XP
Country
Yuan said:
triassic911 said:
clegion said:
nah , i will skip until it is stable
Same here. M33 until GEN is stable.

Well, B2 is stable :wtf:a.

Bugs or no bugs what exactly does GEN B2 offer over 5.00M33-6 in your opinion? This whole exercise of the GEN C release is just pointless.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
fuck, installed Gen-C worked. then Rebooted and BAM brick..
sleep.gif
now searching for my pandora...

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
xist said:
Yuan said:
triassic911 said:
clegion said:
nah , i will skip until it is stable
Same here. M33 until GEN is stable.

Well, B2 is stable :wtf:a.

Bugs or no bugs what exactly does GEN B2 offer over 5.00M33-6 in your opinion? This whole exercise of the GEN C release is just pointless.

I didn't say it's better than 5.00M33. While PSN is inacessible and decypter v4 makes games work @ 5.00, it's really pointless.

But, where is Dark Alex anyway?

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Bleh, I'll still stick to m33, even if it means waiting a long time. I don't really play many new games anyway.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Yuan said:
I didn't say it's better than 5.00M33. While PSN is inacessible and decypter v4 makes games work @ 5.00, it's really pointless.

But, where is Dark Alex anyway?

No, i know, but all this "GEN is teh awesomez" is just getting boring. Since M33 still has the 1.50 kernel it offers a couple of better emulators and homebrews that GEN can't. Owning a slim PSP myself i couldn't care about that but the fact remains that the GEN firmware does have bugs as admitted by GEN themselves (somewhere...) and without the MS speed boost and other compatibilities still offers less than M33. Plus the issue of possible corruption with Recovery Flasher just makes me think that the GEN team still have a lot of learning to do. So far they really haven't done that much in the way of firmwares.

If he's not quit entirely i imagine DAX is probably watching the GEN team struggle with updates and smirking to himself as he waits to unleash the next M33 update. GEN based their work from DAX....half of learning things is the struggle to understand it from the basics and GEN just don't have the history DAX does. He's stepped down before and come back, so there's precedent for him to return again. M33 optimism ftw.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
i do agree with you, i only made the jump because it's higher, and there's some games that i want to play

but xist, then someguy will come and start the m33 vs GEN flame war again, well yeah, that's how this thing work

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The only people that'll probably disagree with xist are

1) The hardcore DAX fans

2) Coming DAX haters (GEN fans)

With Yoshihiro's decrypter out, M33 is back on a practically even playing field with GEN. Some people may choose to update to GEN, some may not (I'm staying at M33 for a while).

zektor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dgwillia said:
Yeah, unless some new games require something C has that B-2 doesnt, theres absolutley no point to risk updating to C. (Unless you have a Pandora, or dont get your games from Uploaders who pre-patch them for you)

Or you collect strictly *scene* releases.

clegion

Trophies
Website
cfatalis.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Raiser said:
The only people that'll probably disagree with xist are

1) The hardcore DAX fans

2) Coming DAX haters (GEN fans)

With Yoshihiro's decrypter out, M33 is back on a practically even playing field with GEN. Some people may choose to update to GEN, some may not (I'm staying at M33 for a while).
that's what i am trying to say anyway, i can't even remember why did i update, i remember game decrypt already came by

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Meh, i heard either Gen C-2 is coming soon, or Gen D, not sure on the name, but the GEN team says they are fixing all the problems. Still probally gonna stick with C-2 though >_>, i couldnt last more than a day without Disgaea 2 if my PSP bricked

Yuan

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Seriously, what does add to the thread saying you are going to stay with M33?

And even saying it more than once on the SAME thread, lol.

MercilessDeth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I installed it, everything went fine, then on a reboot it would turn on, lock up before the XMB appeared, then shut down about 10 seconds later. A format of flash1 fixed this, and it booted up, but with no sound. Another freeze, and it shut itself down, but came back on fine with sound. PSPstates still works with the patch, but I did manage to lock it up (although I hit load game while the memory stick access light was still flashing from the save state,, so that may have been my fault). Everything else appears in order. Another problem people seem to be having is that their ISOs won't load, but this is probably due to the fact that for some reason installing this update resets the settings you might have for a no UMD driver. Using the recovery menu or VSHmenu (or whatever its called) can fix this easily (although it also seems to be the case that VSHmenu is disabled too so you might as well just hit recovery on first bootup and fix both of those)

So I dunno if these problems are common or if I just had bad luck, but if you're not the type who enjoys tinkering around with this stuff or if you're not sure what you're doing, you might hold off on this update.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
deanxxczx said:
all we have to wait for now is GEN D |:

Or you know, just patch the games manually yourself? It'd take about 10 minutes to do EVERY SINGLE ONE that needs decrypting, and you wouldn't have to wait for a potentially glitchy firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh