Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

pmc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes but updating to v6 only works with rajnx - you can switch back to SX afterwards.

if you update to v6 using rajnx without using sxos 2.0 you're updating the sysnand not the emunand though?

how do we update our cfw to 6.0 whilst leaving the ofw at 5.1.0?

Last edited by pmc,

cdcrobbie

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hello! ive tried updating my switch via chiodujourNX. from version 3.0.2 to version 5.1.0 so that i don't burn the fuse.
i'm planning to use hekate as my payloader when my switch goes to autorcm and use hekate to load the CFW ReiNX
in the FAQ it says to add kip1patch=nogc to any launch target
  • Q: I've never run firmware 4.0.0 or higher on my switch, so my gamecard controller firmware is still not updated. How do i make sure my gamecard controller works after i downgrade back to < 4.0.0 ?
  • A: When flashing the firmware image for any 4.0.0 or later firmware, ChoiDujourNX will generate a protective hekate_ipl.ini on your microsd, with a "PreventGCUpdate" launch target. You must ALWAYS boot using this launch target (or add kip1patch=nogc to any launch target you wish to use in the future) and use a Hekate that supports the kip1patch option if you want to prevent use and updating of your GC controller firmware on firmware versions 4.0.0 and up.
where can i add the kip1patch=nogc is it in hekate? or in reinx folder?
what is a launch target?

Thanks!

josala97

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Newbie question, just for sure, if i turn on AutoRCM option while updating, do i need to use my jig on the first reboot? Or will CDJNX auto corrupt boot0 so AutoRCM is on even on first boot after updating? Thanks in advice.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Newbie question, just for sure, if i turn on AutoRCM option while updating, do i need to use my jig on the first reboot? Or will CDJNX auto corrupt boot0 so AutoRCM is on even on first boot after updating? Thanks in advice.
I didnt have to use my jig.

marc2j

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I'm on 5.1.0 using SXOS. Is there any issues with using ChoiDujour to update? Is it better to do it using a different cfw?

Mysuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If for example i'm updating my Switch from a version which already has official exfat support to 6.0 or higher, do i need to select to install exfat again with ChoiDujourNX or do i skip that step?

Just want to be sure i don't mess anything in the future if need to update.

Borsalino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for this. Updated my Switch from 4.1.0 to 6.0.0 without burning fuses.

How do I make sure that I never boot into Horizon OS?

DJravingMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can I just Join the NAND backup Files I made on a FAT32 SD with copy /b in windows? Or will I need a special file joiner?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Thanks for this. Updated my Switch from 4.1.0 to 6.0.0 without burning fuses.

How do I make sure that I never boot into Horizon OS?

As I understand, not the OFW is the bad thing. I already booted to it and still have 5 fuses burnt on 5.1 (5 fuses burnt should be 4.0 and 4.1)
What counts is the bootloader! When you setup Auto RCM you are fine, if you dont use extremely old payloads they will skip the fuse burning part.

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
If for example i'm updating my Switch from a version which already has official exfat support to 6.0 or higher, do i need to select to install exfat again with ChoiDujourNX or do i skip that step?

Just want to be sure i don't mess anything in the future if need to update.

Yes, if you have your MicroSD with exfat, when you update using ChoiDujourNX, always choose exfat option.

RY0M43CH1Z3N

Touching things and improving your world
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Is AutoRCM on after I install the same 4.1.0 version on my switch to enable the exFAT support? If so how do I disable it?

With ReiNX tools you can enable/disable if you are using SX OS, use the dongle, press volume + and power and in the options, you can enable/disable autoRCM. The first question IDK.

Reactions: RealSpyKitty

Picartman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What game should I purchase to extract 6.0 firmware? I'm on 5.1 with burned fuses, and I want to run cfw using ReinX for the first time ever. I have a Wii U that runs cfw so I have some experience but not much with the Switch.

I would like to upgrade to 6.0, install exFAT support, and not burn my fuses. I'm guessing I have to format my sdxc card to FAT32, run Choidujournx, install 6.0/enable AutoRCM, and then what do I do? Do I sleep the Switch, remove the sdxc card, format it to exFAT and install 6.0 ReinX files, then start up the Switch again with the sdxc card inserted?

I ask this because I read somewhere else that I can't mix different AutoRCM's, so like if I'm using AutoRCM with Choidujournx I shouldn't touch anything related to AutoRCM in ReinX. So I'm not sure if booting into ReinX while Choidujournx's AutoRCM is enabled is a good idea.

Edit: Just realized that there's probably no game out there with 6.0 on it. If I'm on 5.1, can I "update" to 5.1 again to install the exFAT files using Choidujournx?

Last edited by Picartman,

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Edit: Just realized that there's probably no game out there with 6.0 on it. If I'm on 5.1, can I "update" to 5.1 again to install the exFAT files using Choidujournx?
Yes, when using ChoiDujourNX, you can choose to install only the « update « Exfat, and not the entire FW

RealSpyKitty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
With ReiNX tools you can enable/disable if you are using SX OS, use the dongle, press volume + and power and in the options, you can enable/disable autoRCM. The first question IDK.
I am not using SX OS I use just ReiNX , and when I toggle AutoRCM In ReiNX Toolkit and then turn off the switch and try to inject a payload it still booting into CFW

man_of_power05

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone bricked their systems doing this? is this totally safe? i'm using sx os 1.9 and ofw 5.2. i want to update to 6.0. also, do i need to remove auto rcm before doing a nand backup and the fw update or can i just leave it enabled?

Last edited by man_of_power05,

ABGX

Trophies
XP
Country
so to fill in some gaps for people, i usehte previous manual guide to go from a system with 4.1 to i think 5.1. autorcm, sxos always updated.

i followed this super simple guide while having sxos 2.0 too and it worked flawlessly to get to 6.0, latest one from * cough cough * in OP.

done in seconds, so easy!

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
After updating to 6.0 using this it seems AutoRCM is stuck on. Tried to disable it with Hekate and ReinX Toolbox with no luck.

Any ideas why?

Sent from my COR-L29 using Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    girls just wanna have fun and renai circulation also share the same tempo as the few i said before
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, megalomania the live a live song?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    wait no, megalovania*
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    my bad
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't forgive you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The nerve of that guy, gosh.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah expecting me to forgive gtfo
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But how could the Dr have known you didn't want to be circumcized?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He didn't you just wanted your dick to be fondled
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Watching dune 2 it's eh
    Dune one sucked
    The original with Patrick Stewart was Great
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A sexual psycopath that love pain where have I heard that before
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In your high school diary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No but your wife let's me read her diary the word psychopath comes up more than sexual
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol stremio hogging all of my tvs on board ram
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Just download more Ram to it, or setup Raid666 on it.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Morning
    +1
  • CooingMaxito @ CooingMaxito:
    Hello fellow stranger
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you mean I've known you since today
    Damn that's bonkers mate, it's almost like we've never met!
    Probably just my imagination
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: