Homebrew Citra - Unofficial \ Chinese builds discussion

Rayi19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys I've a problem hope u could help me please I need it 4 a work. I want to mega evolve permanently on S/M, I tried with the last version of PkHex but it doesnt work even pikachu and greninja forms works but the mega evolution dsnt work, I saw on some videos that is possible. I use citra. Thanks if anyone 've the solution.

crimsonedge11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for something that runs faster than the latest nightly, or bleeding edge builds. Even a build with a working frame skip. I don't even care if it's got more glitches than the official builds, I just want something that's faster.

All I need is the name of the build, and I can find the links myself.

A particular issue I'm running into with Citra, is that the emulator seems to be capping FPS below 60fps. Like for example, Bravely second runs 40fps capped in some areas, and the sound runs slow. Not 39fps, not 41fps, stone cold 40fps locked. With like 16% CPU usage. It's not even fully using one core. There is something with the emulator telling the FPS not to go higher than 40fps in those spots, and it's not hardware related. When I'm talking about 40fps, I mean 40fps with no fluctuation in frame rates at all. Vsynch is off, frame limiter is off.

Last edited by crimsonedge11,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking for something that runs faster than the latest nightly, or bleeding edge builds. Even a build with a working frame skip. I don't even care if it's got more glitches than the official builds, I just want something that's faster.

A particular issue I'm running into with Citra, is that the emulator seems to be capping FPS below 60fps. Like for example, Bravely second runs 40fps capped in some areas, and the sound runs slow. Not 39fps, not 41fps, stone cold 40fps locked. With like 16% CPU usage. It's not even fully using one core. There is something with the emulator telling the FPS not to go higher than 40fps in those spots, and it's not hardware related. When I'm talking about 40fps, I mean 40fps with no fluctuation in frame rates at all. Vsynch is off, frame limiter is off.
What is your specs?
Wait, what?? How are you playing this game exactly???
With Mii Maker booting on Citra(requires NAND), I can boot Mario Maker. I have a tutorial on my channel. But I won't post it here because it got GDMK's Chinese Build.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
I5 2500k @ 4.2ghz
12GBs DDR3 1600mhz
R9 390
Windows 10 64 bit

If my CPU isn't good enough, I guess I'll have to deal with it, but nobody has put out any official recommended specs yet. But it's plenty good enough for PCSX2 and Dolphin.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/citra-unofficial-chinese-builds-discussion.431974/page-221#post-7031499

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Recommended specs are found in the Official Site's Requirements.

Reactions: crimsonedge11

crimsonedge11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a SC of what I'm talking about. 40fps locked, 12% CPU usage....... Everywhere in town is 40fps with no fluctuation. It's like this in nearly every town outside. This isn't because my CPU isn't strong enough. As the SC shows, it's not even using my CPU hardly. It's using 50% of 1 core.

A7xYxKx.jpg

Slashㅤ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a SC of what I'm talking about. 40fps locked, 12% CPU usage....... Everywhere in town is 40fps with no fluctuation. It's like this in nearly every town outside. This isn't because my CPU isn't strong enough. As the SC shows, it's not even using my CPU hardly. It's using 50% of 1 core.

A7xYxKx.jpg
It's supposed to use one core only.

crimsonedge11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's supposed to use one core only.

I'm aware of that, but as the SC shows, it's 40fps locked, and isn't even fully using 1 of my 4 cores, or it would be closer to 25% usage. Something is keeping the emulator from fully using even 1 core.

I set CPU affinity to "high" as well as set the priority to use 1 core only, with the others disabled. It lowered my average core usage by a few % points, but it ultimately didn't impact my performance. That's a trick I use to squeeze out some extra FPS in other single core apps/games. In certain cases, it can be a pretty considerable boost.

NiagA

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

It should be settings of your pc same why Bravely Default and Bravely second both run for me to 60 PFS in all areas.

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It should be settings of your pc same why Bravely Default and Bravely second both run for me to 60 PFS in all areas.

I also can confirm that the game run at 60 fps in all areas (Core i3 3.1 GHz here) in almost any build of Citra that is not too old

Reactions: NiagA

crimsonedge11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a setting with my PC, then I honestly dunno where to start. Citra isn't the only emulator I'm having issues with atm. I'm getting 1/2 the average FPS of others on Cemu (Wii-U emulator) compared to others with similar specs to me. This isn't something I honestly have the knowledge to troubleshoot. It's definitely not something obvious.

PC games run fine. Even heavily CPU intensive games like Witcher 3 run 60fps.

Could this issue be related to my CPU going into a low power state mode when it's running single core apps?

Dragios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
I'm aware of that, but as the SC shows, it's 40fps locked, and isn't even fully using 1 of my 4 cores, or it would be closer to 25% usage. Something is keeping the emulator from fully using even 1 core.

I set CPU affinity to "high" as well as set the priority to use 1 core only, with the others disabled. It lowered my average core usage by a few % points, but it ultimately didn't impact my performance. That's a trick I use to squeeze out some extra FPS in other single core apps/games. In certain cases, it can be a pretty considerable boost.

Did you accidentally locked the Citra FPS using Fraps by any chance? Have a look at the Fraps settings.

LG_

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it's a setting with my PC, then I honestly dunno where to start. Citra isn't the only emulator I'm having issues with atm. I'm getting 1/2 the average FPS of others on Cemu (Wii-U emulator) compared to others with similar specs to me. This isn't something I honestly have the knowledge to troubleshoot. It's definitely not something obvious.
Update your GPU drivers, make a full update of your OS, defrag your HDDs (not related, but will not hurt...). If everything fails, make a fresh new installation of your OS (formating and installing everything will mostly take less time than your hunting for a problem that you don't even know yet).

Did you accidentally locked the Citra FPS using Fraps by any chance? Have a look at the Fraps settings.
Fraps only lock the FPS when recording.

crimsonedge11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could any of these errors be causing the speed issue?

[ 14.765856] Debug.Emulated <Critical> core\hle\svc.cpp:Break:450: Emulated program broke execution!
[ 14.766644] Debug.Emulated <Critical> core\hle\svc.cpp:Break:466: Break reason: PANIC
[ 14.767729] Debug.Emulated <Critical> core\hle\svc.cpp:Break:450: Emulated program broke execution!
[ 14.767887] Debug.Emulated <Critical> core\hle\svc.cpp:Break:466: Break reason: PANIC
[ 14.768027] Debug.Emulated <Critical> core\hle\svc.cpp:Break:450: Emulated program broke execution!
[ 14.768142] Debug.Emulated <Critical> core\hle\svc.cpp:Break:466: Break reason: PANIC
[ 19.040342] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\shader\shader_jit_x64_compiler.cpp:Compile_NextInstr:801: Unhandled instruction: 0x2b (0xac000000)
[ 19.040990] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\shader\shader_jit_x64_compiler.cpp:Compile_NextInstr:801: Unhandled instruction: 0x2a (0xa8000000)
[ 19.041421] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\shader\shader_jit_x64_compiler.cpp:Compile_NextInstr:801: Unhandled instruction: 0x2b (0xad000000)
[ 19.041613] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\shader\shader_jit_x64_compiler.cpp:Compile_NextInstr:801: Unhandled instruction: 0x2a (0xa8000000)
[ 19.041779] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\shader\shader_jit_x64_compiler.cpp:Compile_NextInstr:801: Unhandled instruction: 0x2b (0xae800000)
[ 19.041929] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\shader\shader_jit_x64_compiler.cpp:Compile_NextInstr:801: Unhandled instruction: 0x2a (0xa8000000)
[ 19.042080] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\shader\shader_jit_x64_compiler.cpp:Compile_NextInstr:801: Unhandled instruction: 0x2b (0xacc00000)
[ 19.042233] HW.GPU <Critical> video_core\shader\shader_jit_x64_compiler.cpp:Compile_NextInstr:801: Unhandled instruction: 0x2a (0xa8000000)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: ... that's rough buddy