Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by masaki88, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Miguel Gomez

Miguel Gomez GBAtemp Addict

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Switching from i3 to i5 won't make big changes on performance. Unless you found a powerful computer in Brazil(which have similar specs that John GodGames or Simply Austin), I bet that it will run better to most games.

Sooo, either wait for a stable version of Citra in months or years OR buy a 3DS and buy games online in a cheap price. Ofc there's the option to do piracy(not recommend to do that cause possiby you'll get your NNID banned), but that's your decision.

2. DaMan

DaMan Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2016
    United States
    pikachujapan likes this.
  3. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
    a doubt that I have Citra Builds built in mingw are faster than the others I did a little better performance using citra Canary 17 built in mingw.
    uhuu finally The geometry shader was merged in the master Build I hope the Devs do not take it again.

https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/2865

Last edited by NiagA, Sep 8, 2017
  4. jroweboy

jroweboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    >The geometry shader was merged in the master Build I hope the Devs do not take it again.

once its in master it doesn't go away.

@drwhojan i have no clue what you are going on about. telemetry doesn't crash mingw since both of them are built in master, we test both of them. if you've added something to your build that makes it crash i can't help there. the only issue with mingw right now is its not submitting telemetry due to an issue that i was hoping to fix tonight, but got distracted writing this https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/pull/2921

which is something that @legend80 was complaining about. this time (hopefully!) the graphics fix for those games will make it into master. (third times the charm right?)

NiagA and drwhojan like this.
  5. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Strange I build it from the original mater too, no think added.

I narrowed it down too
    "After a test, it only happens in mingw, when "Telemetry" share anonymous usage data with the citra team, is Checked.

It happens after running a game, then close it down, the crash is not a big deal, it just stalls for a bit then a crash message.

I'll retry and new build, and post if any issue.
    --------
    Since got my New 2ds XL under CFW 11.5.0.38 with R4i Gold RTS , any think I could use to help programs est in github with game test ?
    Not sure what programs you guys use, for source coding help ?.
    -----------
    EDIT: did a clean build from the original citra master in mingw, still has same issue.

Download this citra-clean-mingw-test
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/dhj4oq9lg9ao679/citra-clean-mingw-test.rar

Run a game are program, close it down and wait for the stall and crash

Only happens when this is Checked.
    656454656.jpg

UnCheck it, run game are program close down and it's fine works normal.
    --------------

Well best of luck with your fix :)

Last edited by drwhojan, Sep 8, 2017
  6. NiagA

NiagA GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2016
    Brazil
    in your mind
    @jroweboy why these graphical errors are now present in some games both in citra nightly builds and in citra canary I remember these graphical errors were not present in bleding edge and are now present in all citra compilations,or you still do not have a suitable solution for this?

Capturar5.JPG
    Capturar1.JPG

Capturar3.JPG

7. jroweboy

jroweboy Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2016
    United States
    That's what I was talking about. Read the description in the link I put in my previous post. That is a regression from a year and a half ago and it's been contentiously argued about a few times since then. The solution was stick it on bleeding edge and figure it out later. Well now that bleeding edge is going away b3n3o tried to get it merged to master and it got rejected a second time. Ds84124 put in some effort and researched it this last week and finally found what the correct fix is. So there it is. I wrote out what the right fix is and it's probably going to get merged to master this time since it's backed by research.

When canary goes live, the last thing missing is going to be pipe3 but that's not a real loss.

NiagA likes this.
  8. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!

I used the new canary mingw build, it worked fine, but file size of citra-qt.exe was smaller, my guess some think not wright with my compiling by msys2

Are maybe using the latest .dlls with the newer updates for the compiler, I see you must be using a older version of updates for mingw

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

PIP3 was other part that is already merged into main citra, no idea how it got separated..
    https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/compare/master...MerryMage:pipe3

Other part is

from line 311 to are 320 to 327
    https://github.com/citra-emu/citra/blob/master/src/core/hle/service/dsp_dsp.cpp#L311

These two work with each other, and dose give sounds on edit FMV and more sounds in Pokemon x/y est..

Test a fresh game until black screen freeze, with and without pipe 3 in PM X/Y, to see what I mean!.

Also PIPE3 dose fix the startup freeze in Tales of the Abyss, so some issues are fixed by sounds and music alone.

Last edited by drwhojan, Sep 9, 2017
  9. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Last edited by drwhojan, Sep 12, 2017 - Reason: Updated link
    NiagA and Raizane like this.
  10. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Well looks like, Metroid Samus Returns works in Citra, but little lag at start.

543543.jpg

Miguel Gomez and NiagA like this.
  11. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Not bad. Maybe the lag could be similar to Luigi's Mansion, Mario and Sonic at the 2016 Olympics, and Federation Force.

drwhojan likes this.
  12. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Metroid: Samus Returns run at 5-8FPS!
    Specs:
    Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @3.40GHz
    4GB RAM
    64 Bit
    Nvidia GeForce 210

13. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Yes maybe same issues, I don't know.

14. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Sorry if I taken this photo on a potato camera. Internet was slow during that time. Anyways, is it me or Samus Returns cannot make Scaled Resolution to smoothen the models?
    [​IMG]

Using 10x(which gives me at least 1-3FPS on that computer) won't make the game smooth but compress into pixels. Although, I'm not allowed to post issues on GitHub of a leaked game, but you should take note once the game is officially out(I still have my pre-order though).

Also, it's merely impossible to get the model for a Smash 3DS Model Import. :(

Last edited by Miguel Gomez, Sep 13, 2017
  15. DarkKnightPT

DarkKnightPT GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2014
    wow new metroid plays really well on my system 25fps :) definitely playable

drwhojan likes this.
  16. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    ^^^

Seems to run on this video better

17. DarkKnightPT

DarkKnightPT GBAtemp Regular

May 18, 2014
    wow it runs fullspeed for me on that build maybe cause it doesnt have geometric shaders i dunno, also pokemon moon/sun runs better on that build

drwhojan likes this.
  18. Miguel Gomez

Jan 10, 2016
    Planet Earth
    Damn. I assume the computer I'm using lack DirectX and other stuff which makes the scaled resolution pixelated.
    Anyways, I'll try on other computers.

It seems it's running well on i5 and i7 cores.

BTW. Someone managed to get the textures of Samus Returns.
    Power Suit
    Varia Suit
    Fusion Suit
    Gravity Suit
    Green Fusion Suit

drwhojan likes this.
  19. drwhojan

drwhojan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 14, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Where I Am!
    Lol, even my AMD run little crap, even with 16GB ram , I suppose it my CPU that is even so 4 core, maybe I need FM2+ type

But yes ICore are much better at FPS then most.

But can get a boost in speed from the AMD control center, by software CPU processor speed pushed the MHz to 3200

20. Urdaneta09

Urdaneta09 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 12, 2016
    Venezuela
    And Monster Hunter 3 ultimate (and maybe the MH4U i don't have it for test it :c) same thing 1-5 fps even in high-end PC

i see they spam the same yellow message in the console (don't know if is the problem i am just saying)

Attached Files: