"Call of Duty has almost ruined a generation of shooter players", says Tripwire

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Yet, most people that I know that play FPS games are casual gamers... You know, those people who buy whatever shit is popular and only play those games when people visit their houses. Funny thing is that they're all those grown men who likes violence and stuff not that girl/kid stereotype people have from casual gamers. Many people prefer some casual local multiplayer fun than an immersive single player game or an every day online competition to try to be the best at the game and I particularly think that an easy to play FPS is just perfect for casual gamers :lol:
Yeah, most people I know that play CoD pretty much only play CoD. That's not really the definition of a hardcore gamer, IMO.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I really enjoyed CoD, was one of their biggest fans until Blops hit really. I'm still very fond of the series and in no way whatsoever they 'ruined' the genre.
They attracted a shitload of people to gaming in general, I don't really mind.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was talking about the general attitude towards the series, not the article itself. Call of Duty gets a lot of criticism and not all of it is well-deserved. ;)

My point still stands, CoD does have a massive hate wagon, and I wont deny that some of it is just idiots jumping on the bandwagon but you also have to remember the series itself has changed a lot from MW to BLOPs 2. But CoD in general doesnt deserve the brand its been given, just everything Post-WaW.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

2ndApex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A lot of the posts in this thread could be answered by just reading the article this thread's about. It's a good article, kind of a shame people just want to just make general CoD statements about the headline but each to his own.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol