Chrono Trigger: Flames of Eternity RC-7C Released

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't like to judge really early, but the dialog in that second screenshot definitely leaves something to be desired...

I'll admit I only played a few hours into an early version, but a) that's about par for the course and b) I still couldn't figure out why the plot really required Crono to talk anyways.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No need to put the game down if you don't like it, then don't play it. :)

There's a difference between critiquing a game and putting a game down. Constructive criticism should be accepted and understood, not dismissed as someone who should just not play it for complaining.

That being said, I don't understand the need (or even desire) for crono to talk. His being mute seems to be one of his character traits, as there are quite a few references to it in the original game. To give crono lines is similar to making frog speak in a different style(making frog sound like he's from Alabama, for example). Crono's change isn't quite as jarring as a southern frog would be, but still. It comes across as weird.

Though if they're trying to create a completely different experience, rather than "chrono trigger: take 2", then it's a bit more understandable. Still weird and jarring though.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a difference between critiquing a game and putting a game down. Constructive criticism should be accepted and understood, not dismissed as someone who should just not play it for complaining.

That being said, I don't understand the need (or even desire) for crono to talk. His being mute seems to be one of his character traits, as there are quite a few references to it in the original game. To give crono lines is similar to making frog speak in a different style(making frog sound like he's from Alabama, for example). Crono's change isn't quite as jarring as a southern frog would be, but still. It comes across as weird.

Though if they're trying to create a completely different experience, rather than "chrono trigger: take 2", then it's a bit more understandable. Still weird and jarring though.

Oddly enough, there is an ending in Chrono Trigger where he speaks when Lucca and Marle are commenting on the characters during the credit roll.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I still highly recommend this hack. It has its own storyline which gives a better comprehension (well, it is a fan fiction...) of events occuring between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross (Radical Dreamers as well).
If an official sequel was planned years back, It would definitely be this game.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still highly recommend this hack. It has its own storyline which gives a better comprehension (well, it is a fan fiction...) of events occuring between Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross (Radical Dreamers as well).
If an official sequel was planned years back, It would definitely be this game.

My only beef with the mod is the changed instruments in the game, luckily there is a utility to restore the instruments to their originals, but it is a pain. That and the enemy stat imbalance.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
My only beef with the mod is the changed instruments in the game, luckily there is a utility to restore the instruments to their originals, but it is a pain. That and the enemy stat imbalance.

I agree with the intruments... It sounds odd, but I get with that after some time. As for enemy stat... Well, this is little details yet to be fixed. But that isn't much a problem for me.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Like, it's hard to level up, the rate at which you do is horribly slow.

I like to play hardcore, so this isn't a real problem for me :lol: That's the main reason why I did a lot of battles in the darkness beyond time, creatures gave a huge amount of exp every time :P
I was a pain to get there, but having a huge stock of super ether and and Glenn really helped me a lot haha :D

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Requiring grinding in a game in order to progress probably shouldn't be seen as a positive.

Oddly enough, there is an ending in Chrono Trigger where he speaks when Lucca and Marle are commenting on the characters during the credit roll.

oh yeah, I remember that. Always thought that was weird. For the same reasons probably. It's one of those super weird endings, isn't it?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/fRENPoVaZHk?si=0xgCyaSVzuc5GD5F