Hacking can't run classic nes gba roms

saki2mi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know you can easily emulate classic nes games, but i'm really curious why i can't run these roms using gbaexploader. the roms themselves load fine, but the games don't respond to buttons. thanks in advance.

Reactions: gotnorhythm91

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while i really dont kno anything about this, isnt gbaexploader used to run gba games, not nes games? you kno concerning that it is gbaexploader and all. i might be wrong. like i said, im really dont kno but using common sense it seems pretty clear that it shouldnt work in the first place.

triple-sevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh my mistake. like i said i dunno much about this stuff lol. if its just a port, why not go play the original game using a nes emulator for the ds?

saki2mi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry for the confusion. as christen has posted, there are series of nes games that were released for gba.

i'm curious if it's my rom/cyclods/ez v. can someone try them out? thanks!

Reactions: gotnorhythm91

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
dry.gif
Wheels on the bike go round and round, round and round. Wheels on the bike go round and round, all through the day.

billyjoebob97

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't run the Classic NES series GBA roms because you are using an older outdated version of GBAexploader. The current version supports Classic NES series roms, the older versions do not.

Also worth noting, the beta feature of the CycloDS GBA loader does not currently support the Classic NES GBA roms. You need the current version of GBAexploader.

That being said, NESDS has realtime save and rewind so that is my preferred method of running NES games.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can play SMB 2 (Lost Levels) via PocketNES or NES DS with an IPS patch if you wish. Grab a copy of "Super Mario Bros 2 (J) [P1]" (which may be incorrectly named "Mario and Luigi (SMB1 Hack) [a1]" in some sets) and apply the IPS patch file from http://gbafan.pocketheaven.com/nes.html

Not entirely authentic, but it's as close as you can get without having actual FDS emulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021