Hacking CATSFC released

TEQu

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait hes helping make the Old Republic dang yo take your time there ShadauxCat
I am so with you on that. Thanks for the work done so far ShadauxCat, good luck with TOR! I'm not a hue MMO fan, but I can't stay away from anything Star Wars related... yes, even the Christmas special... but especially TOR.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope you get a chance to work on this emulator for the DSTWO eventually ShadauxCat. Considering what Pate has been doing with the DSTWO SDK sources and the improvements he's making to get DS2x86 more efficient on the DSTWO.
I can't wait to see what you could do with these sources.
By the way, I hope SWTOR is successful with all the time and effort you and others have put into it.

Reactions: 1 person

Gintoki Sakata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Since I've ordered a dstwo I might as well suggest a new feature here. Is it possible to make a display mode that displays the part that is cut off on the other screen? That's what nesDS is doing with NES games. Oh and is it possible to choose between the topscreen and the touchscreen as the main game screen?

Duarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems like this has died. I really hope it hasnt as it seems like the most promising SNES emulator out there. I ordered my DStwo but do not have it yet. I would love to play games like Megaman X1,2,3 again and even Secret of Mana without the errors.

If cat updates again..I would gladly donate $50 or even pay $100 for a fullproof working SNES emulator. I am shocked there isnt one for DS after all this time...keeping my fingers crossed cat hasnt dropped this project

Duarian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone notice even with this emulator that the games are only running at like 80% speed for the most part? I am not sure if it is me or what..even with the CPU set to 5 on all games there is still a slight 'lag' that I notice. Some games the sound is sort of stuck in fast forward (secret of mana and donkey kong country). The graphics are fine in every game I play but the delay sitll makes just about every game un-playable.

I was thinking this was my problem but I have both a class 4 and 10 SDHC card i tried and it is the same result. I guess some just got used to the lag in games.

75UR15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the plugin, don't much like the theme (sorry) so I kinda retrofited the one from gba emulator over, it can be found here if anyone is interested:
http://www.mediafire...qf1yu5jpu3uj5y3
the title menu works differently, and the title pic (stitle.bmp) was getting in the way, updated here:
http://www.mediafire...nxb3lapy3zgbuvq
preview available here:
http://s216.photobuc...nt=Img_0209.jpg
my iphone is distorting the colors a little, it will match what shows in gba emulator.

the images therein need to go in:
x:\CATSFC\system\gui\

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, Kirby's Dream Land 3 uses the same SA-1 co-processor chip that SMRPG uses. I know I speedhacked it at one point for the PSP's SNES emulator, but I don't remember if it was helpful at all or not. The ones with co-processors were rather hit-or-miss in my speedhacking attempts.

Quackington

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

Sorry for bumping this but I'm hoping someone can help. I am trying to get CATSFC working on my DSTwo card and having no luck. My DSTwo card arrived today, and I downloaded the DSTwo software from supercard.sc, version 1.11 from here:

http://down.supercard.sc/download/dstwo/DSTWO_v1.11_2012_1224_eng.zip

There's a link on the left to download a patch here:

http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-7517-1-1.html

...but I don't think I need this, right? It seems to be a patch to update compatibility for DS games.

Anyway, I have the DSTwo software installed okay, it works. I then downloaded CAT SFC and did the following:

- Put catsfc.plg, catsfc.ini and catsfc.bmp in _dstwo > plug folder
- Put the CATSFC folder in the root of my memory card, next to the _dstwo folder
- Put a few SNES roms with .smc extension in CATSFC > gamepak

I then turned on my DS and booted up DSTwo. On the menu, I see the following two folders:

0..android_secure/ (not sure why, this is empty)
CATSFC

I then go to the CATSFC folder and then into the GAMEPAK folder. I see a list of my roms, but when I hit A to start any one of them, nothing happens.

Any ideas as to where I may have gone wrong? Do I need to download that patch? I now have the file, but not sure where to put it.

Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety