Christmas Nintendo Gigaleak reportedly contains Mariko BootRom source code and Let's Go beta

d.png

Merry Christmas, GBAtemp! Today may be a very Merry Christmas for those that like to dig into leaked data, as the latest files from the ongoing Gigaleak--part 8, to be exact--have made their way online, supposedly. According to those who have already gotten their hands on the illegally-obtained files, within the .zips lurks a beta build for Pokemon: Let's Go Eevee as well as a major bit of data: the source code for the Mariko BootRom, with classified files straight from NVIDIA. As always, sharing these files is against GBAtemp's ToS, but feel free to discuss them!

ZoNtendo

Trophies
XP
Country
eh... the ones who could do something with it won't, so, I'm more interested in like, cut content and unreleased games stuff
Are you sure? Someone random could drop an exploit randomly just like when the original bootrom hack was released (even though it's probably not exploitable)

But I agree on the second part, source code/unreleased/cut content is much more unique than a simple exploit

D

Deleted User

... I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that with 1TB of leaked data there isn't a single video in there of something that would be viral and entertaining to watch, like the Nintendo HQ Office Cat. Or maybe a cute Mouse which has Platinum Blonde fur.

Or at least the Minutes for that Board Meeting where they decided that only one original Game & Watch title was going to cut it for the newest release.

Reactions: HollowGrams

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Out of curiosity, is the filename not being given to reduce liability? I’m asking because in the past it along with the checksum was.

Santa, can you leak the WiiU and/or the Dsi bottoms, so than we can finally unbrick them without an hardmod? Thanks and merry Christmas.

I don’t believe the source code alone will be enough, subject to any exploits, we’d also need the signing key.

Last edited by tech3475,
Reactions: Valery0p

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh and my two cents about new exploits for Mariko:
Remember how basically everyone knew about the RCM bug? FailOverflow, Kate & ReSwitched, the HBL CoolKids I can't remember the name of, Gateway probably and even that rando that leaked it on pastebin in the end.
If this code is the same one that runs on hardware and there is some easy way to exploit it, at least one of these ""groups"" will take advantage of it (my personal bet is on TX or some other piracy cartel which wants to sell their own hardmod-free dongle).
I don’t believe the source code alone will be enough, we’d also need the signing key.
If someone finds a way to boot from there, before it gets locked (like NTRBoot does), you could also dump the keys from memory in theory.
(You would still need a nand dump to unbrick your console but hey. It would be better that what we have now)

Last edited by Valery0p,

Valery0p

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
you mean the signing key? those are not stored anywhere in the hardware
Yeah, you guys are right, I remembered after I posted it :facepalm:
Still, if we had the bootrom people could search for a bypass like on the 3ds or the switch for what matters :/

Last edited by Valery0p,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Any of you waiting for new exploits from this don't get your hopes up. Scires won't touch this with a 50ft pole, no clean room reverse engineer would, cause the moment they did it wouldn't be clean room anymore

Yet some people had no problems selling modchips until they went to jail.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Perhaps, but even with a chip required, at the very least, the source code allows a full custom firmware on it. Like:
  • Being able to tap the full hardware potential on homebrew
  • Easier recovery mode.
  • Completely eliminating the need for any keys whatsoever.
  • Brick proof.
  • Being able to spoof serials to get online.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Using Lets Go games as a base for rom hacks would be insane lol

it's likely they already gave schematics to the manufacturer, and it was already in production. any major revision would have to be cost justified, as the manufacturer is contracted to make the same exact thing as the schematics they're given at the beginning. they can't just come up with a revision after a month.

i know that but strange that these documents are dated in 2016...before the release of the switch

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if I wanted to give my hacked Switch more oomph in the battery department, I'd just use the Gulikit battery I got for the one I already have.

Sure, maybe Switch Lites can be hacked now, but those still aren't small enough to be pocketable.
*looks at my ginormous pockets that can fit a switch lite in them with ease*

Now this is nice!
And you all can hate me for what I am about to say, but Nintendo just deserved all of this!
It's punishment for them for being such big assholes this and the past years, whit all the shut downs and take downs of so many fan projects.
I mean...they have the right and power to do so, but it doesn't mean that they NEED TO do it...
I hope, they get hacked even more. :tpi::ninja:
i dont think anyones going to hate you for saying this
besides that though with how many leaks that have been going on wouldnt it be easy to just put a giant ransomware on all of nintendo's computers and servers so that we can convince them to stop being assholes for once? their security is shit after all

Reactions: Attila13

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu