Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

Kumoashi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For everyone who keeps asking about the 3DS Pokemon games, please read this.

At the moment Citra is unable to run any Pokemon games well enough to be able play them. With special builds of Citra it is possible to get the games to start up, however without a save file that is already a little ways into the game, you can't get anywhere. Even with all of that, the Pokemon games still crash/freeze in a lot of spots, making them unplayable.

You are better off playing them on a real Nintendo 3DS, or playing some of the older games on emulators for something like the Nintendo DS, GameBoy Advance, GBC, etc. If you are really that set on playing any of the 3DS Pokemon games on your computer you have no choice but to wait for now until Citra, or another emulator, is advanced enough to run them.

Last edited by Kumoashi,
Reactions: DesuIsSparta

cercus

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, when I download Citra and I run, windows says : "Unable to start the program because it lacks MSVCP140.dll on your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" and "Unable to start the program because it lacks VCRUNTIME.dll on your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" and "Unable to start the program because it lacks VCRUNTIME140.dll on your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, when I download Citra and I run, windows says : "Unable to start the program because it lacks MSVCP140.dll on your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" and "Unable to start the program because it lacks VCRUNTIME.dll on your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem" and "Unable to start the program because it lacks VCRUNTIME140.dll on your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem"
Just download Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable. When you got missing msvcp140.dll, best solution is Visual C++.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW. HelpMyDevice's guide didn't actually work for others.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
For those who bought the game and dump it personally and not illegally download it, has anyone tested the Mario and Sonic 2016 Olympics or it still crash just like 2012 Olympics?

tywald

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know Monster Hunter games doesn't work yet, however I'm wondering if anyone is onto it, checking new builds to see if any progress has been made for those games. Hopefully it's not too obscure.

I will monitor this thread for updates, pretty good activity here!

Last edited by tywald,

ZeroV

Trophies
XP
Country
Booted nearly the entire library in 1 year. Recompiler and JIT and shader rewrite currently being made for massive fps increase. I see why not this year. Audio also has been in development for 3 weeks and starting to sound better than before, but still won't get finished just yet as merry mage is wroking on so many things at once.
So far so good!Even with the bugs,no audio,low frame etc I would still like to get into the game of Pokemon x y or ORAS.I am having big problem i have descrypted rom and Citra CRO and some save files but the problem i have is just.....The problem is whenever i boot the Pokemon X after that intro it just shows me the window with message "citra-qt.exe has stopped working"Please help me if there is any solution!Lot of ppl say that Citra is still in early development what is true but i see on their youtube site that you can actually play pokemon xy with save files and..I cannot even boot it properly!Any solutions pls message me!And i am noob on this website soo excuses if i did something wrong! :P

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So far so good!Even with the bugs,no audio,low frame etc I would still like to get into the game of Pokemon x y or ORAS.I am having big problem i have descrypted rom and Citra CRO and some save files but the problem i have is just.....The problem is whenever i boot the Pokemon X after that intro it just shows me the window with message "citra-qt.exe has stopped working"Please help me if there is any solution!Lot of ppl say that Citra is still in early development what is true but i see on their youtube site that you can actually play pokemon xy with save files and..I cannot even boot it properly!Any solutions pls message me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: