Gaming Can someone make a vectored printable AR card please?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I would like to have an AR card the size of a full sheet of paper, but my scanner doesn't work on windows 7 and I don't have the slightest clue of making a vectored image. If someone already has one or could easily make one then I would love you dearly and put you in my will to get my 3DS when I die
biggrin.gif

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
I had already printed that one and it didn't work, most likely bc the yellow color is quite off. I'm sure I can adjust it, but a nice vectored image would obviously be way better.

Thanx for trying to find something though.

sprogurt

Trophies
XP
Country
DeadlyFoez said:
I had already printed that one and it didn't work, most likely bc the yellow color is quite off. I'm sure I can adjust it, but a nice vectored image would obviously be way better.

Thanx for trying to find something though.

It doesn't matter about the colour, I scaled a regular sized card image up to a4 just by printing it through windows print software (from windows gallery) and printed it in black and white and still worked fine. If you want to vectorise inkscape is always good, I'm on lunch at the moment and back to work in a sec so I can't really doanything right now, sorry
frown.gif

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct. The camera is actually scanning the code in the bottom left corner. The scanning program advanced is enough to pick up the code regardless of the way it's facing. The size of the 3d image is than determined by the size of the cube in the middle of the card.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
chartube12 said:
Correct. The camera is actually scanning the code in the bottom right corner. The scanning program advanced is enough to pick up the code regardless of the way it's facing.

I doubt that what is essentially a VGA webcam has the resolution to pick that up accurately.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fat D said:
chartube12 said:
Correct. The camera is actually scanning the code in the bottom right corner. The scanning program advanced is enough to pick up the code regardless of the way it's facing.

I doubt that what is essentially a VGA webcam has the resolution to pick that up accurately.

Opps I ment left corner. Has it's larger and easier to pick up a small a 3 to 4 code than the other one.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
Correct. The camera is actually scanning the code in the bottom left corner. The scanning program advanced is enough to pick up the code regardless of the way it's facing. The size of the 3d image is than determined by the size of the cube in the middle of the card.
So you're saying that the 3DS only looks at the 'A-1' to determine what 'character' to show & the size of the Cube design for the size ?? - it has nothing to do with the colours or character shown on the card

If that's the case then I wonder what'll happen if we start using other codes than the ones on the AR cards ?? ('A-1' to 'A-6') --
Anyone tried 'A-7' ???

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
chartube12 said:
Fat D said:
chartube12 said:

Opps I ment left corner. Has it's larger and easier to pick up a small a 3 to 4 code than the other one.

That can't be right at all, it still works if you cover up the codes at the bottom, even cover the nintendo logo. It's more likely to do with the colour of the block.

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
CannonFoddr said:
chartube12 said:
So you're saying that the 3DS only looks at the 'A-1' to determine what 'character' to show & the size of the Cube design for the size ?? - it has nothing to do with the colours or character shown on the card

If that's the case then I wonder what'll happen if we start using other codes than the ones on the AR cards ?? ('A-1' to 'A-6') --
Anyone tried 'A-7' ???
AR cards were numbered?!?
I thought A-1 was the size of card
mellow.gif

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
OK

As you can see from the following image, the AR cards use quite simple shape recognition to decide which card is which. I failed to get the metroid card to work reliably, but that should be simple is someone could figure out what shape it is looking for.

These shapes work fine even on my laptop screen. Notice there are no logos there at all.
mycards.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far