Hacking Can I do this without fear?

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently bought a used PSP Go in good shape. It came with 6.35 PRO-B, so I left if on that firmware.
Now, I'm really curious to know if the previous owner used the "10 free games" offer on the PSN store, specially targeted to PSP Go owners.

Since the PSN Store should be back up by the end of this week, I want to find it out.
But, in order to connect to the PSN, I will need the latest official firmware from Sony, right?

Is it safe to assume that I can easily downgrade my PSP Go back to fw 6.35 AFTER updating it to the latest official firmware?
And sorry if this has been asked before; I just need to be 100% sure. Better safe than sorry, and I don't want to lose my cfw ability for good.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
6.35 PRO has PSN support, so there's no need to update.

How to enable it? Always when I start Media GO with my PSP Go connected, the Media Go starts to automatically download the latest fw update.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AC/DS said:
Guild McCommunist said:
6.35 PRO has PSN support, so there's no need to update.

How to enable it? Always when I start Media GO with my PSP Go connected, the Media Go starts to automatically download the latest fw update.

I have my PSP with 6.35 PRO and I just made a PSN account on the system itself and it was all good. I don't know if you'll be able to use Media Go (I haven't tried or heard anyone whose tried personally) but on the system itself it should be fine.

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
I thought the 10 free games was limited-time and only for certain countries.

But yes, that CFW has PSN access, and it's enabled by default.

I thought it was 2 games...
unsure.gif

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's still running ATM I believe.

But as for getting it working with Media Go as opposed to on the device itself over WiFi, I think a plugin called "USB Version Spoof" should do the job, provided it works with 6.35 PRO-B6.

But you should know that PSN Store is still down, so you'll have to wait a few days before you can try it.

realveemon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use a 6.39 Version.txt to get past media go..

The PRO-B series can all get on the network just fine and it can also chat with the PS£ for the AD-HOC party....

The 10 free games was to get people to get the go however i don't believe that offer is done in any shops anymore.. The codes still work however if you do get your hands on one... The 2 free games is if you have a PSN account before the whole SONY hack incident.... Not sure if the 2 free games are for people who used their credit cards or not....

B6 is out by the way

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn, it does not seem to work. I'm using the old "USB version spoof" plugin, made in the past by Dark Alex I think.
I'm doing everything by the book, all settings are correct and yet.
Once I start Media GO, it keeps offering me an update to software 6.39.
And it can clearly see I have 6.35, despite all version spoofing, LOL.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
i think you need Pro-B4, B5 or B6 to get on the latest PSN

but its easy enough to update

im now running 6.39 Pro-B6 on my PSP 1003
happy.gif

just get the updater and the fast recovery from the website where you get it

boot updater

hold L when it tell you to push X
then keep holding L while you push X and it will re-flash the Pro to lastest version

then you can remove the updater and just use the fast recovery to boot Pro-B6 after a hard reset

Invisible Man

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also just a bit of FYI in case you didn't know. Downloading anything from MediaGo won't help you get your 10 free games.

You need to download a certain theme using the PlayStation Store on the PSP itself. If it turns out that the previous owner didn't do this you should get an email within 30 days with instructions to download the games. (very stupid process in my opinion)

More Info: http://uk.playstation.com/pspgopromotion/

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pong20302000's post reminded me: You may as well update to 6.39 and use 6.39 PRO-B6. If has all the same features as the 6.35 version, you lose nothing.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
SifJar said:
Pong20302000's post reminded me: You may as well update to 6.39 and use 6.39 PRO-B6. If has all the same features as the 6.35 version, you lose nothing.

This actually works. I am quite stunned that they have already made cwf 6.39.
Are not firmware updates from Sony supposed to patch vulnerabilities?
Or do they (hackers) just sign it, given that the signature keys are out in the open?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AC/DS said:
SifJar said:

This actually works. I am quite stunned that they have already made cwf 6.39.
Are not firmware updates from Sony supposed to patch vulnerabilities?
Or do they (hackers) just sign it, given that the signature keys are out in the open?
A vulnerability for 6.38 was found and a downgrader for 6.38 was released about a day or two before 6.39 was released. They didn't have time to patch the vulnerability, so the downgrader was quickly updated. Source of the exploit was also released (by a different hacker to the downgrader), and this was quickly adpated into the already existing temporary PRO CFW and also an ME CFW (made by neur0n). Signing only gets user mode execution, an exploit is still needed to elevate it to kernel mode execution.

AC/DS

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Invisible Man said:
Also just a bit of FYI in case you didn't know. Downloading anything from MediaGo won't help you get your 10 free games.

You need to download a certain theme using the PlayStation Store on the PSP itself. If it turns out that the previous owner didn't do this you should get an email within 30 days with instructions to download the games. (very stupid process in my opinion)

More Info: http://uk.playstation.com/pspgopromotion/

Oh, I just found out. This offer only applies to the UK innit?
And I only have a US PSN account. Should I bother opening a UK account just for this?
Perhaps it won't even allow me to do it as I suspect their servers can "see" what country I'm from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1