Gaming Can't remember name of this newer game

Celice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several months back there were previews for these new games which were pretty much Borderlands ripoffs. There was Rage, which is still being mentioned almost everywhere, and then there was this other title which looked a lot more interesting. I can't remember its name for the life of me. I do remember the content of that video though. It was a demonstration of gameplay, opening first on a sort of beach/jungle area. The HUD was that generic future-like crisp interface, and there were classes. I think two people were playing. The two people had jetpacks on. After a bit, bugs start storming the place, and they use their class skills, weapons, and grenades to kill off the insects. This was pretty much Borderlands with jetpacks I remember.

The next part they showed off was the city. Now I remember one of their biggest selling points was being able to pick up and go from any spot on the planet, be it through jetpack or other vehicles. From this beach/jungle area they call in a ship and they fly to a hub city, seeing small AI groups fighting along the way. They get to the city, chat up some NPCs, maybe something about a quest, when suddenly the city comes under attack, and there's a bunch of these robo/alien looking things breaking in. Again they go into combat, and it was like Borderlands all over the place, and their objective was to try and activate the turrets to repel the attack. There was some deal about breaking the shields of enemies to damage them (Borderlands again) and at the end, a huge gigantic giant thing comes looming over the city walls, trying to force its way in. This footage ends with the player rushing towards one of the turrets and lining up the sights to kill off this giant thing.

It was a pretty interesting game. Thing is, I've forgot everything but the name of it. Which sucks, 'cause I've been wanting to look it up and see what happened to the title. This strike any memories for any of the users here?

Celice

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it is! Cool, I was hoping the game didn't die from inattention or something like that... it really does look interesting for fans of Borderlands.

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1