Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
mike333 said:
NutNut said:
mike333 said:
Davebaol, what are You doing these days?WtF ?!?!Cheer up. Someday You will be famous too and maybe someone will ask about Your projects.
;PFYI even though the first post says the d2x cIOS Installer was created by dragbe, it was actually created by dragbe AND NutNut. So careful who you call out, I've made that mistake before... back before I heard of Megazig and Omega I accused them of being nobody's cuz they were arguing my buddy DeadlyFoez (which basically was like painting a big target on my back)... eventually I learned my lesson, be sure to google someone's name before accusing them of not contributing anything worthwhile to the scene.

Anyways, I'm sure davebaol will pick up the project again soon... here's a couple PMs between davebaol and I with some hints as to what you can expect in d2x v7 beta1 (I'm pretty sure davebaol won't mind if I share this info... @ davebaol, if u would rather I don't go public with sort of thing, let me know and I'll edit this post and never do it again)
XFlak - PM to davebaol @ Jun 14 2011Hey man, I just wanted to give u a heads up on the changes I've made to the latest ModMii beta! Firstly, the d2x-beta.bat template has slightly changed again, so I'll need to send u that (let me know when ur ready for your next beta!). But here's the cool part, I've added support for multiple d2x-beta's! d2x-beta.bat and modules should now be saved here in order for ModMii v4.6.0+ to use it: modules\More-cIOSs\{ANY FOLDER NAME}. So inside the "More-cIOSs" folder u can save as many d2x-beta folders as you like (ie. "d2x v7 final", "d2x v6 with v3 ehci", etc.), then instead of typing betaon or betaoff on ModMii's download pages, just type "beta" and it will take u to a menu asking which one to use. And it still supports the old method of saving the d2x-beta.bat to modules\d2x-beta\, so people who don't read the new instructions will still be able to get it working using the old method.

Anyways, keep up the awesome work buddy!
davebaol - PM to XFlak @ Jun 14 2011
Cool, great work!
I already fixed error 002 for WF+ channel installation, but I'd like to fix some more relevant issues before releasing v7 beta1, like base 58 or Nintendo wi-fi connection for nand emulation.
So I will not release it anytime soon, I guess.

mike333

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
XFlak said:
Anyways, I'm sure davebaol will pick up the project again soon... here's a couple PMs between davebaol and I with some hints as to what you can expect in d2x v7 beta1 (I'm pretty sure davebaol won't mind if I share this info... @ davebaol, if u would rather I don't go public with sort of thing, let me know and I'll edit this post and never do it again)
Thanks for the update.

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kamiro04 said:
Mortal Kombat (Armaggedon) is an IOS reloading game.
You can use a d2x v6 cIOS in combination with CFG v69 (which would activate automatically ios_reload_block), or in CFG go to the game settings and select alt-dol > disc > MK7.dol and save (that way you'll bypass the IOS reload and go straight to the game).
Sorry, should have specified. I'm using d2x v6 with cfg v69. So far all other games have worked (Inc Metroid prime trilogy) but this one just hangs at the cfg loading screen. Maybe I'll try another region of it...
Nothing special I need to do? Black ops, for example, I had to choose base 250, 249 wouldn't work. Anything like that for mk?

Thanks

norbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@NutNut / dragbe:
I played around with d2x installer and updated ios250 with different bases to test some games if they are working. Of course, i will re-install d2x with base 57 into that slot. But I was too fast and so d2x v3 was installed. Just an idee for the next version: it would be great if the default selected version would be the last for d2x and the default slot could be 249. This saves time for scrolling.
biggrin.gif
Apropos scrolling: the screen is flickering, but doesn't hurts so much. And as always: Thanks again!

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
norbyte said:
@NutNut / dragbe:
I played around with d2x installer and updated ios250 with different bases to test some games if they are working. Of course, i will re-install d2x with base 57 into that slot. But I was too fast and so d2x v3 was installed. Just an idee for the next version: it would be great if the default selected version would be the last for d2x and the default slot could be 249. This saves time for scrolling.
biggrin.gif
Apropos scrolling: the screen is flickering, but doesn't hurts so much. And as always: Thanks again!
Ok, we will think about it
smile.gif

Yes I know, the screen is flickering a bit since we fixed a bug that makes the installer not working with screen settings 480p

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Morien said:
Nothing special I need to do? Black ops, for example, I had to choose base 250, 249 wouldn't work. Anything like that for mk?
Mine is PAL (RMKP5D) and it runs fine on my Wii forced to NTSC bases 56, 57 and recently 38 (in Wii Backup Manager its IOS Flag is IOS17, so the base shouldn't be a problem).
Can you try the alt dol method?

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morien said:
I've been unable to get Mortal Kombat to work. It is PAL version of the game. It hangs at the CFG USB Loader screen "Loading game: ......"

Anything special I need to do?

Thanks

I had that problem too back when alt dol was first discovered. I noticed the iso I had was patched to 249 for disc use, after getting a copy and ripping it myself it worked just fine. Go figure. Mind you it was NTSC.

pokemonster

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi oggzee can you add detection for this cios mod of hermes made by rodries

Release Notes:
* Added new module EHC.
* Added real support of using both ports simultaniously without shutting down the
other. There is no longer the limitation that the settings have to be on SD card for this. (CIOS HERMES ONLY!)

mellow.gif

dragbe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
norbyte said:
@NutNut / dragbe:
it would be great if the default selected version would be the last for d2x and the default slot could be 249.
no problem, added to the todo list
QUOTE said:
QUOTE(NutNut @ Jun 24 2011, 10:45 PM)
Yes I know, the screen is flickering a bit since we fixed a bug that makes the installer not working with screen settings 480p
after pressing a button ?

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Again, this project ist so awesome. =)

Is it known, that double layer games like MPTrilogy aren't working with the newest update?
Means you can load the "ios reloading" games but MP3 in MPT isn't starting.

Best

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have downloaded cIOS250[56]-d2x-v6.wad using modmii but configurable usb loader v69 detected this as base 58. Is there something wrong with the wad file installer?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
papermanzero said:

Is it known, that double layer games like MPTrilogy aren't working with the newest update?

Best

Does the same .iso work with another cIOS? If yes which one? What's the error exactly? Which file system do you use? Which loaders did you try? Which versions of the loaders?

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
arjaylight said:
i have downloaded cIOS250[56]-d2x-v6.wad using modmii but configurable usb loader v69 detected this as base 58. Is there something wrong with the wad file installer?
CFG starts with slot 249 normally unless you tell it to start in another slot, so you probably have a cIOS with base 58 installed in 249.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
WiiPower said:
papermanzero said:

Best

Does the same .iso work with another cIOS? If yes which one? What's the error exactly? Which file system do you use? Which loaders did you try? Which versions of the loaders?

All the 3 games from MTP work for me.
And DL games like SSBB and Sakura Wars are woring too.
I'm pretty sure it's not a cIOS issue.

XFlak said:
mike333 said:
NutNut said:
mike333 said:
Davebaol, what are You doing these days?WtF ?!?!Cheer up. Someday You will be famous too and maybe someone will ask about Your projects.
;P
FYI even though the first post says the d2x cIOS Installer was created by dragbe, it was actually created by dragbe AND NutNut. So careful who you call out, I've made that mistake before... back before I heard of Megazig and Omega I accused them of being nobody's cuz they were arguing my buddy DeadlyFoez (which basically was like painting a big target on my back)... eventually I learned my lesson, be sure to google someone's name before accusing them of not contributing anything worthwhile to the scene.

XFlak - PM to davebaol @ Jun 14 2011
Hey man, I just wanted to give u a heads up on the changes I've made to the latest ModMii beta! Firstly, the d2x-beta.bat template has slightly changed again, so I'll need to send u that (let me know when ur ready for your next beta!). But here's the cool part, I've added support for multiple d2x-beta's! d2x-beta.bat and modules should now be saved here in order for ModMii v4.6.0+ to use it: modules\More-cIOSs\{ANY FOLDER NAME}. So inside the "More-cIOSs" folder u can save as many d2x-beta folders as you like (ie. "d2x v7 final", "d2x v6 with v3 ehci", etc.), then instead of typing betaon or betaoff on ModMii's download pages, just type "beta" and it will take u to a menu asking which one to use. And it still supports the old method of saving the d2x-beta.bat to modules\d2x-beta\, so people who don't read the new instructions will still be able to get it working using the old method.

Anyways, keep up the awesome work buddy!
davebaol - PM to XFlak @ Jun 14 2011
Cool, great work!
I already fixed error 002 for WF+ channel installation, but I'd like to fix some more relevant issues before releasing v7 beta1, like base 58 or Nintendo wi-fi connection for nand emulation.
So I will not release it anytime soon, I guess.
No problem.
smile.gif

In the meantime I've fixed few minor bugs and currently rodries and me are trying to improve the EHCI module, but guys it's really a mess.
wacko.gif

Morien

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DGenerateKane said:
Morien said:
I've been unable to get Mortal Kombat to work. It is PAL version of the game. It hangs at the CFG USB Loader screen "Loading game: ......"

Anything special I need to do?

Thanks

I had that problem too back when alt dol was first discovered. I noticed the iso I had was patched to 249 for disc use, after getting a copy and ripping it myself it worked just fine. Go figure. Mind you it was NTSC.

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Hanged even on alt dol method, so I will try to get do likewise and get another copy and rip it myself.

Thanks

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Etheboss said:
arjaylight said:
CFG starts with slot 249 normally unless you tell it to start in another slot, so you probably have a cIOS with base 58 installed in 249.

no my slot 249 is correct d2x base 57

my problem is slot 250 with d2x base 56 (as i thought) but when i checked it with CFG v69, cIOS listed for slot 250 d2x base 58.

i used modmii to download cIOS250[56]-d2x-v6.wad.

papermanzero

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
davebaol said:
WiiPower said:
papermanzero said:

Best

All the 3 games from MTP work for me.
And DL games like SSBB and Sakura Wars are woring too.
I'm pretty sure it's not a cIOS issue.

Which base IOS are you using.
Or which IOS is recommend

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: no I dont torrent