Hacking cIOSX rev21d2x: Yet Another Hot Fix!!!!

Did d2x work for you?

• Yes, I had an issue with the official cios and d2x fixed it

Votes: 93 48.2%
  • Yes, but everything was already working for me with the official cios

Votes: 82 42.5%
  • No, and I posted what goes wrong

Votes: 9 4.7%
  • No, and I won't report what goes wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 9 4.7%

• Total voters

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
FIX94 said:
Fox888 said:
i use CFG v69 a5 and my file system is Fat32 and the error i got is then i click on new game it takes me back to system menu (like they always did)
and you enabled block ios reload?

Oops forgot that sorry
blush.gif

Will try again Thanks

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Can someone give me tips on how to convert my disc ex games back to iso or wbfs?
@Hielkenator http://gbatemp.net/t280043-joyflow-a-mod-o...p;#entry3629486 XFlax stated
QUOTE said:
Wiimm's wit.exe can do that, I'm not sure of the exact command, but I'm sure it's bound to be fairly straight forward
But you could always try WiiJmanager(java based) I believe this had the option but for some reason I cant get it to run on my pc so I cannot say for sure.

I'm sorry if I would have read further down on that page I could have found this info for you.

QUOTE(icw35 @ May 4 2011, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE(XFlak @ May 4 2011, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE(WiiBricker @ May 4 2011, 06:44 PM)
Just curious, is it possible to convert a DiscEx formated game to a wbfs file?Wiimm's wit.exe can do that, I'm not sure of the exact command, but I'm sure it's bound to be fairly straight forward

I converted from discex to iso using:

copy x:\folder_name y:\game_name.iso

I imagine if you put .wbfs instead of .iso it will work.

the "folder name" is obviously the folder where the discex game is (and all it's subfolders).

command line:

wit cp folder_name game_name.wbfs

Fox888

Trophies
XP
Country
WOW they works, the CSI series games......never thought that this would be possible.....
yaywii.gif

and sorry once again, forgot all about enable block ios reload...
blush.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Very epic, long time coming but I had faith. WiiPower has said for a long time ios reload could be beaten so with this now the case and all fs getting support this cIOS is almost the best way of running games for everyone. Although it is still missing a few things required by a few people. (nand emu)

Triiforce and MightyChannles don't work online with games and some "problem games", (u)sneek on the other hand doesn't work for a lot of hdd's or some instruments/hubs.

Also the external module approach with Hermes used for some people to use the other usb port maybe a huge thing to some people, not many of them but still worth noting.

Suuuuperb though
biggrin.gif

digdug3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can confirm the following games working with d2xbeta6 using 1Tb FAT32 drive:

Grand Slam Tennis (Wii Motion Plus video)
Flingsmash (Newer Wii Motion Plus video)
Wii Sports Resort (Wii Motion Plus video)
NBA Live 08
Boogie
SSX Blur (also after loading Boogie! Which uses the same dol name)
Sam and Max 1
Sam and Max 2
Metriod Prime Tri.
Red Steel
Red Steel 2 (Wii Motion Plus Video)

Epic work!
As a side effect I also noticed "Return to Title" now accually return you to the title screen, just like EtheBoss said. Maybe IOS-Blocking should be enabled by default?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
IceIceBird said:
He could how ever enable the ios reloadblock if the IOS info in the tmd first ios component is found, becaouse it's only the d2x cIOS that uses it (I think, maybe xflak with his modmii does it for every cIOS now, I don't know. I haven't retroactively applied it to older cIOSs, only the d2x cIOSs. I could apply it to all cIOSs, but I don't see much point since all the loaders would still need to be able to detect older installations that aren't signed. If oggzee or someone in a similar position asks me to, then I'll look into it
biggrin.gif
But back to the point, loaders will be able to detect if its a d2x cIOS by the information in the signature itself, so it doesn't need to be as vague as "if signature exists do this", instead it could be more specific like "if signature is a d2x signature then do this".
Hielkenator said:
I want to test.
Can someone give me tips on how to convert my disc ex games back to iso or wbfs?Use wit.exe and the following command
wit cp folder_name game_name.wbfsQUOTE(Slimmmmmm @ Jun 3 2011, 02:31 PM)
Also the external module approach with Hermes used for some people to use the other usb port maybe a huge thing to some people, not many of them but still worth noting.
cfg usb loader had something similar, but it hasn't been updated in a while and it only supports wbfs partitions. Once things settle down I'd love to see that updated (hint hint oggzee
biggrin.gif
)... not that I personally need to use it, but I'm sure there are others who would be very grateful. Besides, you never know when a fried usb port is going to ruin your day, and if that day ever comes for me it would be awesome to already have all the tools I need to work around the problem.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Zonta85 said:
What about a cIOS installer for v5 and v6 beta?
dragbe maintain the cIOS Installer, so no one but him will know when it will be updated. He was pretty quick to support v4 final, so I'm guessing he'll be quick this time around also.

Alternatively, once the future cIOS installer is completed (I don't even know if its even been started yet) ppl will be able to install the latest cIOSs without even having to update Installer, more info here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=294549

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok heres an Issue Im having now, I install wads by using wad manager 1.7 and 250 CIOS(rev21) I decided to upgrade them on my wii its running 4.2u and was updated using modmii, all works fine and dandy in the USB loaders terms and all but now my wad manager 1.7 trows a error -2 or a error -1 when trying to mount the USB fat HD tried hermes 222 223 224 and 249 and 250 rev 21d2x-4 5 and 6 all either give error -1 or error -2, MMM works off the SD card and can install wads hosted on the sd card (MMM wont swap to the USB nor I see an option to do so) are the wanin 1.7 wad installers outdated and I need something new? cause MC and CFGUSB,WII flow all work fine just need a wad loader that works from the USB and that installs wads from the USB cause I dont like using SD cards unless im booting bootmi

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kylster said:
QUOTE said:
Can someone give me tips on how to convert my disc ex games back to iso or wbfs?
@Hielkenator http://gbatemp.net/t280043-joyflow-a-mod-o...p;#entry3629486 XFlax stated
QUOTE said:
Wiimm's wit.exe can do that, I'm not sure of the exact command, but I'm sure it's bound to be fairly straight forward
But you could always try WiiJmanager(java based) I believe this had the option but for some reason I cant get it to run on my pc so I cannot say for sure.

I'm sorry if I would have read further down on that page I could have found this info for you.

QUOTE(icw35 @ May 4 2011, 09:28 PM)
QUOTE(XFlak @ May 4 2011, 07:17 PM)
QUOTE(WiiBricker @ May 4 2011, 06:44 PM)
Just curious, is it possible to convert a DiscEx formated game to a wbfs file?Wiimm's wit.exe can do that, I'm not sure of the exact command, but I'm sure it's bound to be fairly straight forward

I converted from discex to iso using:

copy x:\folder_name y:\game_name.iso

I imagine if you put .wbfs instead of .iso it will work.

the "folder name" is obviously the folder where the discex game is (and all it's subfolders).

command line:

wit cp folder_name game_name.wbfs

Thank you! I remember again! Sweet!

madri1

Trophies
Website
www.wii-info.fr
XP
Country
France
XFlak said:
IceIceBird said:
He could how ever enable the ios reloadblock if the IOS info in the tmd first ios component is found, becaouse it's only the d2x cIOS that uses it (I think, maybe xflak with his modmii does it for every cIOS now, I don't know.
I haven't retroactively applied it to older cIOSs, only the d2x cIOSs. I could apply it to all cIOSs, but I don't see much point since all the loaders would still need to be able to detect older installations that aren't signed. If oggzee or someone in a similar position asks me to, then I'll look into it
biggrin.gif
But back to the point, loaders will be able to detect if its a d2x cIOS by the information in the signature itself, so it doesn't need to be as vague as "if signature exists do this", instead it could be more specific like "if signature is a d2x signature then do this".

starting from next version, pimp my wii will use this identification system for every cios installed.
cios waninkoko v20 & 21,
hermes v 5.1
d2x v5

so it worth using it even for old cios

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
u can use yawmm, WiiMod or MMM (if using MMM, u need to build a mmmconfig file in order to access a device other than your SD card, u can have ModMii build the config file for u, "C" from ModMii's main menu). Note that using IOS236 (patched IOS36) might work with your current wad manager, but u want to be using yawmm or mmm anyways, they offer better protection than Wad Manager 1.7

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
madri1 said:
starting from next version, pimp my wii will use this identification system for every cios installed.
cios waninkoko v20 & 21,
hermes v 5.1
d2x v5

so it worth using it even for old cios
Supporting pimp my wii is never a good reason to do anything.
Like I said, if oggzee or someone in a similar position (ie. WiiPower, a WiiFlow dev, etc.) wants it done, I'll make it happen.

And if pimpmywii will be unable to detect, for example, a hermes v5 cIOS installed using the official installer (ie. no new signature) than that is a fail even for pimpmywii. So like I said, I don't see much point in adding the signature retroactively to older cIOSs since it's important to be able to detect the older versions that aren't signed.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
u can use yawmm, WiiMod or MMM (if using MMM, u need to build a mmmconfig file in order to access a device other than your SD card, u can have ModMii build the config file for u, "C" from ModMii's main menu). Note that using IOS236 (patched IOS36) might work with your current wad manager, but u want to be using yawmm or mmm anyways, they offer better protection than Wad Manager 1.7
ill mod my MMM and see if he goes tru just find it odd that I used to be able to use 222v5 hermes on 1.4 wad manager and 249 rev 21 on 1.7 to load from the HD wads I decided to update to get that annoying MK error out of the way and a few other games with the reload thing but now neither 1.4 nor 1.7 work at detecting the HD they give error -2 I was guessing it was an incompatibility due to these wad loaders being old Ill see if MMM works since it was the first time using modmi i did a full 4.2 wii hack package as if the wii was virgin but I skipped bannerbomb(since i have HBC already) but I updated all the Ios and Cios files just to be up to date MC is running off the HD so the HD doesn't seem to be the issue, my VC and WW games running fine on MC too. It was just the lil wad loader thats bugging me.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
davebaol said:
Important notes:
  • At the moment only CFG USB Loader v69a5 can make you enjoy IOS reload block from a non WBFS partition.
  • Support for sector size greater than 512B has not been tested on such a HDD.
    Please, if you own a 3TB HDD let us know if it works properly.

I tested CFG Loader v69a5 on a 3tb drive (FAT32 formatted) and it failed.

I was using cIOS249[56]-v21d2x6-beta.

Although it shows up in the partition list as type FAT1, when you try to select it the error "ERROR: USB Init (0)" is returned.

davebaol

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@ madri1 & Xflak
Well, I never used pimpmywii but I know that many people use it in certain countries and it's recommended by some tutorials on the net.
And I believe all recent tools that have the ability to install or build a cios should adopt the same convention since one of the main purposes of this new method is to create a standard.
So guys, try to reach an agreement.
wink.gif

@dexter222
Ok, thanks for testing.
We'll investigate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P