Hacking Cheat pop-up menu not popping up

jyuxxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I have an EDGE ds card with 1.45 and the latest cheat database (the file is named cheats.dat).
I enabled the cheat from the settings menu and when I select a Rom I should expect a pop-up menu that says "do you want to enable cheat for this game" or something of that sort....

I followed the steps to edit cheat using Yasu's software and have the latest ver. of the softwares and I understand all of that. But I still have no pop-up menu.

What am I doing wrong?

I tried deleting the config file and starting a new one after cheat enabled. I tried separating the ROMS in one folder and misc stuff in another...just like in the video on the REVIEW site. But still nothing. Please help.

thanks for your time,
jyu

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm. That's weird.

There might be a chance that those games don't have cheat codes for it?

But I doubt that.

But answer me this...when editing the codes using Yasu's editor, after you finish editing, do you hit, "Save", or "Save as..."?

I had the same problem slightly like you. Found out that editing the .dat file, and then hitting, "Save" only, made it not work from the EDGE.

Then for the heck of it, I did, "Save as..." and just selected the orignal .dat and overwrote it. Then it worked.

Get back to me.

jyuxxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
Hm. That's weird.

There might be a chance that those games don't have cheat codes for it?

But I doubt that.

But answer me this...when editing the codes using Yasu's editor, after you finish editing, do you hit, "Save", or "Save as..."?

I had the same problem slightly like you. Found out that editing the .dat file, and then hitting, "Save" only, made it not work from the EDGE.

Then for the heck of it, I did, "Save as..." and just selected the orignal .dat and overwrote it. Then it worked.

Get back to me.

Hi,

When I edit code using Yasu's editor, i hit save. And actually I tried to hit 'save as' to replace the original cheats.dat, it still did not work unfortunately. I was paranoid and selected every single ROM, to see if the box will pop up but still no luck.

May I ask, how is your microSD organized?
EDGE/
.../cheats.dat
.../config.xml
NDS/
.../ALL MY ROMS/SAV
moonshl/

...and the EDGE.dat which is on the microSD and not in any folders. I doubt the pathway is the problem, but i don't want to eliminate that chance.

Thanks for your reply.

PS any info you need to know to further diagnose the problem.
thx

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
some EDGE cards may have a minor problem,my friend's EDGE has this problem too,all I did is use r4cce,open up the cheat.dat,then save it as "EDGEcheat.dat"and it worked,try that out

jyuxxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lolzed said:
some EDGE cards may have a minor problem,my friend's EDGE has this problem too,all I did is use r4cce,open up the cheat.dat,then save it as "EDGEcheat.dat"and it worked,try that out

thanks,

i tried that and it did not work unfortunately. i also saw other alternate naming of the "cheats.dat" which also did not work.
like EDGEcheats.dat, USRcheats.dat....etc.

still no luck!!!

thx lolzed.

does it matter where the r4cee and the .xml file is. (i doubt it tho.)

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jyuxxx said:
May I ask, how is your microSD organized?
EDGE/
.../cheats.dat
.../config.xml
NDS/
.../ALL MY ROMS/SAV
moonshl/

...and the EDGE.dat which is on the microSD and not in any folders. I doubt the pathway is the problem, but i don't want to eliminate that chance.

Thanks for your reply.

PS any info you need to know to further diagnose the problem.
thx

Well I have different Homebrew apps that creates folders to store things so here's my lineup:
/
DSOrganize -> All the files needed for it
EDGE -> skins; cheats.dat; config.xml
Moonshell -> All the files needed for it.
nesDS -> etc.
PICS -> For the app UApaint
svsip -> Phone calling app
~~~~
Then I have all my backups in the root of the card along with all the folders.

So I just noticed. This might work, might not, but put all your roms in the main ROOT of the card. Don't put them in a folder named "NDS" like you said you did.

Like I said, might not work. As I have a separate folder named, "Original Backups", for all my original legit backups of games I officially own and just put them on one card. And all the cheats work fine with those in the seperate folder.

If all else fails. I would either:

A. Contact the EDGE team.
B. Return it/Refund
or C. Buy another EDGE card.

W.I.C.K.E.D.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was having this same problem when trying to get gta to operate with the AR code. I updated with 1.45 and couldn't figure out what was wrong even after re-installing the firmware several times. Someone actually emailed me their cheat.dat file and it works on mine fine now, the box pops up asking if i want codes enabled for that game. So if you are interested, get a hold of me on here and I will email you the file. I even scanned it before using it and no problems were detected. Worked for me. If not interested, i wish u luck with your problem.
yaynds.gif

jyuxxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drwrir said:
i was having this same problem when trying to get gta to operate with the AR code. I updated with 1.45 and couldn't figure out what was wrong even after re-installing the firmware several times. Someone actually emailed me their cheat.dat file and it works on mine fine now, the box pops up asking if i want codes enabled for that game. So if you are interested, get a hold of me on here and I will email you the file. I even scanned it before using it and no problems were detected. Worked for me. If not interested, i wish u luck with your problem.
yaynds.gif

thank you all for the help,
i found the solution to my problem.
Thanks for the quick and detailed responses.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, how did you get it working?

Or can anyone upload an EDGE cheat file that's confirmed working and contains the FFCCEOT piracy bypass code?
I've been trying for hours to get it to work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...