cyris69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FW 2.0
SX OS 1.2, never ran the previous versions.
I was trying to search around as I thought someone posted something similar. My right one charges but doesn't show connected naturally after trying a jig. However my left one is completely functional no damage. I can be playing a game fine, attach them and try and continue but only the screenshot and home button work. When out of a game or just on home screen they work fine. I've also noticed the right side of the switch gets hot when sleeping and drains battery. I get the same controller issue in OFW too now. Anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT:
Ok, the left controller is the culprit. Playing my legit binding of isaac cart it says connect a controller and press anything to continue. If i remove the right, no change, remove left and both controllers work albeit left one can't be attached. I assume hadthe connection on my right was working it would require both to be removed as it technically is already. Also, never played any other games besides isaac on my switch and a MK8 dump.

Last edited by cyris69,

cyris69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could I run a Pokken rom and use it to update to 3.0 to see if that helps even though I doubt it, but since it's a step in the troubleshooting on nintendo's site? Kinda last option if I send it in it's going to get most recent anyways..

cyris69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used a 3d printed one and know it messed up the the rail switch side on the right. So I should just replace the switch side rails? Found a set in the US on fleabay for 30.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reactions: cyris69

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks, I'll give that a go and use them remotely for now. Might see about getting a pair for the joycon side as well. Just odd why the left side was affected.
I don't think the left side was affected. It does only work if you remove both controllers because this game needs a pair and since both can't be connected they have to be both in wireless mode to count as a pair.

cyris69

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the left side was affected. It does only work if you remove both controllers because this game needs a pair and since both can't be connected they have to be both in wireless mode to count as a pair.
Fair enough, I'd be happy with just fixing the right :)

g3dn

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Same problem with mine when I short pin# 10 & 9. I just install auto rcm and remove the foil I used to short the 2 pins. Joycons working as usual again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8