Android Can I use my old phone's quick charge adapter with my new one?

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I have a new phone, a Nokia 7 Plus. Can I use my old phone's (Huawei P9) quick charge adapter with it?

Here's the text on both:

IMG_20180909_180849.jpg

Last edited by smileyhead,

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have a new phone, a Nokia 7 Plus. Can I use my old phone's (Huawei P9) quick charge adapter with it?

I'll give you a short and to-the-point answer: use the charger + cable the manufacturer gives you; sane manufacturers choose the right type of charger + cable (where applicable) which fits to your phone.

If you have nothing else to use, you could use the fast charger, but if your phone is not compatible with it then it'll function as a regular five volt USB charger.

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
OP
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
If you have nothing else to use, you could use the fast charger, but if your phone is not compatible with it then it'll function as a regular five volt USB charger.
I can't hurt my phone with it then, right?
I want to keep using the old adaptor not as a primary charger but as a secondary one so I can charge it next to my desk as well.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I can't hurt my phone with it then, right?
I want to keep using the old adaptor not as a primary charger but as a secondary one so I can charge it next to my desk as well.

It *should* not hurt, but long-term it *can* hurt. If it's not some cheapo and/or badly engineered cheap shitty pink USB charger from China then you should be fine.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
As every phone has a different energy consumption/intake and all, it's recommended for you rather not to use it. It's not gonna short anything necessarily (could happen, in rare cases), but could potentially damage battery over time, make it's capacity smaller, and other compromises. It's better just to buy the official one for your phone, to gurantee it's supplying the phone in the correct way.

Last edited by Vieela,
Reactions: Sono

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You can use your old phones quick charger but it will charge at 2 amps where the Nokia charger will charge quite a bit quicker at 3 amps.

As every phone has a different energy consumption/intake and all, it's recommended for you rather not to use it. It's not gonna short anything necessarily (could happen, in rare cases), but could potentially damage battery over time, make it's capacity smaller, and other compromises. It's better just to buy the official one for your phone, to gurantee it's supplying the phone in the correct way.
This is horribly incorrect. Each charger has to be based on the usb standard. It has nothing to do with the energy consumption of the device. I wouldnt reccomend charging your device with a horribly made nockoff junk. You shouldn't have any charging issues if your using a recognised brand like Samsung, Apple, Huawei and the like. Really just dont trust the $1 chargers online as they may not have abided the standards during manufacturing.

Last edited by Luckkill4u,
Reactions: Vieela

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo