Homebrew RELEASE ChoiDujourNX - a system firmware installer homebrew for the Nintendo Switch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that part confuses me, do i just copy the atmosphere folder and install the nsp? if so i cant figure out what to do next, the app still crashes.
A) ChoiDujourNX is not an .NSP file and therefore you do not install it; you run it the same way you would any other homebrew application
B) If you don't know how to configure Atmosphere to load ChoiDujourNX, just use the latest ReiNX instead to load it as it has the proper permissions enabled by default

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A) ChoiDujourNX is not an .NSP file and therefore you do not install it; you run it the same way you would any other homebrew application
B) If you don't know how to configure Atmosphere to load ChoiDujourNX, just use the latest ReiNX instead to load it as it has the proper permissions enabled by default
there is an nsp file in the link at https://github.com/rajkosto/nx-hbloader/releases, guess ill just launch with reinx.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
launched with reinx and it works perfect, thanks!

Reactions: Draxzelex

afra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
No, don't use that video as reference. Some people got their consoles messed up by following it. ChoiDujourNX is simple to use; its just another homebrew app. Once you're in ChoiDujourNX, you navigate to the firmware files you downloaded and have placed anywhere on the SD card (root is preferred). Once inside the firmware folder and you see a bunch of .NCA files, you select Choose in the bottom right and follow the rest of the prompts.

Ok thank you I will give a shot tomorrow morning ( it's night here in IR) If I had problem I'm sry but will bother you

ctrlp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can we download the needed firmware package to update the Switch to firmware 6.0 via ChoiDujourNX?

So there are two versions of 6.0.0. There is the one that was leaked early, which is technically v6.0.0-4.0 and then the official one released yesterday which is 6.0.0-5.0.

You should be able to upgrade to 6.0.0-5.0 using ChoiDuJourNX, I don't imagine why not?

We posted both firmwares on xbins

https://gbatemp.net/threads/unable-...dujour-after-using-the-leaked-version.518485/

Reactions: Dothackjhe

KOALAaufPILLEN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There is an easier way if you have a second switch !

1 you need on both switches the same game
2 you choose software update from the game
3. You need to enter the "update with a lokal Version"
4. Enter a Room with both Switches
5. It Updates even a SuperBanned Switch

Some may find it easier to updste without a homebrew

sharaku17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, don't use that video as reference. Some people got their consoles messed up by following it. ChoiDujourNX is simple to use; its just another homebrew app. Once you're in ChoiDujourNX, you navigate to the firmware files you downloaded and have placed anywhere on the SD card (root is preferred). Once inside the firmware folder and you see a bunch of .NCA files, you select Choose in the bottom right and follow the rest of the prompts.

just asking cuz i need to do the same thing, how do i start choidujourNX from the homebrew launcher if the system does not recognize the sd card? or can i launch choi through a payload / hekate?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just asking cuz i need to do the same thing, how do i start choidujourNX from the homebrew launcher if the system does not recognize the sd card? or can i launch choi through a payload / hekate?
You have to format the SD card to FAT32 first. Its not being recognized because you're SD card is formatted as exFAT.

Reactions: sharaku17

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This tool works great. Took me some time to realize I had to launch into CFW outside of SX to use it, but I updated to 6.0.0 last night and it worked flawlessly. Thanks rajkosto!

Firion Hope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I made the mistake of selecting just firmware 5.1.0 without exfat since I assumed the exfat option would mean it would install *just* exfat, and now I can't boot into homebrew to change it since of course my sd card is in a format that can't be read. How can I fix this?

edit: I used rufus to force format my sd card to fat32 after backing everything up, installed the exfat version of the fw, and then re formatting my sd card back to exfat and copying everything back over again.. I really think there should be a warning if you try to install the non exfat version of the update

Last edited by Firion Hope,

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So is there a way to update without preventing fuses from burning? i'd like to be able to run ofw and don't really care about downgrading later, problem is i'm already banned so i have no way of updating legitimately.

tom2199

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So is there a way to update without preventing fuses from burning? i'd like to be able to run ofw and don't really care about downgrading later, problem is i'm already banned so i have no way of updating legitimately.
you could update with choidujournx and then remove autorcm with hekate or briccmii. then, if you start your switch normally, the nintendo bootloader checks the fuses, detects a mismatch and burn the right amount of fuses for your firmware

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you could update with choidujournx and then remove autorcm with hekate or briccmii. then, if you start your switch normally, the nintendo bootloader checks the fuses, detects a mismatch and burn the right amount of fuses for your firmware
Yeah i just found out that unbricking only worked with bricmii as sx os fails for some reason (surprise!) so i thought the black screen i was getting was a system panic due to updating or something but it's all working now, thanks though.

DJravingMonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a source where i can get the switch firmwares? I mean 6.0 is not integrated to a game yet and I dont have a switch that I want to go online...

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
So I installed the exfat update for my 4.1 switch. I tried using the reinx 1.2 payload directly with the payload injector and when the system starts, it tells me that I need to update the system for exfat usage.

However if I start the switch on horizon OS it recognizes the exfat. I saw that the only way to access reinx 1.2 is starting CFW with hekate first.

Any clue why it works like this?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM