Hacking Cannot Mount SD2Vita to Ux0

FellDreagon95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have followed every guide that I could possibly find to do set up my SD2Vita, including the stickied guide, but I have not been able to successfully mount my SD2Vita to the Ux0. Fortunately, there really haven't been any negative side effects to this, but this is annoying. Currently, I am using a PSVita Slim on 3.68 Henkaku via H encore.

I am attempting this on a Sandisk 32 GB micro sd card. This card was previously used for a Luma CFW 3ds.

What do you guys think is the problem? Is it the adapter? The memory card? Thanks in advance.

EDIT: What is happening is that nothing has changed in terms of memory after rebooting and launching Vitashell.

Attachments

• sd2vita.jpg
    sd2vita.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 602
Last edited by FellDreagon95,

Dave_Chad

Trophies
XP
Country
Where are your plugins and config? ur0 or ux0?

Make sure they're in ur0.
Make sure the line ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx is the first line under kernel.
Make sure you delete ux0:tai folder, from internal memory, memory card and new memory card before mounting.

FellDreagon95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I followed the guides exactly and nothing changed. ux0 is still assigned to my real ps vita memory card.

The light that goes off when you insert a game card seems to light up when I insert the SD2Vita, so maybe it is the micro SD card?

FellDreagon95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where are your plugins and config? ur0 or ux0?

Make sure they're in ur0.
Make sure the line ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx is the first line under kernel.
Make sure you delete ux0:tai folder, from internal memory, memory card and new memory card before mounting.

I have made sure that all plugins are placed in the ur0:tai directory and I have edited the file accordingly. I even tried the process fresh this morning but ux0 is still assigned to my vita card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use storagemgr and follow the guide on github

I have followed the guide on github as well as the one posted here, but ux0 is still assigned to my vita memory card.

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have the same adapter than you and no problem on my 3.60 VITA + 3.68 PSTV.

I use samsung 32Gb and a 64Gb SAN DISK.

Seems strange

FellDreagon95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same adapter than you and no problem on my 3.60 VITA + 3.68 PSTV.

I use samsung 32Gb and a 64Gb SAN DISK.

Seems strange

I just bought a fresh San Disk 64 GB card (The red and gray one). The Micro SD card I used before had been used as the main memory card for a Luma CFW 3DS. I am going to format the new card the way that was described here and see if that is the issue.

FellDreagon95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I have attempted the process again and.... I think I made a bit more progress. I configured the storagemgr_config.txt wrong and I believe the SD2Vita card was set to grw0 instead of ux0. uma0 was nowhere to be found though. I closed Vitashell, took out the SD2Vita, put it back in, but the grw0 directory did not appear. I've edited the file correctly, restarted the system and henkaku, but still no luck. Any ideas?

I also noticed that when the SD2Vita is inserted, exiting hencore takes longer than normal. Does this mean anything?

eighthdayregret

fnerrrrrrrrrr!
Trophies
Website
eighthsregrets.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
How did you copy the contents of your memory card over? I was having issues until I copied the while drive, rather than opening the drive, selecting everything, then copy and pasting. It was somehow losing like 1,000 files.
Also, grw0 should (I think) only appear in VitaShell if there's a legit game in the slot.
Your config.txt should say
MCD=uma0 (if you're using your SD2Vita as your main) or ux0
INT=imc0
GCD=uma0 (if you're using your memory card as your main) or ux0
UMA=grw0

The only ones you should be changing if you're only using a memory card and SD2Vita are MCD and GCD. Leave the other settings alone.

As far as h-encore taking a while to exit, it may have to do with plugins you have enabled. Once I started adding extra plugins, mine started taking a while to exit, too. Resetting it fixes it, so it seems that the more plugins you have, the longer it takes to load them.

Last edited by eighthdayregret,

FellDreagon95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How did you copy the contents of your memory card over? I was having issues until I copied the while drive, rather than opening the drive, selecting everything, then copy and pasting.

I simply connected my vita via usb through Vitashell and copied the contents of the Ux0 folder. What do you mean by the while drive?

wad11656

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump. Same issue. Vita 1000 3.68. After setting the config for the drives (uma0, ux0, etc) in the .txt file, SD2Vita doesn't show up in VitaShell at all. ur0 remains internal memory while ux0 remains PSVita memory card. uma0 not even listed anymore. I'll try moving the ux0 files over to SD2Vita and double-checking my config .txt tomorrow

EDIT: Just had to delete the config.txt from ux0:tai

Last edited by wad11656,

Hunter_White

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have spent 3 to 4 days trying to get this thing to work. I have it where vita shell is getting my full storage amount 999.98 and yet when I refresh the shell it states 0 items were added. Also the light that is flashing on the game insert card is off. I do have 3.73 firmware, I have h-encore 2, autoplugin 1 and 2, pch 1001 model, yet every time I try to start autoplugin 2 it just says corrupted. I have reinstalled that thing 3x. I am getting very upset and need help.

Edit: The games show up in the vitashell when I go to ux0:/app/ but I cannot get the shell to pull them up. When I refresh it just says "refreshed 0 items".

Edit: I did get some games on my vita, but, I only got 6 out of 36. I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong. Please help.

Last edited by Hunter_White,

Granolleke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi there. Just spent another 2 hours trying to get my Vita back, after facing similar problems. Mine actually used to work just fine, but I messed it up trying to get some unimportant game to run. I ran "Prepare games for installation" in PSM Manager and it did some stuff, rebooted the system and after that all the homebrew bubbles were gone. Just now I actually did find some warning about running this on "non-ensō systems with any MicroSD adapter", so yeah. Don't just click on stuff if you don't know what it does.

So my situation was: Henkaku loads fine, but only the original Vita bubbles show up. One thing you can do is hold L + R (or maybe only L) during boot, which will skip plugin loading, but in my case did bring VitaShell and AutoPlugin back. I also tried to rebuild the database via the recovery menu, but that just made things worse; it reset all my bubble ordering.

I finally fixed it be taking out the SD card and editing the config.txt on the PC. Something must have borked it, because it had the plugins pointing to "ur0:". I changed these to "ux0:", which is what it should be when your SD2Vita is mounted, and after that all the bubbles came back.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...