Hardware Cant get hard mod to work...

wessider91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have done everything fine, as soon as i plug in my hard mod cable into the sd cable and dont even put it in the disconnected reader the 3ds will already boot to the 400/200 errcode.

Only the computer doesnt seem to find it, in disk managment the computer is going lag hard as soon as i refresh when i connected the sd reader, but at the end there is no media.... also not founded in win32 disk manager and roadkill....

i am really needing help so i can put my backup back, the system cant be updated and i think its an downgrade failure, but the browser is updated to the latest so i cant use spider exploit.

any suggestions welcome also on the gbatemp irc.

grtz

wessider91

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
used 2 total diffrents, but my disk managment seems to have trouble, so i guess there is an connection going on, or atleast trying to?

with an normal sd card it all ruins smooth btw

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
used 2 total diffrents, but my disk managment seems to have trouble, so i guess there is an connection going on, or atleast trying to?

with an normal sd card it all ruins smooth btw
Maybe if you bought a proper SD reader that other users have confirmed working you'd have more luck.

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also had often the blue screen, but the drive couldn't be accessed by DiskWriter.
If you have an O3DS it could be that the clk pin isn't soldered correctly or already too damaged for proper contact.
I had to desolder the game slot to rescue mine again by using the only alternative clk pin.
If you've done the mod not that often or have a different model it could also be the cable length that causes the problems, as with increasing length the connection gets worse.
10-15 cm worked fine for me and that's not what she said.

atkfromabove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done everything fine, as soon as i plug in my hard mod cable into the sd cable and dont even put it in the disconnected reader the 3ds will already boot to the 400/200 errcode.

Only the computer doesnt seem to find it, in disk managment the computer is going lag hard as soon as i refresh when i connected the sd reader, but at the end there is no media.... also not founded in win32 disk manager and roadkill....

i am really needing help so i can put my backup back, the system cant be updated and i think its an downgrade failure, but the browser is updated to the latest so i cant use spider exploit.

any suggestions welcome also on the gbatemp irc.

grtz
I had the same problem. It turned out to be my ground wire. Make sure it's not connected to the 3ds charging port ground.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should be walking but legs are still sore
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I think that listening to the same 15 songs on the music player in my dad's car all the time made me kind of hate "normal" music.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol