Misc Can a JPN 3DS use online services in for example, EUR servers?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I think you would have to change the region of your 3DS, but honestly not sure. You might want to wait for someone to confirm it.

KamikazeEsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
What do you mean by "online services"? Playing online games, yes you can but be careful with that. Downloading games from freeShop, yes. Using an EU eShop, no.
I mean eShop, online multiplayer, Bank Pokemon, downloading updates, DLCs...

Sent from my SM-G930F by Tapatalk

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean eShop, online multiplayer, Bank Pokemon, downloading updates, DLCs...

eShop, no. Online multiplayer, yes. Downloading updates, with freeShop. Using Pokemon Bank, no but you can look for Homebrew alternatives. Downloading updates and DLC, with freeShop.

A JPN 3DS can only connect to JPN servers, therefore it cannot connect to an EU eShop to download updates and DLC.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the question. Thx 4 the help :3

Yes, you can.. Just change to the region and you can play online either way and no effect. However, for eShop, downloading updates, DLC is depending.

If you play Japan game on your 3DS with EUROPE servers.. Update and DLCs will have to be on Japan servers to that Japan game.

KamikazeEsp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Yes, you can.. Just change to the region and you can play online either way and no effect. However, for eShop, downloading updates, DLC is depending.

If you play Japan game on your 3DS with EUROPE servers.. Update and DLCs will have to be on Japan servers to that Japan game.
In 3ds.guide I have read that some errors can appear using online, eShop... is worth the change? [emoji848]

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In 3ds.guide I have read that some errors can appear using online, eShop... is worth the change? [emoji848]

It's not. But if you want to play EU games with online multiplayer online and not risk getting banned, then the region change may be worth it.

finn_91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
In 3ds.guide I have read that some errors can appear using online, eShop... is worth the change?
emoji848.png
No. Except you want working local multiplayer. In fact it's the main reason why I use EU EmuNAND on JPN console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1