Hacking I cannot install CFW after upgrade from CFW 5.50 to OFW 6.60

xerez

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi everyone,

I found your website looking for some help with my PSP 1004 in Google. I explain my problem and I hope you can help me. I don't have much knowledge about scene, so please bear with me...

After many years not using my old PSP I decided to play some games again. It was running 5.50 GEN-B (Full) firmware version, but I had some problems to start my PSP from time to time. When I turned on my PSP, it tried to boot but then the screen was going black bit by bit. This did not happened always, so sometimes I needed to boot the PSP once or twice to get the XMB.

However, when I was playing a game, I shutted down the console and I powered on it again I was able to see the screen in which I powered off the PSP, but the image dissapeared gradually.

I have to mention that the UMD hasn't been working for many years, I remember that I had an accident and someone repaired it for me. Since then UMD stoped working, but I was able to load games from the memory stick. Besides, the sound doesn't work, but I don't remember if this is a recent problem. Anyway, the sound doesn't matter, and the UMD, if I can play games from the memory stick doesn't matter neither.

Therefore I thought I could upgrade the firmware to a more recent version, which it might fix my problems, specially the one with the screen (the only important problem), so I installed OFW 6.60. However, when I was installing this version I got an error similar to "LPTFFFFFFFFFE" and telling me to contact Sony.

I had to reboot the PSP and I saw that it was in OFW 6.60, but when I tried to run 660 PRO-C Updater the screen freezed black. I tried it several times with the same result, it showed the Sony logo, then a black screen and finally the PSP shutted down. I factory reset the PSP but the issue remained.

Today I tried to install the OFW 6.61 to see if was able to fix this, but when the installation reached 99% the percentage changed to 84%. I did not cancel the process and it happened many times. Finally I cancelled the process removing the battery.

When I booted the PSP again it showed that the firmware version was 6.61, but if I try to run the 661 PRO-C Updater, the screen goes black and after a few second the PSP powers off.

In addition, the issue with the screen is not solved. To boot the PSP I need one, two, three... attempts to get the XMB.

Could anyone help me? What is going on with my PSP? How can I solved this problem? Before upgrade the firmware at least I was able to play video games, now the PSP is useless... :(

Thank you in advance for helping me!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ptLqnNMcQk