Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
Playing on a real system is usually a much better experience than playing it on a computer, sure, some PSX and Wii games can look much nicer with the proper filters, however, handheld games don't usually fit into those.

While the 3D might be a gimmick, so is the gyroscope and a lot of 3DS games actually use it.

The gyroscope may be needed by many games, but it is not impossible to emulate.note that the motionplus feature of the wiimote is pretty much emulated in soever unofficial builds of dolphin emulator.it may not be perfect but people have been able to finish games that require a functional motionplus.

Kalker3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
He's right. If we ever get as far as releasing something that can actually play games, it will need a high end PC.

When it gets to play commercial games for the first time, yes, I do believe it'll need a high end one, whoever, I don't think a 600$ PC is considered high end prebuilt-wise, most people I know tend to go for those.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Some other guy on these forums released something similar, and I just suggested he better use his talents on helping this emulator, rather than building his own. His was nowhere near as good as this one, so I pointed him to this thread. I believe he called his "TronDS". It didn't impress, but hopefully he'll take my advice. I want Citra to be the Desmume of emulators. :D

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The gyroscope may be needed by many games, but it is not impossible to emulate.note that the motionplus feature of the wiimote is pretty much emulated in soever unofficial builds of dolphin emulator.it may not be perfect but people have been able to finish games that require a functional motionplus.

The wiimote was mostly substituted by the mouse, thing is, the 3DS uses both, a stylus and gyroscope, you can't really use the mouse for it as well.

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
Playing on a real system is usually a much better experience than playing it on a computer, sure, some PSX and Wii games can look much nicer with the proper filters, however, handheld games don't usually fit into those.

While the 3D might be a gimmick, so is the gyroscope and a lot of 3DS games actually use it.
I'd preferre having everything on just one system instead of lugging about a whole bunch of hardware around.

That said, how the devil ARE you going to emulate the gyroscopes???

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'd preferre having everything on just one system instead of lugging about a whole bunch of hardware around.

My PSP, my 3DS and my tablet together, don't get to half the weight of a laptop for example, not to mention that they're meant to fit pockets, hence the 'portable' part of the systems. z.z

RichardLaughter_

Trophies
XP
Shouldn't pc gamer have high end hardware anyway? O.o really, if it does require a lot of juice to play, it will only effect the 12 year old pokenerds. Us guys with jobs will have no problems. :D

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's too expensive seeing as I only want to play pokemon games on it.

Guess you get to miss out on this generation of pokemon then......honestly I wouldn't expect any games to run on this thing for a while -- i.e. bare minimal of months, and at that it probably won't be running anything WELL to speak of until long after that.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Wanna know how a 3DS emulator would run on your PC? Try the Android SDK emulator :rofl2:
It's too expensive seeing as I only want to play pokemon games on it.

Well then you'll be missing out.
Btw, I want to tell you that there are people who bought a 3DS just for this game.
I also want to tell you that 2DS is a thing.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
also you can borrow one, or
buy one temporarily and sell it on after you play pokemon

or keep an eye out for one dirt cheap, i picked up one for £30 with mario 3ds land and another for £35 without a game, saying i really want something but i don't want it is kinda.....stupid

Reactions: TsukiyoX

Naxou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire

Dualshock 3 have motion controls and can be emulated with DS3 or Better DS3 :)... but i get your point, some function doesn't fit with emulation.

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
My PSP, my 3DS and my tablet together, don't get to half the weight of a laptop for example, not to mention that they're meant to fit pockets, hence the 'portable' part of the systems. z.z
Granted, but that is just considering two handheld systems.
I'd want to have GBA, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, NDS, 3DS, PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 (still impossible, I know) all on one system instead of having a cupboard full of consols and an even bigger one filled with all the games. And a medium sized laptop is portable enough for me.

Reactions: TsukiyoX

emmauss

Trophies
XP
Country
Ghana
The wiimote was mostly substituted by the mouse, thing is, the 3DS uses both, a stylus and gyroscope, you can't really use the mouse for it as well.

I don't know how the motion sensors work on the 3ds, but it uses a standard 6-axis accelerometer gyroscope pairing.now this is common in most high end smartphone and controllers. I doubt you use the 3ds the same way one uses the wiimote.ie,slashing the wiimote here and there like you are playing skyward sword.in fact, most Wii games use the wiimote as a pointing device, like tales of symphonia and final fantasy crystal bearer .
this is the reason why he wiimote is emulated with the mouse,that way it is easier to use the pointing feature and rapid movements at the same time.for the 3ds, from what I know from 6 axis motion sensors,it is used for checking slight motion and shakes and also orientation.

if you are a good dolphin emu user, you may have heard of UDPWII .you can use a controller with updwii function as an alternative controller and use certain features from it.this way I use my android phone as an alternative controller,together with my gamepad and mouse,and I can emulate every control of the wiimote.you can emulate the gyroscope by using the inbuilt gyroscope in most phones.

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
I don't know how the motion sensors work on the 3ds, but it uses a standard 6-axis accelerometer gyroscope pairing.now this is common in most high end smartphone and controllers. I doubt you use the 3ds the same way one uses the wiimote.ie,slashing the wiimote here and there like you are playing skyward sword.in fact, most Wii games use the wiimote as a pointing device, like tales of symphonia and final fantasy crystal bearer .
this is the reason why he wiimote is emulated with the mouse,that way it is easier to use the pointing feature and rapid movements at the same time.for the 3ds, from what I know from 6 axis motion sensors,it is used for checking slight motion and shakes and also orientation.

if you are a good dolphin emu user, you may have heard of UDPWII .you can use a controller with updwii function as an alternative controller and use certain features from it.this way I use my android phone as an alternative controller,together with my gamepad and mouse,and I can emulate every control of the wiimote.you can emulate the gyroscope by using the inbuilt gyroscope in most phones.
Uuuuuuuuuhhh...... emmauss.... you triple posted! O.o

Anyway, yeah! Didn't think of that!

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Granted, but that is just considering two handheld systems.
I'd want to have GBA, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Wii, NDS, 3DS, PS1, PS2, PSP, PS3 (still impossible, I know) all on one system instead of having a cupboard full of consols and an even bigger one filled with all the games. And a medium sized laptop is portable enough for me.
I was specifically reffering to portable systems, like the 3DS.

Tattorack

Interstellar Explorer
Trophies
Website
tattorack.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Denmark
sorry about the triple post,I do most of my browsing on phone and sometime my browser doesn't refresh the page well when I reply so when I refresh it myself it sends the same reply.
Yeah, I understand >.<

I was specifically reffering to portable systems, like the 3DS.
Well, some portable systems can look really good at 15" or 13" (17" is just... far too big for anything in my opinion).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/gz90ppV7yfE?si=y1IdUB1kPvndhn5P