CDJapan & customs

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If I purchase just a single Splatoon CD on there, what do I have to do in regards of EU customs? Is it hassle-free? Do customs try to rip you off by charging you extra fees just for a single CD?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If I purchase just a single Splatoon CD on there, what do I have to do in regards of EU customs? Is it hassle-free? Do customs try to rip you off by charging you extra fees just for a single CD?
Not sure how it works in your country, but mine. Yes. All packages goes through a machine that auto-adds all fees etc. So I try to avoid importing from outside the EU.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
According to their website, yes, tax will be included and the package will skip customs (well, it can still be stopped for the """random""" inspection that was roughly 1 out of 5 and resulted at best in a letter asking for taxes and absurd handling to be paid, except that you won't have to pay the taxes :D )

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
According to their website, yes, tax will be included and the package will skip customs (well, it can still be stopped for the """random""" inspection that was roughly 1 out of 5 and resulted at best in a letter asking for taxes and absurd handling to be paid, except that you won't have to pay the taxes :D )
So it's a game of lottery? You either won't have to deal with anything at all or the customs office will ruin your day, based on your luck?

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If it was like back in the day in my country, it's a lottery. However, according to most laws you should always pay your taxes on imports so we do try to sneak by it.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can't speak for your country, but I ordered a music CD off there a few years ago and did end up having to pay about £20 for customs once it got to the UK.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how much you going to get by but my friend from Europe did told me before that she does get import tax quite a lot in like Spain and Germany, not sure how much you get charged in Czech Republic. It is so different here in the US so importing fees for me.

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
CDJapan is fairly hassle-free as far as import services go. I've bought from there many times without issue. Just make your purchase, put in your details and pay, and all should be good. If there's some sort of issue, you should be notified somehow.

I've also personally spoken to the Toshi Makiya (I think he runs the service, but I'm not entirely sure) on a couple occasions and it was always good interactions and he is very helpful if you have any issues or questions.

If your country has any import duties or taxes you're not charged on purchase, you'll probably be charged them on delivery or before delivery.

For reference, I'm in the US and things can differ based on where you're located.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CDJapan is fairly hassle-free as far as import services go. I've bought from there many times without issue. Just make your purchase, put in your details and pay, and all should be good. If there's some sort of issue, you should be notified somehow.

I've also personally spoken to the Toshi Makiya (I think he runs the service, but I'm not entirely sure) on a couple occasions and it was always good interactions and he is very helpful if you have any issues or questions.

If your country has any import duties or taxes you're not charged on purchase, you'll probably be charged them on delivery or before delivery.

For reference, I'm in the US and things can differ based on where you're located.

It is different for Europe.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Please don't tell me that I'll have to hassle with the fucking customs office, no one here wants anything to do with it.
You should end up with an email like this below and DHL would be the ones to handle it for you. It's why you're paying them the fee. (This is the email I got but I live in the UK so might be slightly different costs for you)

dhlimport.png

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is different for Europe.
Well, EU Europe, specifically. Then there's the U.K. and Eastern European countries (non-EU) that also handle it in their own ways.

On AliExpress sellers try to undervalue the item and give it a different description so it passes through customs of whatever country, but there's the chance it can be checked for inspection. Of course, AE isn't relevant as CDJapan states exactly as it is.

Anyway...

I just checked Czech Republic and it is part of the EU so it probably follows the same rules/laws as others in the 'union' do. Surprisingly, CR doesn't use the Euro currency so that's great they kept their own currency. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo