Hacking Can I use one usb hard drive for Wii and wup installed WiiU games?

D

Deleted User

You can but you don't have to use the Gamecube forwarder channel. You can inject Gamecube games on the Wii U Hard drive too. Yes you will need Nintendont on your sd card. I personally like having all my games on the Wii U menu and no where else. I don't even have to go into vWii no need to.

P.s. you do need to run CFW for injects to work.

Mamothstard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ah, so if I wanted to play Gc games I'd need a big enough Sd card to store the isos, but for wii games I'm fine with just the harddrive.

You can either inject individual GC games on your Wii U HDD or inject a forwarder to nintendont itself.

Let me redirect you to a guide made just about that. It will give you all the info you need.

I personally use individual GC injects too because I like having it neatly layed out on my home screen. But actually having your games on SD cards has 2 perks :

Not having to inject games on the U but on an SD card means it's way easier to swap games around (those instals take quite some time tbh), also you don't clog your 292 games capacity of channels on your home screen. Thirdly, you can have multiple versions of the same game (fan translation, hardmode, UNDUB) on your SD card, that you can't do with injects because if you try to inject the same game twice, it will just erase the prior version of it on your home screen (there's a thing with title ID and shit, there's a workaround though).

Last edited by Mamothstard,
Reactions: godreborn and WiiU_

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
here's mario kart ds at full screen btw:

20200925_132824_HDR.jpg
20200925_132819_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Mamothstard
D

Deleted User

Not having to inject games on the U means it way easier to swap games around (those instals take quite some time tbh), also you don't clog your 292 games capacity of channels on your home screen. Thirdly, you can have multiple versions of the same game (fan translation, hardmode, UNDUB) on your SD card, that you can't do with injects because if you try to inject the same game twice, it will just erase the previous one on your home screen (there's a thing with title ID and shit, there's a workaround though).

I'm confused I thought you said you've never seen anyone use the 292 games up now you're trying to save space yourself? It all comes down to the individual there are some people that want/need to go over the 292. It worked out beautifully for me I am full but don't need any other games.

Last edited by ,

Mamothstard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it's official. I just replaced some files with it. however, it should work with any ds game (official or otherwise).
Oh yeah, it's not fullscreen by default? How come? I've never used DS on the U actually. How do you do that then?

I've just backed up all my old DS games and was interested about trying them out on the big screen.

So it's a config file thing?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's difficult to know which game is which, but I used saviine to determine this. the title key site doesn't seem to have a lot of ds games.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

not the aspect ratio exactly from what I understand.

D

Deleted User

I got lucky on DS/N64 injects wiiuiso.com (I can say it now because it no longer exists) this guy had thousands of injects that were ready to download. They were full screen and I didn't have the trouble of injecting them myself. Now as I mentioned unfortunately that site is gone and so are the injects AFAIK.

WiiU_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P.s. you do need to run CFW for injects to work.

That's what I was confused about, thanks! I went through a few different threads, and tried to google some videos for use, but it appears like haxchi takes about the same click through as mocha to launch? If you don't mind me asking, what makes it worth it for you guys to prefer it? My Wiiu's on 5.5.1, so I'd need to upgrade to purchase a ds game.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm looking to get a harddrive around black friday, and was trying to decide what size I'd need. I was wondering if I could use a single hardrive to store my WiiU and Wii games or if I'd need different ways to launch the games?
For convenience's sake (not having to make a ton of WiiVC injects, and deal with the 300 title limit) I suggest keeping the Wii and GC games on a SD card, they don't need that much space unless you want every single one, a 200GB card is probably enough for all the essentials.

Reactions: WiiU_

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with haxchi, you don't need the browser, and it does work 100% of the time. if you're on 5.5.1, it should work most of the time through the browser, but you don't have to rely on it with haxchi.

Reactions: WiiU_

YaKu

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Nobody has tried to ftp the games directly to the hard drive in a specific folder?
Response. Vwii -> WiiFlow doesn't see the external HDD, only the SD

Last edited by YaKu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker. +1