Homebrew Changing system font?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well if no one has seen yet, homemenu.co has a font change cia :P You can more than likely use that to put a different font in the cia.
The only thing in the CIA is a .ttf font of Avenir and a bcfnt of it so it should be easy :P

Reactions: jsa
D

Deleted User

What gives? I extract the alleged system fonts CIA (0004009B00010402.cia?) and I only find some _LZ.bin files. Is this the wrong CIA, perhaps?

upload_2016-5-4_16-57-41.png

D

Deleted User

Okay, so I managed to get custom fonts working now! I never knew that 0004009B00014002 could be installed to N3DS, regardless of there not even being a 0004009B00014002 installed in the first place. Silly me. :P

Anyway, at some users' requests, I tested out Comic Sans on the 3DS and here's the result: (the font's pretty tiny, imo...)

IMG_0012.JPG

I know this isn't new... but it certainly shows us that we could do a lot more on the 3DS than meets the eye... :ph34r:

btw, sorry I can't really share the font CIA with you guys who wanted it, as it no-doubt probably has copyrighted data from the CTR SDK font converter application.

sniper_x002

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I managed to get custom fonts working now! I never knew that 0004009B00014002 could be installed to N3DS, regardless of there not even being a 0004009B00014002 installed in the first place. Silly me. :P

Anyway, at some users' requests, I tested out Comic Sans on the 3DS and here's the result: (the font's pretty tiny, imo...)

View attachment 47953

I know this isn't new... but it certainly shows us that we could do a lot more on the 3DS than meets the eye... :ph34r:

btw, sorry I can't really share the font CIA with you guys who wanted it, as it no-doubt probably has copyrighted data from the CTR SDK font converter application.
Thanks a ton, I've been trying to find where on earth I can find the default font. I guess I'll try installing it now..

Reactions: Deleted User

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Look at this pastebin post. It might help you accomplish that: http://pastebin.com/wu0E81hF :)
Yeah, i found that pastebin. Just a bit busy recently so i'm waiting until I have a free afternoon to understand what i'm doing. Don't suppose you could give it a go like above please? ;) (I know you don't want to share files - Copyright SDK stuff)

D

Deleted User

Yeah, i found that pastebin. Just a bit busy recently so i'm waiting until I have a free afternoon to understand what i'm doing. Don't suppose you could give it a go like above please? ;) (I know you don't want to share files - Copyright SDK stuff)
Sure I can! ^_^

D

Deleted User

Actually, instead of using the runescape font, I'm gonna use the font that FE:if uses in the credits and stuff.

jonnytron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@jonnytron, it's not that bad if I say so myself... for some reason, the font can be either too big, overlap too much in places, or be squashed together... but overall, it's okay. :)

View attachment 48085

View attachment 48087

View attachment 48086

Thanks, yeah the kerning seems a bit weird in 'Miiverse' as well. Overall though it looks OK. Theres another version i found that was made by nintendo of america that i hope will work better when i try it (it seems a bit smaller among other things)... might look into editing the sizes of characters.

Last edited by jonnytron,

ric.

Drivin' to meme country
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I would suck dick for a properly edited version of the Home Menu that uses the Earthbound font. Or the classic GB Pokémon font. That would be neat.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that guy seriously spent over 2 grand on that hot wheels pc?
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    LTT is a noob
    Guy doesnt know wtf hes talking about half the time
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: :sad: