Gaming Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Anyone pre-ordering it here?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'll try the Mummy Maze stage but damn what puts me off from playing it is that it's really tediously long just for the purpose of collecting 5k and reaching the end.

You don't really have to even try to get the 5000 coins.

On my first playthrough of the level I think I got close to 6000 coins. I've since replayed to get even more coins. I'm trying to see if it's possible to get OVER 9000. Haha

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
It takes up to 14mins to complete this stage? I was hoping for 5-7mins max in a speedrun of some kind.

My best time is 10 minutes... Yes, it's longer than the usual stages. But it's a challenge in its own right (I know it's cheap), so I really don't get what's so off putting about it. :o

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
My best time is 10 minutes... Yes, it's longer than the usual stages. But it's a challenge in its own right (I know it's cheap), so I really don't get what's so off putting about it. :o

'cuz it's just doing the same thing for 50 checkpoints but oh well, it's a challenge so I guess it's all right.

Nintendo should include this on their next NWC (the current being NES Remix).

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Well, so turns out it wasn't really that hard, it just takes some getting used to it and stunning the enemies so that you can pass through, as such, it was relaxing doing the game while pressing on them as I kept on walking (Mummy Toad never really caught me while walking either).

I was expecting an End Credits to play at the end but nope, instead they gave a cheap "THANK YOU" and a Crown for Toad/Toadette to wear (as if I'd play the game after this) oh and bonus stages to collect coins but come on, 99 lives is more than enough.

zlCfzS4D440y-uyL07

zlCfzS4EBKYz7-AmK1

This might've been the very last day I played Captain Toad but at least I finished the remaining chapters of the Bonus episode/book.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, so turns out it wasn't really that hard, it just takes some getting used to it and stunning the enemies so that you can pass through, as such, it was relaxing doing the game while pressing on them as I kept on walking (Mummy Toad never really caught me while walking either).

I was expecting an End Credits to play at the end but nope, instead they gave a cheap "THANK YOU" and a Crown for Toad/Toadette to wear (as if I'd play the game after this) oh and bonus stages to collect coins but come on, 99 lives is more than enough.

zlCfzS4D440y-uyL07

zlCfzS4EBKYz7-AmK1

This might've been the very last day I played Captain Toad but at least I finished the remaining chapters of the Bonus episode/book.

Thanks for ruining the whole game by postings pictures of what happens at the end and an explanation to boot! I've only just started to play it really and I didn't want to know. Why do people just post spoilers and brag on how far and how they got to the end and look here's just a couple of imgs to prove it to everyone??? why man, it just spoils the fun for everyone else that has bought the game recently!:angry: Your a tit, I feel like WTF is the point now.

Edit: also that goes for others that have posted spoilers, your tits as well the thread says " Captain Toad Treasure Tracker anyone pre-ordering it here?" not " Look everyone this is how Captain Fucking Toad game goes and ends, includes all the spoilers you will ever need"

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Edit: also that goes for others that have posted spoilers, your tits as well the thread says " Captain Toad Treasure Tracker anyone pre-ordering it here?" not " Look everyone this is how Captain Fucking Toad game goes and ends, includes all the spoilers you will ever need"
It's hard to preorder something anymore that's already been out for a good few weeks, so what's the problem using the same discussion for the game content itself? Play the game for yourself, there's a lot in it that screenshots alone can't capture.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
It's hard to preorder something anymore that's already been out for a good few weeks, so what's the problem using the same discussion for the game content itself? Play the game for yourself, there's a lot in it that screenshots alone can't capture.

I didn't, I got it back in December when it was leaked in Smyths Toy Store but not had chance to play it properly yet, which I am looking forward too but giving spoilers out of end game, man that just gets on my tits! Also it did not come out officially in the UK until the 5th Jan 2015 which was a few days ago, not weeks!

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I didn't, I got it back in December when it was leaked in Smyths Toy Store but not had chance to play it properly yet, which I am looking forward too but giving spoilers out of end game, man that just gets on my tits! Also it did not come out officially in the UK until the 5th Jan 2015 which was a few days ago, not weeks!

Who cares when the game came out in the UK? This is not a UK only forum. I'm in Finland and we got it 2nd January, but the game was released in the US in December. Just get over it. If you think there's no point to playing the game anymore then maybe it wasn't the best purchase for you. No disrespect to you of course. Enjoy the game for what it is and use that energy to play the game instead of complaining about spoilers online. ;)

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The game spoils itself for the player as by Episode 2 you're playing just slightly modified stages of Episode 1 and Episode 3's a "Best of Captain Toad".

I do find it odd how Nintendo decided to make Captain Toad the prequel to Mario 3D World (going by that "The Adventure Continues in Super Mario 3D World) but eh, they probably just wanted to get people who haven't played it (most Wii U owners already did) to purchase the game.

I'd still give it a 4/5 than 5/5.

Amazon's UK release date was January 2, 2015 and I received my copy on December 30, 2015.

I know I could've gotten it way sooner but I just didn't want to pay £30 or £35 for such a short game with little variety.

Reecey

Trophies
XP
Country
Who cares when the game came out in the UK? This is not a UK only forum. I'm in Finland and we got it 2nd January, but the game was released in the US in December. Just get over it. If you think there's no point to playing the game anymore then maybe it wasn't the best purchase for you. No disrespect to you of course. Enjoy the game for what it is and use that energy to play the game instead of complaining about spoilers online. ;)

It doesn't really matter anyway I just fanced having a bit of a rant about it :P

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Can someone confirm that Mummy Me Maze Forever has a limit of 9999 coins to collect or does it allow to rack up even more?

This'd be a cool way to make a competition for an X prize and the one with the highest amount of coins would win it.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Can someone confirm that Mummy Me Maze Forever has a limit of 9999 coins to collect or does it allow to rack up even more?

This'd be a cool way to make a competition for an X prize and the one with the highest amount of coins would win it.

I'm currently trying to figure that out. Since the Mummy Toad only follows your footsteps it's easy to go through the level at your own pace if you just keep moving, however at some points it becomes tricky because of other enemies. I must suck because I haven't gotten OVER 9000 coins yet in a single run. I'll try this weekend when I have more time. ;)

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Still $20 less than stock standard for Wii U games in Australia.

This.

People need to take into account value of currency and the country's tax legislation when comparing prices. $60 AUD in USD equals ~$50 USD. Then there's GST (Goods and Services Tax, similar to VAT) in Australia that's 10%. So if we deduct that we get to $45 USD equivalent price in Australia. This sounds very fair, and I'm sure there is still some costs unaccounted for.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson