, I'm sure they're gonna love it.

Also, worth asking, is Pokémon X/Y still a mess? Were their annoying freezes fixed already or not yet?
In any case, thanks for the nice work y'all been putting, both users that come up with unofficial builds but more specially the official devs. ^_^
1. Thanks! Updates are coming. BTW. As I said again, not my computer. I found an internet cafe for me to play Citra on my free time. I'm at Area 2 in Metroid Samus Returns.
2. Pokemon X and Y still not 100% playable.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
>The geometry shader was merged in the master Build I hope the Devs do not take it again.
once its in master it doesn't go away.
@drwhojan i have no clue what you are going on about. telemetry doesn't crash mingw since both of them are built in master, we test both of them. if you've added something to your build that makes it crash i can't help there. the only issue with mingw right now is its not submitting telemetry due to an issue that i was hoping to fix tonight, but got distracted writing this https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/2921
which is something that @legend80 was complaining about. this time (hopefully!) the graphics fix for those games will make it into master. (third times the charm right?)

I think its just with Only the latest updates for mingw and msys2, all I know it's still doing the same close down citra crash with this pull, but un-checked it works fine. on branch #2897

Your older mingw build version, works fine anyway.

EDIT: My video just to show this

EDIT: Removed video.

Last edited by drwhojan,

jroweboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think its just with Only the latest updates for mingw and msys2, all I know it's still doing the same close down citra crash with this pull, but un-checked it works fine. on branch #2897

Your older mingw build version, works fine anyway.

EDIT: My video just to show this

oh i forgot to mention i looked into this a while back. its something to do with your user folder you keep putting in there. delete your config folder and let citra regenerate it and it works just fine iirc. dunno. i looked into it a while ago.

now that you can verify telemetry tokens, you should try doing that.

also make sure you are building against the externals version of curl, and not msys curl.

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh i forgot to mention i looked into this a while back. its something to do with your user folder you keep putting in there. delete your config folder and let citra regenerate it and it works just fine iirc. dunno. i looked into it a while ago.

now that you can verify telemetry tokens, you should try doing that.

also make sure you are building against the externals version of curl, and not msys curl.

Ok so remove the whole user folder, reset citra still did the same.

So where do I disable compiling against the curl ?, in a file..

I am thinking, It could be latest version of mingw as in the updates for mingw as in updating msys2, maybe not..

You mean
-DUSE_SYSTEM_CURL=1 to -DUSE_SYSTEM_CURL=0 ?

CamakeList.txt was already OFF
"option(CITRA_USE_BUNDLED_CURL "FOR MINGW ONLY: Download curl configured against winssl instead of openssl" OFF)"

Last edited by drwhojan,

drwhojan

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok, forgot it, try compiling it a few edited ways, still the same issues with are without user folder too.
My guess just to remove that branch for my build in mingw, are build and upload with the option already unchecked.

It got to be the latest compiler updated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)