Homebrew CHMM - Custom HomeMenu Manager

ChaosJoker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i did that and i can install any theme is just, when i exit channel my 3ds freeze, i did try with new update and everything

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
i did that and i can install any theme is just, when i exit channel my 3ds freeze, i did try with new update and everything

Yes! Why not! Indeed, would be better!... I use IronHax and latest CHMM (v1.5, AFAIK), and I don't have any problem yet!

DerEineee

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Suggestion: Previosly, select a default color theme on 3ds menu, and later go to CHMM. Then you can install any theme without problem!

Suggestion: Replace that boot.3dsx file in the root of your console SD for the new version released by Smealum (download it from his official page). This new version is fixed and solve many of these problems.
Thanks man! It works! AWESOME

ZeroAnti

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. i made a misstake. I meant : When i install the CHMM.3dsx and try to start, the downscreen turn red and the topscreen turn black.

If you're using Ironhax, smea updated the homebrew to fix this problem. Check out his twitter to find the new boot.3dsx and ironhax installer.

EDIT: I didn't see that the issue has already been resolved. sorry

Myron49485

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Hi, when I try to applying a theme it says:

Error: [string "?"]:80: cannot access extdata archive
Press A to restart
Press B to exit

Its weird because the theme shows but there is no preview (I have put theme and preview files in the proper directories i think). Sorry if this problem has already been discussed, but the thread is really long':/

If anyone can help, the contents of my 3DS sd card are here. My 3DS is the old XL version running firmware 9.9.0-26U, and I am using Ninjhax 2.0. Thanks for the help!

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi, when I try to applying a theme it says:

Error: [string "?"]:80: cannot access extdata archive
Press A to restart
Press B to exit

Its weird because the theme shows but there is no preview (I have put theme and preview files in the proper directories i think). Sorry if this problem has already been discussed, but the thread is really long':/

If anyone can help, the contents of my 3DS sd card are here. My 3DS is the old XL version running firmware 9.9.0-26U, and I am using Ninjhax 2.0. Thanks for the help!
Aha! Please move the SD:/3ds/CHMM/Themes folder (the folder itself, not its content) into the root of your SD card, select Yes when asked to merge folders!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any ETA on the latest and greatest, super-easily installable CHMM? I don't want to hurry you, if there's no ETA, it's fine, just a little hype on my end! :P

Frighty

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm at a loss here guys, I just downloaded CHMM today, everything's put in the correct order, it says it installs the themes, but nothing happens. I only see the default themes and no change. Help?

Myron49485

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Aha! Please move the SD:/3ds/CHMM/Themes folder (the folder itself, not its content) into the root of your SD card, select Yes when asked to merge folders!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Any ETA on the latest and greatest, super-easily installable CHMM? I don't want to hurry you, if there's no ETA, it's fine, just a little hype on my end! :P

Hi SomeGamer!
Still no luck, It says the same message (cannot access extdata archive).
Just to confirm, the theme files should be put into SD:/Themes/ThemeName right? I thought it was supposed to be separated. Now its looking like this.

Also, extdatatool is saying the same thing about extdata: "Failed to open theme extdata..." Not sure what extdata is.

Last edited by Myron49485,

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Hi SomeGamer!
Still no luck, It says the same message (cannot access extdata archive).
Just to confirm, the theme files should be put into SD:/Themes/ThemeName right? I thought it was supposed to be separated. Now its looking like this.

Also, extdatatool is saying the same thing about extdata: "Failed to open theme extdata..." Not sure what extdata is.
It's perfect! What is your firmware version? Did you use the themes function before?

Myron49485

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
It turns out that I never used themes before and that was the problem! The solution was so simple the whole time:lol: Next time if anyone has this problem, we can tell them to open theme settings.

Last edited by Myron49485,
Reactions: SomeGamer

Baoulettes

The lonely man
Trophies
Website
www.baoulettes.fr
XP
Country
France
This homebrew is almost perfect tbh.
I have two little suggestion :
1. making a prompt when a theme is installed or not (putting the result in the upper screen at corner down left would help)
2. The ability to have Folders I mean :
I have several theme from same games
(Mario, Mario Tanooki, Metal Mario etc)
And beside having them as
"SD:/Themes/Mario/"
"SD:/Themes/Mario Tanooki/"
"SD:/Themes/Mario Metal/"

It would be a pleasure to have them like that :
"SD:/Themes/Mario Bros Series/Mario/"
"SD:/Themes/Mario Bros Series/Mario Tanooki/"
"SD:/Themes/Mario Bros Series/Mario Metal/"

It would an awesome feature like that.
How to get if that a theme or folder?
Make a simple check like "Body_LZ.bin" is present , try to install, else navigate into.
Else that perfect :3

josemetallica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, i need help i used the app and i install a theme but when i change the theme now it freeze on main menu of the 3ds when i boot on emunand what can i do?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I did the restore but the problem still there. There is a way to delete it manualy from SD card?
You'd need to start the 3DS without SD, then apply a different theme, but emuNAND is on SD, so you can't just remove it.
However, there's another way, you need to delete some folders on your SD which I don't know, because I never needed it, but you can ask around which folders are those.

josemetallica

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You'd need to start the 3DS without SD, then apply a different theme, but emuNAND is on SD, so you can't just remove it.
However, there's another way, you need to delete some folders on your SD which I don't know, because I never needed it, but you can ask around which folders are those.
Ok thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge