Emulation [CEMU] Online play seems to be very close (if you own a WiiU)

• Thread starter _v3
  • Start date
  • Views 15,775
  • Replies 13
  • Likes 1

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Reactions: KiiWii

Yandere-chan

The One and Only
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing this does, is bring up a bunch of questions. As for me, I only have two, and they're just questions asking for your opinion.
  1. Do you believe you will need a computer that can handle constant 60FPS with 12 players during the races of Mario Kart 8 for online play to work?
  2. Do you think Mario Maker will work soon?

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia

1. A 750ti graphics card should be capable of handling 1080p at 60 FPS. Of course, if you want 4K you better be equipped accordingly.
2. The dev said that only Splatoon works at the moment, but I don't see why Mario Maker would not work in the future (I think some tinkering as time goes on will enable all games to be played online).

Don't forget that you still need a WiiU to dump the required files and an NNID

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's Nintendo.
I highly doubt it.

Well they better be prepared to lose a shit ton of customers if they don't. Switch online is paid unlike it's predecessors and if the consumer can't get a good service despite having to pay to play online (forcibly, as there's no alternative), shitstorm's gonna rise.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well they better be prepared to lose a shit ton of customers if they don't. Switch online is paid unlike it's predecessors and if the consumer can't get a good service despite having to pay to play online (forcibly, as there's no alternative), shitstorm's gonna rise.

XBL is paid with some rogue cheaters.
PSN is semi paid (think PS4 is paid?) with a lot more cheaters.

Both Sony and MS always have cracked down on cheaters and pirates extremely hard.
Nintendo never did such a thing, aside from banning 3DSses in small waves.
I doubt Nintendo will step up their game.

Reactions: CallmeBerto

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
XBL is paid with some rogue cheaters.
PSN is semi paid (think PS4 is paid?) with a lot more cheaters.

Both Sony and MS always have cracked down on cheaters and pirates extremely hard.
Nintendo never did such a thing, aside from banning 3DSses in small waves.
I doubt Nintendo will step up their game.

Which is why I firmly believe that unless they start acting like MS or Sony they're gonna start losing customers.
I don't understand the mentality behind the homebrew scene, first comes Hello World, then Doom gets ported and then we get cheats.

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Which is why I firmly believe that unless they start acting like MS or Sony they're gonna start losing customers.
I don't understand the mentality behind the homebrew scene, first comes Hello World, then Doom gets ported and then we get cheats.

It's inevitable, same with piracy.

I personally don't really care about pirates accessing online services but cheaters, no matter if they bought their games legitimately or pirated it, can ruin complete games for one.

But yeh, I stopped playing online years ago.
The mentality of the majority of online users is downright cringy, not to mention the foul mouthed 14 year olds and users that can't seem to play fair.
Abusing bugs, fine.
Cheating, please, kill yourself.

Reactions: CallmeBerto and _v3

_v3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It's inevitable, same with piracy.

I personally don't really care about pirates accessing online services but cheaters, no matter if they bought their games legitimately or pirated it, can ruin complete games for one.

But yeh, I stopped playing online years ago.
The mentality of the majority of online users is downright cringy, not to mention the foul mouthed 14 year olds and users that can't seem to play fair.
Abusing bugs, fine.
Cheating, please, kill yourself.

Your way of thinking is exactly like mine, down to the "kill yourself" part xD

Reactions: DinohScene

FloatingFatMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Expected as much, not a lot of tinkering will be needed to unlock every game for online play. CEMU is proof of what emulator devs can do if they get community support.

Online is nice, but I'd rather they fix the problems with AMD Polaris cards...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo