Hacking Can somebody summarize what happend in the scene?

Ultimatezmaili

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
Hello guys, i've left the scene for a while and i wanna just ask a few questions if you guys dont mind
1: what happened in the scene? last time i was here there was A9HL and luma cfw what happened since then?
2: How do i convert from rxtools to luma my sysnand is 9.2.20-U and emunand is RX-E 10.7.0-32

Thanks in advance!

metroid maniac

An idiot with an opinion
Trophies
XP
Country
1. A9lh + Luma is still the current thing, but it has likely become a lot simpler to install than it was when you were last around. N3DS requires no downgrade to 2.1 anymore, while the O3DS downgrade takes a third as long.

2. Depends on your entrypoint, but Luma's github page has install instructions.

Reactions: Mikemk

Ultimatezmaili

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan
1. A9lh + Luma is still the current thing, but it has likely become a lot simpler to install than it was when you were last around. N3DS requires no downgrade to 2.1 anymore, while the O3DS downgrade takes a third as long.

2. Depends on your entrypoint, but Luma's github page has install instructions.
my entry pointis menu hax can you link me to the github page? also Thank you very much !

Ultimatezmaili

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jordan

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyway, since the start of summer to today:

The scene (mainly MarcusD) figured out how to correctly control the leds in homebrew code
On N3DS, objectively figuring out tn/ips via software (SciresM)
On N3DS, installing A9LH without otp dump, so without 2.1
How to patch a rom to disable the dark and/or blurry effects in GBA virtualization mode has been found out
Ctrnand transfer, an alternative to downgrading with cias, that requires arm9 access but is extremely reliable
11.1 was released
Luma further advanced a lot, becoming the first cfw able of launching (with kernel write protection patch) 3.x and under
A minor cfw, Freeway, was released as the successor of Pasta for updating old versions to 9.2, but this main purpose was obsoleted by ctrnand transfer
Decrypt9 includes a cart dumper (to 3ds or cia), ctrnand transfer, an easier alternative to agbsave9, an automatic 3ds to cia converter
SD card and DSi speed can be accessed in DS mode, thus making Nitrohax (homebrew action replay clone) and other apps a reality without flashcards
Menuhax and browserhax for 10.6-11.0
Literally everyone can register an official developer account, therefore many previously undumped sdk apps, now are

Last edited by Ryccardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up