Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

RPGTsukuru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
If a developer has a team that understands the code, then all can be eitherPPSSPP. A good team can make a working emulator is very fast, it would wish.As a developer PPSSPP an incentive to play Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core on your android device. The way was long and thorny, but it was worth it, I think.
Topic Starter need a good incentive.
(google translate, i knew it)

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ifa developer hasa team thatunderstands thecode, then allcan be eitherPPSSPP.A good teamcan makea workingemulatoris very fast,it would wish.As a developerPPSSPPan incentiveto playFinal Fantasy VII: Crisis Coreon yourandroiddevice.The way waslong and thorny, butit was worth it, I think.
Topic Starterneed a goodincentive.
(google translate, i knew it)

What the hell PPSSPP has to do with Citra ? PSP and 3DS are two completely different systems

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory porting a 3ds emulator to android might actually work reasonably well because of architecture similarities. ..however that's a LONG way off probably.

TheCruel

Developer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Citra is furthest along and is most promising. And they started working on them separately, but they're sorta working together now (when they need tips).

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
So uh.. I actually meant to post this screenshot here, but then posted it in the 7.2.0-17 system update thread instead because fail and the whatnot :P

Anyway:
aBj1uTh.png

Is that the start of 3D support?

And why don't these emulator creators work together?

Almost every system has at least two emulators, and that's not usually a bad thing (Dreamcast, PSX, PS2, etc.) It's much better to have more options, just in case one developer gets burned out, stuck, etc.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Problem is: WHERE IS THE FREKING .exe FILE?!?!
You need to compile it yourself using Visual Studio. If you don't know how, this is pretty much useless to you as it's currently meant for debugging small homebrews. Someone may have posted an executable somewhere in this thread though, I dunno.

MegaSuperab

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
You need to compile it yourself using Visual Studio. If you don't know how, this is pretty much useless to you as it's currently meant for debugging small homebrews. Someone may have posted an executable somewhere in this thread though, I dunno.
Couldn't you just do it and then put the .exe file in the folder?!

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't you just do it and then put the .exe file in the folder?!
Couldn't you do that, then put the .exe file in the folder?!
It's so people who would fill thread with " my Pokemon rom won't work help" can't do that.

Truthfully, if you can't compile it yourself, you will not even be able to get home brew working at all. This not a free game loader, it is a developer tool, with 0% compatability for ANY commercial games. So if you wanted Mario or new super smash brothers, or even the simplest of games to work, check this thread 2 years from now.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes,I meantmotivation.Will bea good motivationandthe emulatorwill be developedjust as quicklyasPPSSPP.
PPSSPP had the basis put in place by emulators like Potemkin, jPCSP, PCSP and many others which were worked on since at least 3-4 (maybe even 5) years before its release.

You can't make a working emulator for a modern system in a few months like PPSSPP did without ANY basis already out there - and there aren't any for 3DS.

Be realistic. It's not a motivation issue, it's a documentation issue.

gdeliana

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Albania
Replying the previous post:

In one way this is true, ppsspp needed plenty of time. But remember the beautiful day when we got no$gba by nocash. It was very suddenly that it started to emulate NDS. I think it's a matter of documentation stuff. You need to understand the hw and reverse engineer a lot. Depends also on the time of the developer. I would like so much to help, but i just started php development and along with that javascript...they are just scripting languages...nothing in front of c++

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
In one way this is true, ppsspp needed plenty of time. But remember the beautiful day when we got no$gba by nocash. It was very suddenly that it started to emulate NDS.

It didn't happen immediately. The DS ended up being similar enough to the GBA to allow him to progress quickly. The 3DS is a completely different system.

I wonder if no$ will implement 3ds emulation?

kaizar11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hi..I was thrilled when I saw this. So I create an acount just to say you guys did a great a job. :yaysp:
I wonder what my old username and pass are..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He wants to bone anything with a dick