Homebrew Official Citra - New 3DS Emulator

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone use that build @Leo121 posted, the others posted on this thread are more broken and slow. His is more up to date, and works properly and is as fast or faster than the master.

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
My build has issues with most of the games that require CRO. They either crash or don't launch at all so don't expect my build to play Smash or Hyrule Warriors.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Yo guys. Can you suggest me what game storage(idk the term) should I use for my 2DS?
Either Gateway or Sky3DS or something. I'm trying to play games without the use of Homebrew(I quit using that) and R4 is for Nintendo DS.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yo guys. Can you suggest me what game storage(idk the term) should I use for my 2DS?
Either Gateway or Sky3DS or something. I'm trying to play games without the use of Homebrew(I quit using that) and R4 is for Nintendo DS.
Downgrade 3ds. Get A9LH and bypass security to use cias and roms on sysnand. The A9LH Hack boots 100% no crash, very fast, and very customization. Do not by a gateway or sky3ds card as those are basically pointless to have now.

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downgrade 3ds. Get A9LH and bypass security to use cias and roms on sysnand. The A9LH Hack boots 100% no crash, very fast, and very customization. Do not by a gateway or sky3ds card as those are basically pointless to have now.
Here's a good guide for A9LH: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
If you're using Gateway you should use AuReiNand, and keep a 9.2 EmuNAND + firmware90.bin on the SD card so you can still use the launcher.
If you don't have Gateway you don't need an EmuNAND.

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
@Leo121 You're build is amazing on Gen 6 Pokemon Games! It's kinda look the same as the original but too much with the cel-shading. :P
Anyways, good build and good job to Bunnei for the Geometry Shader.
Thanks, but it's JayFoxRox's gs-new-refactor branch I used, not the geometry-shader which is slower. In addition JayFoxRox's hw-dot3 branch fixed the lighting in the Pokemon games

Last edited by Leo121,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
With Leo121's build:

Pokemon ORAS:
-looks like the real game on the 3DS but the cel-shading is messed up.
-Framerate is about 15-35(but for i7 users, I think 30-50).
-Still can't bypass the truck!
TCZkBpI.png
Sa8sbe5.jpg
Hyrule Warriors Legends:
-Crash when attempt to boot

Super Smash Bros 4:
-

Cardfight!!! Vanguard: Stride to Victory:
-Fatal Error after Intro

Attack on Titan Humanity in Chains:
-Can bypass the Character Selection
-Framerate on every cutscene(both the Opening music and Story Mode) is 2FPS!
-Crash when ingame
yKknhLSr.png

The Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds:
-Framerate is about 20-30
-Won't load save file

Super Smash Bros 4 DEMO:
-Refuse to load
-Fatal Error

Shovel Knight:
-Refuse to load

Super Mario 3D Land:
-Can't be playable unless CRO has fixed
-Title Screen has 20FPS

Megaman Legacy Collection:
-With sounds, it's terrifying
-Broken Panic

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With Leo121's build:

Pokemon ORAS:
-looks like the real game on the 3DS but the cel-shading is messed up.
-Framerate is about 15-35(but for i7 users, I think 30-50).

-Broken Panic
Anything with panic make sure you have a shared_font.bin and a save file and it should work.

Smash bros demo works fine for me. Think you need a save?

Shovel knight now looks flawless with no graphic issues at runs 60fps , particles may drop fps a slight bit.

Hyrule warriors would work but no idea what PR or build fixed it. Guys at emuland fixed it somehow. I'd imagine the geometry shaders would fix the weird graphic issues the game had.

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
Anything with panic make sure you have a shared_font.bin and a save file and it should work.

Smash bros demo works fine for me. Think you need a save?

Shovel knight now looks flawless with no graphic issues at runs 60fps , particles may drop fps a slight bit.

Hyrule warriors would work but no idea what PR or build fixed it. Guys at emuland fixed it somehow. I'd imagine the geometry shaders would fix the weird graphic issues the game had.
I do have shared_font.bin. It's just Megaman Legacy can't be playable. But can go to other places instead of playing.

This is what I get when trying to boot Smash Bros Demo
[ 39.867272] Render.OpenGL <Critical> video_core\renderer_opengl\gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:RasterizerCacheOpenGL::GetFramebufferSurfaces:484: Color and depth framebuffer memory regions overlap; overlapping framebuffers not supported!
[ 40.076957] Render.OpenGL <Critical> video_core\renderer_opengl\gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:RasterizerCacheOpenGL::GetFramebufferSurfaces:484: Color and depth framebuffer memory regions overlap; overlapping framebuffers not supported!
[ 40.349895] Render.OpenGL <Critical> video_core\renderer_opengl\gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:RasterizerCacheOpenGL::GetFramebufferSurfaces:484: Color and depth framebuffer memory regions overlap; overlapping framebuffers not supported!
[ 40.581541] Render.OpenGL <Critical> video_core\renderer_opengl\gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:RasterizerCacheOpenGL::GetFramebufferSurfaces:484: Color and depth framebuffer memory regions overlap; overlapping framebuffers not supported!
[ 40.813337] Render.OpenGL <Critical> video_core\renderer_opengl\gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:RasterizerCacheOpenGL::GetFramebufferSurfaces:484: Color and depth framebuffer memory regions overlap; overlapping framebuffers not supported!
[ 41.042488] Render.OpenGL <Critical> video_core\renderer_opengl\gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:RasterizerCacheOpenGL::GetFramebufferSurfaces:484: Color and depth framebuffer memory regions overlap; overlapping framebuffers not supported!
[ 41.249010] Render.OpenGL <Critical> video_core\renderer_opengl\gl_rasterizer_cache.cpp:RasterizerCacheOpenGL::GetFramebufferSurfaces:484: Color and depth framebuffer memory regions overlap; overlapping framebuffers not supported!
[ 41.299302] Service.FS <Error> core\hle\service\fs\fs_user.cpp:Service::FS::OpenFileDirectly:119: failed to get a handle for archive archive_id=0x2345678A archive_path=[Binary: 020201009b00040000ffffff02000000]
[ 41.306144] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:108: Fatal error!
[ 41.306767] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:116: PID: 0x00000000_0x00000000
[ 41.307592] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:117: REV: 57214
[ 41.313850] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:118: AID: 0x00000000_0x00000000
[ 41.316143] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:119: ADR: 0x001DE548
[ 41.322475] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:121: RSL: 0xFFFFFFFF
[ 41.329316] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:122: Level: 31
[ 41.330540] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:123: Summary: 63
[ 41.336198] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:124: Module: 255
[ 41.337145] Service.ERR <Critical> core\hle\service\err_f.cpp:ERR_F::ThrowFatalError:125: Desc: 1023

As Shovel Knight
[ 41.623801] HW.Memory <Error> core\memory.cpp:Memory::Read:182: unmapped Read32 @ 0x00004798

and Hyrule Warriors just crash like normally. Boot on Scaled Resolution build of yours few pages ago.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do have shared_font.bin. It's just Megaman Legacy can't be playable. But can go to other places instead of playing.

As Shovel Knight
[ 41.623801] HW.Memory <Error> core\memory.cpp:Memory::Read:182: unmapped Read32 @ 0x00004798

and Hyrule Warriors just crash like normally. Boot on Scaled Resolution build of yours few pages ago.
yeah you need a save file smash bros demo. Shovel knight is weird as some roms work, some don't. Hyrule warriors won't work since i don't know what fixed it.

No idea why megaman even boots honesly as that game needs a CRO update like the full game of smash bros.

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

Miguel Gomez

Trophies
XP
Country
yeah you need a save file smash bros demo. Shovel knight is weird as some roms work, some don't. Hyrule warriors won't work since i don't know what fixed it.

No idea why megaman even boots honesly as that game needs a CRO update like the full game of smash bros.
Well. Megaman Legacy Collection doesn't have the same build as Megaman 1-6 Virtual Console. That explains why it doesn't play. But at least I know their concept arts and cut characters. :P

Edit: Also, finally boot Super Mystery Dungeon. But can't be playable unless a save file is require.
jmEObky.png

Also. Gen 6 Pokemon games froze when you attempt to move diagonally. So if you're going to "play" Pokemon in Citra, I suggest you to use the TFGH to move. Attempting to use the Eon Flute and land at any spot will froze the game.

Last edited by Miguel Gomez,

Leo121

Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
fyi if you've merged jit2 there are no speed improvements in publicly available branches.

Still working on it.
I didn't merge jit2. I'm patient and can wait. I mean your'e tackling audio as well so you've got a lot on your hands :).

Edit: For those who want to know what was merged:
  • hw-tex-forwarding branch
  • gs-new-refactor (this branch also has shader-jit2 commits)
  • audio-core branch
  • pipe 3 commit
  • cro branch
  • systime branch (I wasn't originally going to put it but I tried it and seemed to work)
  • hw-dot3 branch
Remember my build is very unofficial so don't going around sharing it too much. I released it so that gbatemp members can try it. I don't want to give people the impression that it can fix any problem.

Last edited by Leo121,
Reactions: KazoWAR and pol40

John1234

Trophies
XP
Country
I did few test on I7 4770. Converting my backup from CIA to 3DS is a hassle . Citra needs to run cia format that way testing is much easier.

Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition japanese version ...slow but can go ingame
Fire Emblem Fates Special Edition usa can't boot.
Stella Glow abnormally fast , in battle screen has bright glow
Fantasy Life slow
Fire Emblem Awakening ... 2d runs fine its the 3d which is slow. sound seem 70% ok
Puzzle & Dragons Z boots but black screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3