Creepin' hardcore.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
thanks, i should get a psp sometime next week (fingers crossed) and i plan on ordering the DX stuffs (and the obligatory extra stuff one stumbles upon) on monday or tuesday.
but the weather guys are planning a big snow/ice storm for tonight-tomorrow, so who knows.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
oh, what different folders are required in the root directory of your memory stick? (what goes where, if the folder name isnt something obvious)

thanks.

what video codecs can be played off of the mem stick, and what image formats? (using m33)
thanks

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1) dont buy cheapo memory sticks, if it sounds to good to be true, then it probably is....i recommend sandisk or official sony
2) if your buying/receiving a new psp and want CFW first make sure your PSP's hardware will allow this. all depends on what mobo is in your psp.
3) you will need pandora to do the CFW install, pandora deluxe works great, also magic memory stick maker.....they will guide you threw the process... DONT bother buying a datel battery or anything like that. you can create a pandora battery free of charge (google it for directions)
4) see psp.qj.net for psp updates, i have found it to be the best PSP homebrew site out there... also see forums.qj.net under the psp section for any info you may need....
5) see dl.qj.net for the most comprehensive psp HB downloads...will have download links for pandora deluxe, magic memory stick, homebrew apps/emu's/games etc etc

hope this helps a bit, if you have any questions PM me...ive been in the PSP scene since the beginning... (under QJ forums i am Digitalchronic)

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The file structure is well ... I don't feel like typing so here is a basic file structure Memstick Root (I have included The basic necessities Popsloader and Emulators)
or you could just format the memstick on your psp...

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SirSweeps said:
The file structure is well ... I don't feel like typing so here is a basic file structure Memstick Root (I have included The basic necessities Popsloader and Emulators)
or you could just format the memstick on your psp...

your mediafire link doesnt seem to work, says 0 items found. =/

grubbymitts

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Make sure you don't get a PSP 3000 - these aren't hackable yet. Your best bet is to get a secondhand 1000 model (the Phat as they call it) or the Slim and Lite 2000. But, even the 2000 edition has some revisions that are not hackable. If you recieve one with official firmware of 4.0 or above, then chances are it isn't hackable (yet).

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
well i bought a psp fat last week, but i am unable to put on CFW because my pandora and stuff got delayed on DX =(

since i got the psp used, the screen has alot of scratches on it. it seems like its the faceplate of the actual psp that has the scratches, and that the screen itself is underneath it. (i hope someone understands what i am saying)

is it possible to remove the clear face plate thing, and buy another one from somewhere? it would be nice to start with a fresh, scratchless screen, so i can cuss myself later, when i scratch it.

ah yes, and what goes in the "/psp/game(150)(5xx)" folders?

thanks.

SirSweeps

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I do believe they sell them ... plus you can always buy those scratch guards (I buy the big ones meant for computers at an electronics store and cut them to size yourself) for the psp screen ... Also on a side note ... get to know your local hobby shop, you wouldn't believe how many people there can lend their talents for such mundane things as custom painting your psp ....

Think Big ... Make friends with your local hobby shop ... learn to solder ....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol