Can Google accounts really get hacked?

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, social engineering.
Tell him to fuck himself and avoid further contact, "reporting to the police" sounds good in papers but not very effective IRL IMHO.
Change your passwords (perhaps he knows already some of your passwords, hence the threat)
Don't use stupid passwords.
Avoid fishy things sent by "strangers", don't fall for social engineering tricks.
Check your PC for possible backdoors and keyloggers (just run some Malwarebytes)
Use 2FA everywhere.
Don't type passwords in a place where he may have installed a camera (like his house, perhaps)
Avoid storing your passwords in plaintext anywhere.
And that is it for the paranoid part.

Most probably, just empty threats from a loser.

Reactions: Deleted User

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Almost impossible. I mean really really very little chance. Like someone saying I will fight a whole army alone and beat them.

rouge2t7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's almost impossible now with the phone verification, special characters, longer passwords. However it has increased the amount of people forgetting their accounts due to being forced to use letters they wouldn't usually ;o

In your case though, they'd need to be some A+ blackhat hacker, hacking into googles shit isn't easy. Or as people have said here, he knows or guessed your password. So change it.

Turesy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In addition, I can say that the winlogon record and all its account users must be secured, because when an attacker has a username and password, this can be said very cretically, for such cases, there is windows two factor authentication, which in turn generates a one-time password using security tokens of various levels.thus, windows logon application shows us that having secured yourself, you can not worry even when using remote access mode.

Nobody_Important4u

Barely real
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's a necro...

But Since i am here i can remind everyone that "hacking" doesn't actually refer to any illegal activitis, that would be "cracking".

I know no one cares and you are still gonna say "hacking" but there should be something compensation for the necro.

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
That's a necro...

But Since i am here i can remind everyone that "hacking" doesn't actually refer to any illegal activitis, that would be "cracking".

I know no one cares and you are still gonna say "hacking" but there should be something compensation for the necro.
upload_2020-11-5_16-7-39.png

Reactions: Chary

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
It wasn't originally that, the meaning changed since everyone used it like this anyway.
Pointless to argue what it used or didn't use to mean. This is what it means. Being pedantic here is pretty pointless.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...