Hacking Cheapest flash cart that works with a up to date 3DS?

WrestlinFan

Currently jobbing to Kevin Nash
OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And from an American seller? I'm sorry if this comes across as a bit lazy, but I've never bought these types of things before and I don't even know where to begin.

pastaconsumer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends... What are you looking for; 3DS Flash Cart or NDS Flash Cart?
NDS: R4i
3DS: Gateway (Depends on which official reseller you look at)

WrestlinFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A DS flashcart that will play on a 3DS is what I'm asking.

So a regular R4i will work? Do I need to get a R4i-Gold?

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
If all you want is playing nds games or homebrew,r4i gold from r4ds.cn is a good choice , supported by wood team, with a top game compatibility and price is hard to beat . Now N3ds firmware has been updated to v9 2.0,r4i gold 3ds can directly work on it as well.

r4ids.cn is the site he meant.

WrestlinFan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, they have 3DS flashcarts (that is, carts that play pirated 3DS games) that work on the latest 3DS firmware?

zerono0o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
r4ids.cn is the site he meant.

it's cheap but the build quality is shitty which you will face issue like the card not recognizing the microsd that you have to reinsert it many times to get it working. slight nudges on the system and your game freeze. poorly constructed microsd slot or contacts, don't really know which one is the real cause. if you were to switch to a different game and ejected the card, maybe just a little contact with the microsd card, the next time you put it back to the game slot you have to remove it again and blow air onto the contacts or into the microsd slot, keep on reinserting until you find the right 'position' to get it properly recognized by your ds. better spend more on a more reliable one for longer-term usage. definitely not recommended to get the r4ids.cn card.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you want higher end NDS homebrew, NDS ROM loading, and willing to deal with a significantly worse battery life: DSTwo Supercard

If you just want standard NDS homebrew and NDS ROM loading: R4i RTS 3DS from r4ids.cn

The DSTwo Supercard has internal hardware for improved performance for homebrew coded for it, but at the cost of battery life and is more expensive. As long as it has support behind it, it will probably never be permanently blocked.
The R4i RTS 3DS is just your standard flashcart. It's not as costly and doesn't hurt battery life to any significant degree. It could also be blocked permanently on possible future firmware, though Nintendo seemed to stop caring about DS mode flashcarts.

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
it's cheap but the build quality is shitty which you will face issue like the card not recognizing the microsd that you have to reinsert it many times to get it working. slight nudges on the system and your game freeze. poorly constructed microsd slot or contacts, don't really know which one is the real cause. if you were to switch to a different game and ejected the card, maybe just a little contact with the microsd card, the next time you put it back to the game slot you have to remove it again and blow air onto the contacts or into the microsd slot, keep on reinserting until you find the right 'position' to get it properly recognized by your ds. better spend more on a more reliable one for longer-term usage. definitely not recommended to get the r4ids.cn card.

Wow, I've never had that happen to my R4i Gold ever in the two years I've been using it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-