Christmas Nintendo Gigaleak reportedly contains Mariko BootRom source code and Let's Go beta

d.png

Merry Christmas, GBAtemp! Today may be a very Merry Christmas for those that like to dig into leaked data, as the latest files from the ongoing Gigaleak--part 8, to be exact--have made their way online, supposedly. According to those who have already gotten their hands on the illegally-obtained files, within the .zips lurks a beta build for Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee as well as a major bit of data: the source code for the Mariko BootRom, with classified files straight from NVIDIA. As always, sharing these files is against GBAtemp's ToS, but feel free to discuss them!

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i the only ones who doesn't really GAF about a mariko exploit(already have a TX SX lite chip )
but who would really like to see a cold boot for erista models even more so i don't have to use that stupid jig and dongle anymore

gamer765

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes baby.
FUCKING YES!
Nintendo got fucked big time, that for me is an instant huge fucking Xmas!

Here's for a proper bootrom exploit and coldboot CFW :yayswitch:
No respectable dev would use the info from the leak to create a new exploit. By doing so they are putting themselves at the end of Nintendo's loaded gun. To avoid scrutiny, they would rather reverse engineer the bootrom dump off of their own units. Highly doubt this will be of much use to anyone. Knowing how people love to have their ego stroked, no one will use this to create something and release it anonymously and disappear. There's always gonna be some showboating and that's when Nintendo will catch them, for illegally using their source code. That's also why homebrew devs don't use leaked SDK APIs in their homebrew software, everything is made from scratch.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am i the only ones who doesn't really GAF about a mariko exploit(already have a TX SX lite chip )
but who would really like to see a cold boot for erista models even more so i don't have to use that stupid jig and dongle anymore
You don't have autorcm on? Haven't used the jig in literal years.

Having to send a payload is kinda annoying, but not too bad. Just plug into the pc for a moment.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Having to send a payload is kinda annoying, but not too bad. Just plug into the pc for a moment.
no i donlt but yeah after using the switch lite with the chip i sm getting spoiled

and i am not going to chip the erista

Reactions: x65943

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Was the fear of that turning your hacked Switch into a brick overblown or something? 'Cause I didn't use it specifically for that reason!

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was the fear of that turning your hacked Switch into a brick overblown or something? 'Cause I didn't use it specifically for that reason!
Have never had any issues with it, it can get annoying if you let it run out of battery in rcm mode - but that can be fixed by simply charging it for a few hours

Silent_Gunner

Crazy Cool Cyclops
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have never had any issues with it, it can get annoying if you let it run out of battery in rcm mode - but that can be fixed by simply charging it for a few hours

Ah, I think that might have been what turned me off from it. Knowing how even the batteries made to charge the Switch from the back in portable mode only slow the descent of the meteor that is the Switch's power draw from its internal battery, it doesn't sound like I'll be turning it back on any time soon, what with us still being locked down and the only thing the Switch having over a lot of other systems being that it's easier to bring over to others' houses compared to a lot of other devices.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don’t believe the source code alone will be enough, subject to any exploits, we’d also need the signing key.
Omg, imagine if their signing key got leaked, and we could fakesign our own files to run on OFW, no hacks needed. :toot:

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you can’t patch a bootROM.
Well that's actually precisely what the ipatch function is for, but those can only be written at the factory. If they left ipatch writing enabled after leaving the factory, then theoretically we could write a patch to just ignore all signature checks.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry to burst your bubbles but this leak means nothing. They likely already reverse engineered the Mariko bootrom before this leak which is the reason they say it's unhackable. The source code won't change that at all. It just makes vulnerability search easier which already has been completed as said.

x65943

Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to burst your bubbles but this leak means nothing. They likely already reverse engineered the Mariko bootrom before this leak which is the reason they say it's unhackable. The source code won't change that at all. It just makes vulnerability search easier which already has been completed as said.
But the funny thing is, nintendo reading the story here is probably how they will find out about it

So at least we are educating their ninjas

naddel81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The frustration of keeping my Mariko Switch offline since I got it, appears to finally be ready to pay off. Let's go, guys! hack it wide open :grog:
are you certain you understand what this leak means? nothing for hacking your mariko switch, sorry.
bootrom code does not mean it is hackable anytime soon.

TerraPhantm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh disassembly is hard, it's very possible they overlooked something. The source code would also allow other hackers to take a peak without having to find a vulnerability to dump the Mariko bootrom and spend months to years disassembling the software. Maybe nothing will come of it, but having the actual source code takes away a lot of uncertainty.

OperationNT

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think this leak is probably overhyped : nothing guaranties that there will be a flaw in the way the bootloader has been coded (maybe the source code won't reveal any exploitable bug because it could be "almost perfect" this time).

Last edited by OperationNT,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jUWpmU-X8k