Homebrew Can someone do this?

Truetech108

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know there has to be a way to do this, I have haxchi set to automatically load into wiiupluginloader, the only thing is I still have to toggle the dark mode switch and hit plus to proceed. Is there a way someone here could mod the loader to just load all mods in the folder, and proceed automatically?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why should there be no way to modify a open source tool? So yes, it is possible but it's also a lot of work as the plugin loader codes are complicated and for an outdated WUT version. Then it needs libraries which are outdated, too. So one would need to:
- Port the needed libraries to newest WUT.
- Port the plugin loader to newest WUT.
- Change the codes.

I tried that for hours now and while I got petty far it drives me crazy. So I'll give up for now but maybe I'll return to it later.

//EDIT: For some reason compiling fails when utilizing libgui. If some other dev wants to have a look:
The other dependencies have just a few small tweaks in the Makefiles, like adjusting the include dirs.

//EDIT²:
I have haxchi set to automatically load into wiiupluginloader
Could you tell me how you did that? I have an ELF file ready that wants to be tested... ;)

//EDIT³: @Truetech108 The attached file should work. Please unzip and test it.

Attachments

• Wii U plugin autoloader.zip
    334.9 KB · Views: 165
Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: MikaDubbz

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why should there be no way to modify a open source tool? So yes, it is possible but it's also a lot of work as the plugin loader codes are complicated and for an outdated WUT version. Then it needs libraries which are outdated, too. So one would need to:
- Port the needed libraries to newest WUT.
- Port the plugin loader to newest WUT.
- Change the codes.

I tried that for hours now and while I got petty far it drives me crazy. So I'll give up for now but maybe I'll return to it later.

//EDIT: For some reason compiling fails when utilizing libgui. If some other dev wants to have a look:
The other dependencies have just a few small tweaks in the Makefiles, like adjusting the include dirs.

//EDIT²:

Could you tell me how you did that? I have an ELF file ready that wants to be tested... ;)

//EDIT³: @Truetech108 The attached file should work. Please unzip and test it.

This is great, but are we able to customize this or does it only autoboot dark mode? I'd love to be able to make a config file or something so that we can pick and choose what plugins our Wii U autoboots with, like I think I'd love to always have Padcon, SwipSwapMe, and the Screenshot plugins automatically enabled on every restart.

Edit: nevermind, I see it seems to boot all the plugins you have in the plugin folder. Any chance you could have it direct to a separate plugin folder location? There are a lot of plugins I don't want to use every time, but sometimes I will want.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

TobiasTobias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried it and it really leaves homebrew launcher useless with a black screen.
Then I got creative and exchanged the mocha.elf with the pluginautoloader.elf and set cbhc to boot mocha instead
For some weird reason it has a dark menu but still the homebrew launcher freezes (thats weird because the homebrew launcher.elf was the nirmal one and only mocha (wich seems to have nothing to do with hbl as i would guess) was changed )
The best possible way without ruining other important applications would naturally be a version of cbhc wich can (auto)boot different elf files aside from the standard ones.
Of course I know that this wouldnt be that easy under circumstances but yeah it was only a recommendation...

EDIT: what i want to say is that sacrificing the homebrew launcher isnt really worth it if you still need it.

Last edited by TobiasTobias,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is great, but are we able to customize this or does it only autoboot dark mode? I'd love to be able to make a config file or something so that we can pick and choose what plugins our Wii U autoboots with, like I think I'd love to always have Padcon, SwipSwapMe, and the Screenshot plugins automatically enabled on every restart.

Edit: nevermind, I see it seems to boot all the plugins you have in the plugin folder. Any chance you could have it direct to a separate plugin folder location? There are a lot of plugins I don't want to use every time, but sometimes I will want.

Nevermind again, this was a really easy fix for me to make by just editing the .elf file with HxD. Anyone that is interested in having a separate selection of plugins to be selected from when you boot this autoboot version of the plugin loader is free to use the .elf I've included here. This version will instead search /wiiu/pluginx for the plugins that will autoboot with this plugin loader. That way if you set your Wii U up to not neccesarily autoboot this autoboot plugin loader every time (I have it set to boot the autoboot loader only if I hold down on my d-pad during launch), you can still access the non autoboot version in the homebrew launcher and choose from a separate and likely larger set of possible plugins to enable or not.

Attachments

• wiiupluginautoloader pluginx directory.zip
    337.6 KB · Views: 152
Last edited by MikaDubbz,

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
New Version. Changelog:
  • Added config file.

If no config file is present it will load all plugins (just like before). If the file /wiiu/plugins/autoload.txt exists it will load only the plugins mentioned there. It's one line per plugin and the plugins are identified by their filename without the .mod extension. Remember to always have an empty line at the end of the file (or the last mod won't load).

Example file:

Code:
WUPS_dark_mode_plugin
hidtovpad

//EDIT: Forgot to mention: The autoloader is just a modified version of the normal loader, so most credits go to @Maschell

//EDIT²: And a hotfix (v0.0.3) as I forgot that Windows uses other newlines. This should also remove the need of an empty line at the end of the config file.

Attachments

• Wii U plugin autoloader v0.0.2.zip
    476 KB · Views: 117
  • Wii U plugin autoloader v0.0.3.zip
    476.4 KB · Views: 161
Last edited by V10lator,

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
No (at least not from my end). It's quick&dirty and AFAIK @Maschell is working on something better (I think it's called Aroma as the Discord server for the plugin system was renamed to that and he's searching beta testers for something called Aroma).
Aroma is indeed the new homebrew environment. So far I think that only a select few have their hands on it. It's exciting to know that its almost ready for beta though. Im curious to see all the improvements it will bring. Maschell has been working on it for some time. It sounds like the plugin system will be integrated as part of the Aroma env

Last edited by dojafoja,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BigOnYa, Last job Ancient went to, he got fired for drinking on the job. +1