Hardware Changing region/territory (PAL regions)

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So i asked this on another forum but didn't get any responses, basically im from Australia and set my Wii U to Australia too but since for wahtever reason Trine 2 isn't releasing here i wanted to change to an EU region and get it from there (like you can do on the 3DS). However when i tried to do this it seemed like it was asking me to format the system if im going to change the region and what not, like they have more security measures now to prevent people from doing so, and i was just wandering before taking the risk, can you change regions like you can on the 3DS with no risk, or does it format the memory or even worse, get rid of whatever eShop money i have left on my Aussie account?

I know its sort of a stupid question i just don't want to lose anything if i change region. thanks in advance.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
finally a response lol. can you change both though so i can get to the EU eshop somehow, or is it to late to change once you've done it?

luminalace

Trophies
XP
Country
You must create a new User and pick a European country (Ireland is a good one because Euro excange rates are usually best for Aussies). Then you must go to settings and change your location to thst country. Then you can access the Euro eShop. After that you can play Trine with your Aussie ID.

misticknight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
omg thank you so much, i had no idea it was this easy. yer its a bit harder/more annoying than 3DS, possibly due to the nature of multiple accounts but if only i had known this since the moment i got the console. better late than never i suppose, downloading Trine 2 as we speak, last day of the sale too so you answered just in time :) Thaknks again man.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now