Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Set your language in the wii settings to english. Also, the game does not work? I thought it has the WM+ video you only need to see once?

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Set your language in the wii settings to english. Also, the game does not work? I thought it has the WM+ video you only need to see once?
What if the main language patch was done by the cIOS instead of the loaders and also restored when a ios reload block is activated.
Maybe some of those game patches should be implemented in the cIOS itself that way they would be easier restored after an ios reload.

Or if some of those common bytes that the loaders mem patches changes (ex language patch, video patch) also would be read and saved and also to be restored with the ios reload block function. Even if the loader doesn't have any patches activated when the game is started it would do no harm, because then the original bytes would be read and there would be no differ.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, it's possible, but until there's no real need, there are more important features. Ocarina has its own code to repatch any loaded .dol, so the most important one is done already.

laputrida

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there guys! Your work is amazing, I hope you continue developing and updating your cIOS
smile.gif

Some problems here...

Red Wii, 4.3E, cIOS d2x v6 (58) slot 249.

I'm not able to block IOS reload in The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return and in Sam & Max: Season One. I select it in game settings, but it doesn't work...

I'm using USB Loader GX 2.1 release 1080. Same problem with Neogamma.

Maybe I should use base IOS 56?
Thanks!!

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
laputrida said:
Hi there guys! Your work is amazing, I hope you continue developing and updating your cIOS
smile.gif

Some problems here...

Red Wii, 4.3E, cIOS d2x v6 (58) slot 249.

I'm not able to block IOS reload in The House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return and in Sam & Max: Season One. I select it in game settings, but it doesn't work...

I'm using USB Loader GX 2.1 release 1080. Same problem with Neogamma.

Maybe I should use base IOS 56?
Thanks!!
I recomend IOS56 or IOS57 as base instead. I myself use CFG Loader. But you use the GX loader and I think the new IOS Reload Block suport only works in the latest betas, you can find them (Here)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
IOS Reload block doesn't work for base IOS58, it's a known issue. Using IOS58 is not recommend at all, it's way slower than the others, and already needs special treatment to load games at all.

laputrida

Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you, IceIcebird and WiiPower
smile.gif

I'll reinstall my d2x v6 to night with 56 or 57, and try both games with NeoGamma.
I used to have Ubuntu installed in my laptop, but I got back to Windows because of many apps and CAUSE I WASN'T ABLE TO COMPILE ANYTHING, EVER!!

So, time to wait for a new compilation of USB loader GX... Maybe I give CFG USB loader a try.

THANKS!!
biggrin.gif
yaywii.gif

laputrida

Trophies
XP
Country
I could not wait until tonight
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

IT RUNS!!

cIOS d2x v6 with IOS 56 as base (installed as IOS 249) runs perfectly with Sam & Max and The House of the Dead 2 & 3. Even it charges faster!!!

Using NeoGamma R9 b49-fix
USB loader GX official featured compilation of May 28th (2.1 r1080) doesn't support blocking IOS reload...
dry.gif

The betas DO it, maybe I try something with them in a few days.

YOU ARE MY HEROES, WiiPower and IceIcebird

Skater4599

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far all my games work great with D2x but i'm curious if there is anyway to fix the exiting from WiiWare hanging on black screen, AFAIK the only way to get around this is to remove some files on the nand which makes it crash > reboot back to system menu. Also any VC game i tried (I only have N64 VC games) They all hang on black screen reguardless unless I reset not go back to wii menu

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Here's the new d2x-beta.bat template for ModMii v4.6.0+
http://www.mediafire.com/?xff5dk7mw13xhp7

Warning, using older d2x-beta folders with ModMii v4.6.0+ will lead the files being labelled as invalid. This is because when the beta's were released ModMii did not automatically add the korean key patch as well as sign the cIOS, thus the hash's in older d2x-beta.bat files will need to be updated. Also, to avoid naming errors other parts of the d2x-beta.bat file would need to be updated as well. If you want to use ModMii v4.6.0+ to construct a d2x cIOS older than v6 final, you will need to update the d2x-beta.bat file using the above template, if you cannot figure this out, feel free to ask davebaol or myself to do it for you... but I doubt it matters since no one should want to use an older version of the d2x cIOSs when v6 has been so successful.

xZATANx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hielkenator said:
WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:
@ Davebaol:
Just some info on Wiiplay motion.
Pal users will have to set their language for the game to english ( region error ).

But when returning from the Wiimotionplus instruction movie the same region error pops up, forcing you to reboot.

It's just a minor problem, but I thought you might want to investigate.

There's nothing to investigate. The game only likes it when the language is english, but the english patch of the loaders only holds until the IOS Reload. An IOS Reloading game that would require this, would screw you. Well you can set your language in the settings to english, but for japanes games with the same, you would have a serious problem.

So that fix is a No NO?
I'll get the PAL version then....

I installed this new version, thinking I was going to run the Wii PlayMotion ntsc, but I still restarting the console. Now it does not work the COD BlackOps.

I have a WiiBlack 4.3U updated with the latest and load the copies with WiiFlow.

Please, what is the recommended setup to install the D2x to work last games???

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
Hielkenator said:
WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:
@ Davebaol:
Pal users will have to set their language for the game to english ( region error ).

But when returning from the Wiimotionplus instruction movie the same region error pops up, forcing you to reboot.

There's nothing to investigate. The game only likes it when the language is english, but the english patch of the loaders only holds until the IOS Reload. An IOS Reloading game that would require this, would screw you. Well you can set your language in the settings to english, but for japanes games with the same, you would have a serious problem.

So that fix is a No NO?
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jun 19 2011, 01:31 PM)
The game (NTSC) works without any problem for me on PAL wii without changing language, latest cfg + d2x v6 (base57).

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IceIceBird said:
Hielkenator said:
WiiPower said:
Hielkenator said:
@ Davebaol:

So that fix is a No NO?
QUOTE(WiiPower @ Jun 19 2011, 01:31 PM)
The game (NTSC) works without any problem for me on PAL wii without changing language, latest cfg + d2x v6 (base57).

I know it works fine and it does, but that's not the point.
It's the region check that kicks the second time in after viewing de Wiimotion instructial movie.
Pal user with a NTSC WiiPlay Motion will get a region check error, and will have to restart their Wii.
Nevertheless NOT a huge problem but, it would be nice if it can be fixed in the future.

NutNut

Trophies
Website
www.Wii-Addict.fr
XP
Country
France
d2x cIOS Installer v2.1

14389079.png

This is the official d2x cIOS Installer created by Dragbe and was made with the full support of the d2x team.
This homebrew runs on the Wii and is an alternative to the ModMii method to install the d2x cIOSs.
It's especially helpful for people without Windows and are therefore unable to run ModMii.
It can also install beta versions of d2x cIOS soon after there release by simply adding modules & ciosmaps.xml next to the boot.dol !

Features :
  • Allows to install the cIOS d2x v3 (rev21003), v4 (rev21004), v5 (rev21005), v6 (rev21006).
  • Allows to install additional beta versions or "hybrids" cIOS, without updating the Installer, by putting some files (modules .app + ciosmaps.xml) next to boot.dol.
  • Supported IOS bases: IOS37v5662, IOS38v4123, IOS53v5662, IOS55v5662, IOS56v5661, IOS57v5918, IOS58v6175.
  • Ability to choose the installation slot (200 to 255).
  • Ability to perform online and offline (.wad files support) installations.
  • Support for SD/USB devices.
  • Support for Classic Controller, Wiimotes and GameCube controllers.
  • Support for --ios=XXX argument in meta.xml to set which IOS to use during installation process.
Changelog :
  • Installer v2.1:
    - New icon (thx WiiD)
    - Added support of .wad files on SD/USB root for offline installation.
    - The Google Code project is now open.
  • Installer v2.0:
    - A new super cool GUI.
    happy.gif

- Code completely rewritten.
    - Some minors bugfixes in new code.
    - Added support for USB devices.
    - Correction of the warning text when a slot is already use by a cIOS.
    - Now update the used slot list after a successful installation of cIOS without restarting the Installer.
    - Come back to "Working IOS menu" in case of non-critical error.
    - Support for --ios=XXX argument in meta.xml to set which IOS to use during installation process.
    - Now allows you to add cIOS in the Installer without update it. You just have to put some files (modules .app + ciosmaps.xml) next to boot.dol of d2x cIOS Installer to support them. Like that, you can easily build d2x beta versions or "hybrids" cIOS with specifics modules you want (DIPP, EHCI, ES, FAT, FFSP, MLOAD, SDHC, USB).
  • Installer v1.3:
    - Replacement of cIOS d2x v6 beta1 by cIOS d2x v6 final.
    - Added support of Korean Common Key on cIOS d2x v6 for all bases (except IOS38) (Thx Damysteryman).
    - Extended support of Korean Common Key to previous version of d2x cIOS (v3 v4 & v5).
  • Installer v1.2:
    - Added d2x cIOS v5 final and v6 beta1.
    - Implementation of the new cIOS identification method (on the v4, v5 and v6beta1)
  • Installer v1.1:
    - Replacement of cIOS v4 beta4 by cIOS v4 final.
    - Small corrections
  • Installer v1.0:
    - Initial release
To Do List & Known Issues :
  • To Do List:
    - Improve speed performance of d2x cIOS installer.
    - Add new argument in the meta.xml file to delete cache folder at the d2x cIOS installer exit.
    - Write a d2x cIOS installer documentation.
  • Known Issues:
    - It's impossible to downgrade revision of IOS/cIOS already installed if you use a cIOS without ES_Version patch (i.e: like cIOS Hermes) for the installation process.
    - If you haven't set the --ios=XXX argument in meta.xml and you are using USB device, as soon as you will do a IOS Reload on the "Working IOS menu", the cIOS Installer will ignore the USB device !
How to add a new cIOS in the Installer :
Since d2x cIOS Installer v2.0, it is possible to add cIOS without having to compile sources !
This new functionality can be very useful for installing beta versions of cIOS or even create "hybrid" cIOS such as the cIOS d2x vX but with the EHCI and ES module vY
happy.gif

To do this, you do not really need any programming skills apart from reading a .xml file and rename things.
tongue.gif

So, to add a cIOS to the list, in addition to those already present, you have to grab the modules (file format .app) of the cIOS you want to build (look at ModMii's sources), place them in the right place on the SD/USB device and edit CIOSMAPS.xml file.

In binaries, you will see a file named sampleCIOSMAPS.xml which is actually the "map" of the cIOS v6 d2x (a kind of installation guide for d2x cIOS Installer).
Once opened with an XML editor, it's scary but there are only a few lines we are interested in:
-
Here the tag name indicates the name that appears on the d2x cIOS Installer and version the final revision of cIOS (max = 65535). You can edit these two tags as you wish.
- Then enter the spoiler of the IOS Base you want to install, for example IOS Base 37, I open the spoiler
- Inside, the only lines that interest us are those that contain the tags module example:
. If I want to change the EHCI module, I can simply change its name.
If you put multiples new cIOS, dont forget to change the line
on the top !
- Once the changes are done, save and rename the file sampleCIOSMAPS.xml in CIOSMAPS.xml

- So now, let us see what to do with modules (.app files). The directory tree to use for storing modules mainly depends on the attribute name of the tag ciosgroup involved in the CIOSMAPS.xml. As an example, for a cIOS whith :
CODE

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If the .wad, the .app and the IOS arg stuff works as expected, it's about all i ever wanted. I need to test this when i have some time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: "pine unf apple" doesn't count! Lol