image1.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 14

_EstimatedProphet_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a cheap chinese gamepad charger that has some quirks, and I have seen others report the same. The charger works fine with the gamepad off. It charges up, and stops charging when it is fully charged. If the screen is on, it charges fine, until the battery is close to full. Once the battery is almost full, the screen and charging indicator light start to flicker, and the charger junction box heats up quickly. Is there something inside the official Nintendo charger brick that prevents this? Can someone post a picture of their official chargers guts? Thanks!

gaga24

Trophies
XP
Country
Stay away or your house will burn :). Better to use usb charging cable and your usb charger from mobile phone. 5V, 2A minimum.

_EstimatedProphet_

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stay away or your house will burn :). Better to use usb charging cable and your usb charger from mobile phone. 5V, 2A minimum.
I have tried the cheap USB cables as well, and they do the flickering thing as well once the battery is close to 100%, but I haven't let that one sit there and heat up, so I am not sure if it poses the same heat issue or not. It is odd to me that they will function safely and reliably when the gamepad is off, but not when it is on. I can leave the chinese charger plugged in for extended periods without any heat building, but only if the gamepad is off. I understand I can just unplug it when it is full, but I really am curious what the official brick has that these don't that prevents this potentially dangerous flaw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Did ya know, you can turn a Hot Wheels PC into a gaming rig... +1