Hacking Can you use an SD2VITA memory card to hack your Vita?

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. I'm quite new to the Vita in general so please bare with me.

My cousin and I both purchased a Vita last week. Mine came with an official 32gb memory card. However his did not.

I managed to install CFW on my Vita by following this tutorial:

It went smoothly and I had absolutely no problems.

However since my cousin did NOT get a Vita memory card with his, he went ahead and purchased a SD2VITA adapter so he could simply just use a regular SD card. I noticed through-out the tutorial that the person narrating kept emphasizing the word "official" whenever talking about using a memory card. My question is, will he be able to follow along like I did using his adapter or will he specifically need to purchase an official Vita memory card?

Why don't you let your cousin borrow your vita memory card so he can hack his vita then he can setup his sd2vita so the cfw can boot through sd2vita?

JackTheFroster

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i dont think i ever had a memory card to hack my vita. i dont know how i managed to do it, but i have sd2vita without any official memory card

1004 oled model

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why don't you let your cousin borrow your vita memory card so he can hack his vita then he can setup his sd2vita so the cfw can boot through sd2vita?

That's now how it works. The Vita must be running CFW already to be able to do anything with the SD2Vita adapter.

What you're suggesting is like trying to put the Homebrew Channel for Nintendo Wii onto a burned DVD in order to run homebrew without modifying the system itself. It cant be done because the Wii cant read burned DVD's without a having a modchip installed or it's internal software altered to allow it.

Same with SD2Vita. The Vita cannot understand or utilize the Adapter without CFW because it is the CFW that allows the adapter to be understood, so without CFW there is no way to load anything.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there used to be a way to hack the vita on a 1K system without needing a memory card, but the website doesn't seem to function anymore. it would install molecular shell to ur0 iirc, which is how it worked.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's now how it works. The Vita must be running CFW already to be able to do anything with the SD2Vita adapter.

What you're suggesting is like trying to put the Homebrew Channel for Nintendo Wii onto a burned DVD in order to run homebrew without modifying the system itself. It cant be done because the Wii cant read burned DVD's without a having a modchip installed or it's internal software altered to allow it.

Same with SD2Vita. The Vita cannot understand or utilize the Adapter without CFW because it is the CFW that allows the adapter to be understood, so without CFW there is no way to load anything.

No, I said to use the memory card to hack the vita and install the cfw. Then move the data to the sd2vita incase he loses the cfw.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, I said to use the memory card to hack the vita and install the cfw. Then move the data to the sd2vita incase he loses the cfw.
Again. It doesn't work like that. Stock firmware cannot read the SD2Vita at all.

You can store files on the SD card that is in the adapter, and then copy them to the Vita Memory card if you need them, but they cannot be loaded directly from the SD2Vita

Also, with Enso there is absolutely no reason you should be losing your CFW.

ZeroSene

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Just slow down guys, there was some website that can install the hack AND sd2vita plugins directly to a PSV1xxx with low firmware. Maybe there are a website that can still do the trick, but most we know went offline already.

Currently, for a psv1xxx use IMCunlocker to format the internal ur0 to make it work like psv2xxx and do not require SONY memcard to hack again (just in case you intend to rehack, lost your SONY mem or your system have major failure/corrupt that reset your settings).

If you are a psv1xxx user, just reboot while holding L you can test how far you can go without a SONY card when in trouble. Reboot again to return everything to normal. Have fun.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again. It doesn't work like that. Stock firmware cannot read the SD2Vita at all.

You can store files on the SD card that is in the adapter, and then copy them to the Vita Memory card if you need them, but they cannot be loaded directly from the SD2Vita

Also, with Enso there is absolutely no reason you should be losing your CFW.
Thank you fot wasting my time

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just slow down guys, there was some website that can install the hack AND sd2vita plugins directly to a PSV1xxx with low firmware. Maybe there are a website that can still do the trick, but most we know went offline already.

Currently, for a psv1xxx use IMCunlocker to format the internal ur0 to make it work like psv2xxx and do not require SONY memcard to hack again (just in case you intend to rehack, lost your SONY mem or your system have major failure/corrupt that reset your settings).

If you are a psv1xxx user, just reboot while holding L you can test how far you can go without a SONY card when in trouble. Reboot again to return everything to normal. Have fun.
That is what I meant.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ignoring Elodian
My feelings are hurt and my day is ruined. 🙄

You asked a specific question, I answered it based on your specific wording, which alluded to using the adapter as an entry point to enable the hacks.

Apologies I'm not a mind reader. Guess you'll need to think harder about how you frame your questions from here on out.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi all,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked before. I'm quite new to the Vita in general so please bare with me.

My cousin and I both purchased a Vita last week. Mine came with an official 32gb memory card. However his did not.

I managed to install CFW on my Vita by following this tutorial:

It went smoothly and I had absolutely no problems.

However since my cousin did NOT get a Vita memory card with his, he went ahead and purchased a SD2VITA adapter so he could simply just use a regular SD card. I noticed through-out the tutorial that the person narrating kept emphasizing the word "official" whenever talking about using a memory card. My question is, will he be able to follow along like I did using his adapter or will he specifically need to purchase an official Vita memory card?

The best solution is very simple, buy a MemoryCard 4gig and everything will be fine, the rest is a waste of time. This special solution is only required on the Vita 1000 model. Sometimes the easiest way is the best way.

PacBunnyXV07

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best solution is very simple, buy a MemoryCard 4gig and everything will be fine, the rest is a waste of time. This special solution is only required on the Vita 1000 model. Sometimes the easiest way is the best way.
Yes but when its hard for him to find a memory card its not that easy. Look at the previous comments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi