Hacking Can Kodi be ported on Wiiu?

wsh1994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
kodi runs on raspberry PI so it has(even if it is because the is using linux as an OS) ARM support. yet i dont think it will happen for a while looking at the current state of WIIU HB.

roots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sure linux on a wiiu might be a better way but unfortunately nobody seems to work on it

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
All is in the title ! since kodi has ppc version is it possible to run on the wiiu?
Here is the situation for porting kodi:
-Userspace(5.5+): Pratically impossible
-Kernel(<5.4): Difficult and limitated but possible
-IOSU(not yet): Not easy anyway but with full access to WiiU hardware speed, eaily launchable from home menu

But AFAIK nobody is working on it. (I would like to have kodi too)

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kodi retired ARM support awhile ago, old builds are still available but if someone wanted to port it they have to do a lot of work updating it and getting plugins worth using up todate.

Reactions: fukseliten

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
All is in the title ! since kodi has ppc version is it possible to run on the wiiu?
It is possible, however it would be a little difficult and would take a lot of time. And as jimbo13 mentioned, you would probably need to update some plugins.

Right now, I think it would only be possible on 5.3.2, maybe 5.4 too. For playing things off USB, IOSU would obviously be needed.

It's funny you mention Kodi, because I was actually exploring the possibility to port it to Xbox One, since they allow developer mode now. :D

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

roots

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It is possible, however it would be a little difficult and would take a lot of time. And as jimbo13 mentioned, you would probably need to update some plugins.

Right now, I think it would only be possible on 5.3.2, maybe 5.4 too. For playing things off USB, IOSU would obviously be needed.

It's funny you mention Kodi, because I was actually exploring the possibility to port it to Xbox One, since they allow developer mode now. :D

nice work in progress kodi was originally for xbox !!

jimbo13

Terry Crews #1 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice work in progress kodi was originally for xbox !!

Yep, originally XBMC if I am not mistaken isn't WiiMC a port? You could run it on vWii but it's not very feature and I never had good performance with it back in the day.

Amazon firesticks are great for Kodi and an easy install. I recommend the plugins 1chan, genesis and phoenix. It's all you need for film.

Last edited by jimbo13,
Reactions: KiiWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: