Hardware C'ant access vsh or recovery menu

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
If he wants to have any chance at accessing or editing the registry, he needs to be running CFW.

But it doesn't make any sense that the buttons just got shuffled all of a sudden.

Besides she said that she never had flashed the psp before, so unless it already came flashed it makes it all more weird.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
But it doesn't make any sense that the buttons just got shuffled all of a sudden.
I'd still prefer to know if there's anything running in the background just to be 100% sure that this is not a software issue before we proceed to going down and dirty with a screwdriver.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I'd still prefer to know if there's anything running in the background just to be 100% sure that this is not a software issue before we proceed to going down and dirty with a screwdriver.
True, but the two buttons needed are not registering, making it harder.

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well since you are having problems with the buttons you should be fixing that.

You might be trying to fix something that doesn't need to be fixed.

-EDIT-
If you feel comfortable with a screwdriver and a guide you should try to fix it yourself. First check if the connection is good otherwise you should consider buying replacement part.
i will try since a replacement is a little ....... for my pocket!

Huh... well, that's a pickle indeed. Are you a 100% sure that you installed the CFW correctly? Can you guide me through the process? Step by step - what you're doing and what it says on the screen.
If he wants to have any chance at accessing or editing the registry, he needs to be running CFW.
I'm a girl!
The process to 6.60 with my pc :
Downloaded the OFW 6.60 from playstation, created a update folder in game folder and put the file eboot in it.
Run the eboot until it finish then extracted proupdate and fast recovery in game
and then used proupdate

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm a girl!
Sorry! My bad! :P
The process to 6.60 with my pc :
Downloaded the OFW 6.60 from playstation, created a update folder in game folder and put the file eboot in it.
Run the eboot until it finish then extracted proupdate and fast recovery in game
and then used proupdate
Alright, that seems to follow the correct pattern, running Fast Recovery should've booted you into CFW Mode - it's bizzare that it doesn't, but perhaps you're not selecting the reinstall option in Proupdate and the installer just turns off - I can't tell how many times I've done that before just because I was in a hurry. Re-try from the Proupdate stage, make triple-sure that the CFW is actually installing, when done use Fast Recovery and check if you've booted into the CFW via the system settings if VSH still doesn't pop up. If you are, all if well on the software side. Double-check that you don't have any plugins running - you can check that by having a look at the seplugins folder on the memory stick - it should have three text files - GAME, VSH and POPS. If VSH has anything with a 1 value, change it to 0 and save. Re-insert the stick and reboot the system, then run Fast Recovery. If it's still a no go and SELECT refuses to work, it's almost 100% a hardware fault and you'll have to double-check the ribbon connectors on the motherboard, so have a look at the guide that was posted earlier on how to open the system. Be very gentle. ;)
Foxi4

Doesn't the original fw restore all hacks? Can't remember that.
It does unless they're hard-coded into the registery, I think, so I want her to disable all Plugins and reboot just to be sure. It's been a while since I touched PSP modifications. I even busted out my old PSP-2000 just to help. :rofl2:

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry! My bad! :P
Alright, that seems to follow the correct pattern, running Fast Recovery should've booted you into CFW Mode - it's bizzare that it doesn't, but perhaps you're not selecting the reinstall option in Proupdate and the installer just turns off - I can't tell how many times I've done that before just because I was in a hurry. Re-try from the Proupdate stage, make triple-sure that the CFW is actually installing, when done use Fast Recovery and check if you've booted into the CFW via the system settings if VSH still doesn't pop up. If you are, all if well on the software side. Double-check that you don't have any plugins running - you can check that by having a look at the seplugins folder on the memory stick - it should have three text files - GAME, VSH and POPS. If VSH has anything with a 1 value, change it to 0 and save. Re-insert the stick and reboot the system, then run Fast Recovery. If it's still a no go and SELECT refuses to work, it's almost 100% a hardware fault and you'll have to double-check the ribbon connectors on the motherboard, so have a look at the guide that was posted earlier on how to open the system. Be very gentle. ;)
It does unless they're hard-coded into the registery, I think, so I want her to disable all Plugins and reboot just to be sure. It's been a while since I touched PSP modifications. I even busted out my old PSP-2000 just to help. :rofl2:
I have unistalled and reinstalled it then run fast recovery even checked the system : 6.60 PRO-C2 still no recovery menu.
For the plugins i don't even have GAME,VSH or POPS so it's not this

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I have unistalled and reinstalled it then run fast recovery even checked the system : 6.60 PRO-C2 still no recovery menu.
For the plugins i don't even have GAME,VSH or POPS so it's not this

And maintaining R depressed while turning it on doesn't work either ?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I have unistalled and reinstalled it then run fast recovery even checked the system : 6.60 PRO-C2 still no recovery menu. For the plugins i don't even have GAME,VSH or POPS so it's not this
Alright, so the situation is pretty clear - if reinstalling the OFW and the CFW did absolutely nothing to mend the situation, the fault is in the hardware - you have to double-check all of the ribbon connectors that go to the PSP's controls.

Naturally there's about a zillion videos on Youtube pertaining this particular subject, so I'll post one of them here. You can obviously skip the parts not relevant to your issue (like removing the rubber pads or anything like that).

Once you've re-adjusted the ribbon cables leading to the affected buttons, re-assemble the system and give it another go - here's for hoping that it works! While you're at it, you may as well do some exploratory work and check if the system has any signs of internal damage.

And maintaining R depressed while turning it on doesn't work either ?
This trick will not work on Fast Recovery PSP's because the system natively boots to the OFW. She would either have to run Fast Recovery
and hold R while that's doing its work (I think) or reboot the PSP from CFW mode which she can't do due to lack of access to the VSH in the first place, so this is quite a pickle.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
nope maybe i missing a file for it in my memory card?
If you did all correctly and have the "pro-c" in the system info then you should be able to boot into recovery menu.

Does the R button work in game?

-EDIT-
Still though if those two drops knocked the ribbons out, I'm really impressed the screen didn't get cracked.

-EDIT #2-
Foxi4
Ok, didn't know that

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Still though if those two drops knocked the ribbons out, I'm really impressed the screen didn't get cracked.
Ribbons are a portable user's biggest enemy - they invariably get loose whether you care for the system or not. I swear to God, there must be some form of a ribbon fairy messing with them while we sleep, there is no logical explaination to this. :rofl2:

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Ribbons are a portable user's biggest enemy - they invariably get loose whether you care for the system or not. I swear to God, there must be some form of a ribbon fairy messing with them while we sleep, there is no logical explaination to this. :rofl2:
But seriously those connectors are quite snappy in my opinion. I even find it hard sometimes to open them with my fingers! :blink:

Reactions: Foxi4

mimi-dono

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, so the situation is pretty clear - if reinstalling the OFW and the CFW did absolutely nothing to mend the situation, the fault is in the hardware - you have to double-check all of the ribbon connectors that go to the PSP's controls.

Naturally there's about a zillion videos on Youtube pertaining this particular subject, so I'll post one of them here. You can obviously skip the parts not relevant to your issue (like removing the rubber pads or anything like that).

Once you've re-adjusted the ribbon cables leading to the affected buttons, re-assemble the system and give it another go - here's for hoping that it works! While you're at it, you may as well do some exploratory work and check if the system has any signs of internal damage.

This trick will not work on Fast Recovery PSP's because the system natively boots to the OFW. She would either have to run Fast Recovery and hold R while that's doing its work (I think) or reboot the PSP from CFW mode which she can't do due to lack of access to the VSH in the first place, so this is quite a pickle.

I will check but since my connection is a litthe slow , i will wait a hour before trying.
If you did all correctly and have the "pro-c" in the system info then you should be able to boot into recovery menu.

Does the R button work in game?

-EDIT-

-EDIT #2-
Foxi4
Ok, didn't know that
yes it work.
I'm just lucky that my screen is alright ... since then i stopped listenning Rock and metal song on my psp ( yes it was while singing, dancing, jumping while holding my psp that these falls two occured)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok