Homebrew Others Homebrew game Can someone make a old 3ds port of sonic 1 and 2 ?

PabbaShabba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I can just buy a new 3ds magicly for cheap on ebay! thank you so much smartass!
And asking someone to port something just for you makes more sense? Good god of entitlement, yikes. No wonder the 3ds doesn’t have many devs

Last edited by PabbaShabba,

DodgyJudge

A man of weird taste it seems!
Trophies
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
And asking someone to port something just for you makes more sense? Good god of entitlement, yikes. No wonder the 3ds doesn’t have many devs
That not why...it is more likely because people prefer psp and vita cause of their simplicity more people were on psp than nds back then cause of the easy hacking people like him are just everywhere you just dont see them on ps vita as frequently because it get buried under release and non asking port post and yes 3ds is pricey i can get 2 ps vita for the price of 1 new 3ds im not with him in any case i just mean that everywhere where there is modding and hacking a console there will always be selfish brats asking for everything!
Srry for long rent!

Mayo1990

I just play vidya
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Your best bet would be the Genesis emulator. If something's confirmed to be slow on O3DS there's not really much you can do.

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't be surprised if it was slow not because it can't run well on o3DS but because it isn't optimized yet. I wouldn't act like it isn't possible at all, but yeah, it'll happen if/when it happens, no need to feel entitled to something like that. Put a bounty down or something if you want it so badly.

Reactions: Mayo1990

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to have it be ported, believe it or not. There's already a port made by the folks over at M2 called 3D Sonic the Hedgehog and 3D Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and they don't cost a ton.
I'll give them this, the M2 versions are pretty fundamentally different than the ports he's looking for, which I'm assuming is the decompilation of the Taxman/Stealth mobile remakes. Taxman/Stealth run in full screen, have nicer special stages, Knuckles is playable, are moddable, etc.

But honestly the M2 versions are solid too, one should more than easily be able to make do with that tbh

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True, true... granted, these source ports seem like they were made for much newer hardware so it makes sense that they'd only run well on a New 3DS.
I feel like a dedicated enough developer could optimize them to run better, I don't think Sonic 1 is the most complex thing out there, but like, that's a lot of work for not a lot of people, and for most, running on new 3DS is more than good enough. Only ones that have a problem with that are the ones that don't have the new models.

SamLovesCola

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
being rude to people, don't be surprised if no one gives you what you want.
I apolgize. I Should have been so rude. What I was tring to get at is that I don't have the moeny for a new 3ds. Since I am a Minor under the age to get a job, I can not get a new 3ds so easily. I apolgize if I hurt anyones feelings

PTanker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a genesis plus gx wide core for retroarch on 3ds, you can use that to mimick the widescreen, but that's the closest you'll get in terms of emulation. You'll just have to wait for the source ports to become old 3ds full-speed compatible.

ValThePal2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apolgize. I Should have been so rude. What I was tring to get at is that I don't have the moeny for a new 3ds. Since I am a Minor under the age to get a job, I can not get a new 3ds so easily. I apolgize if I hurt anyones feelings
hey dude i dont think people will make a port of it but you can get SonicCD but it will be slow like about 28 fps or wait until the sonicmania for Old2ds or Old3ds comes out (You Will Need a Data.rsdk for both)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +2