Change Device Family?

NotStupidAhaAha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Found this on Twitter:
Cortana team uses Windows::System::Profile::AnalyticsInfo::DeviceFamily for homegrown feature control (e.g. Windows.8828080). This can be overriden if DeviceFamilyOverride velocity is flipped on (15812352), then reads reg values DeviceFamilyOverride, DeviceFormFactorOverride

You can also do old fashion licence policy editing and change kernel-devicefamily. Setting it to 8828080 causes quite a few inbox app and shell changes.
With this, I can get the DF.
public string DeviceFamily { get; }
How do I edit it?
I guess after that, I can at least dump the assets and if game owned, the executable.

TomChaai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Sorry, this isn't directly related to the XB1. I didn't mean that. I meant changing your PC's ID to Xbox so it's like one, then you can download Xbox apps.
Well that still doesn’t let you dump Xbox games. Xbox XVD/XVC encryption is a hardware thing and it’s absolutely not possible to decrypt on a PC.

NotStupidAhaAha

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well that still doesn’t let you dump Xbox games. Xbox XVD/XVC encryption is a hardware thing and it’s absolutely not possible to decrypt on a PC.
Well, it can for EAppX files. Not talking about the XVC files, I think the packages will be encrypted by the licence.
Post automatically merged:

Not dump. The MS Store will give you the packages to install, if UWP it'll open, dump, and there you have it, the first 'probably' UWP dumped game.
Post automatically merged:

With XVC Xbox-only games, not sure but it still might not work. Also, assets aren't encrypted. Only the executable. I tried this with an EAppX and was able to copy stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...