Gaming Bypass school security

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, today i tried the boot settings, could get into BIOS alright but the boot sequence options were blocke by administrator. I think, if playing something like RCT off a external hard drive would work, then that would do fine, they can't really tell me off for that seeing as i haven't hack, installed, or broken anything. Does anyone know if this is possible? Although, like you said FAST, they're crappy Dell machines which take about 3-5 minutes to boot up. (I'm not saying dell machines are crappy, i have a XPS720 and it's brill!)

BTW, my library isn't quiet (far from it) but the librarian can even tell if you're on game by looking at you; maybe she's related to Derren Brown lol. But that's not really a problem, I can hide it :Pokerface:.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Next time, try having a look at the faces of those who are working around you. Those who are honestly working tend to only look at their screens (or up or down) with a bored expression, whilst those who are playing games (and worried about being caught) tend to look around more often and have a much more animated expression. There are other signs that you can read, but it takes observation and experience to pick up on all of them.

Teachers (and I suppose librarians too) are always watching the kids and tend to quickly learn the basics of child psychology even without trying.

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i see what you mean but nearly everyone in there is either on games, or printing or, if they're doing work, chatting at the same time. It's far from a traditional library (annoyingly)

But do you know about running games off of external hard drives?

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
It's hard to be definitive about portable games. Many games will work just fine, but there are also many games that require system files or libraries in order to run (or run smoothly). It depends how the game is programmed.

Also, since most school computers are cheap Dell mass produced models, I wouldn't count on it being able to play any 3D games.

Odnetnin46

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Downloading Flash Games.Pretty easy actually.

1.Grab a 8/16 GB USB drive from Walmart/Best Buy/Costco/Whatever.Or just use one that you already have that isn't completely filled up to the brim.
2.Go to desired website with desired flash game.
3.(If on Firefox,dunno about anything else)Click on "Tools" on the top,then click on "Page Info".
4.Click on the "Media" tab,then scroll down until you see an embed with the extension .swf(A flash file) that isn't an ad(read the file name,you can tell),or just look for the game's name.
5.Click "Save As...",then rename it to whatever you want and save it to your USB drive.
6.Repeat for other games.
7.Bring drive to school.
8.Load game with internet browser of choice(provided that they have the flash plug-in installed.Pretty likely)
9.Enjoy.

You can do the same with movies,programs,and anything else you want too.However with Minecraft,I believe that you can download classic as a standalone .jar with World of Minecraft's whateveritisicantremember.I haven't looked to much into that though.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Originality said:
It's hard to be definitive about portable games. Many games will work just fine, but there are also many games that require system files or libraries in order to run (or run smoothly). It depends how the game is programmed.

Also, since most school computers are cheap Dell mass produced models, I wouldn't count on it being able to play any 3D games.
I use to setup custom installations that were self-extracting winrar into temporary files. I had to use this because the computers were setup to not save anything when they turned off. They could barely handle CS 1.5, but it worked.
This was probably harder to detect because of the system where nothing was saved.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Originality said:
Detection isn't hard - Windows keeps a log of every file that is run, including ones from removeable storage. That's only if they care to look though. Or peek into your computer whilst you're using it and see CS 1.5 running.
The logs are however not kept through a reboot on systems using preservation software (given that the software does complete steady state, which they all seem to do) as in Diablo1123's case. Thus the increase in difficulty of detection he implied applies as that a solution for logging on such systems would be in place is highly unlikely.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
How do you guys even get programs you bring in to run at all? Surely EXEs, BATs etc. get blocked from running (if they don't that's the biggest hole you can get)

I've tried (and failed) to make my USB stick autorun EXEs (I can't even get them to run on my own PC and that doesn't make any sense -_- as i'm sure I coded them right.)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"USB stick autorun EXEs" got dropped in an XP update recently and newer operating systems do the same. Before that your AV might have even taken it out. You can also quite easily disable it (in fact I usually disable it on any machine I get asked to look at- it caused groans for a while but people got used to it). Try an autorun DVD next time- those might not be blocked.

"Surely EXEs, BATs etc. get blocked from running"- some places whitelist things but not all. Equally if you have to teach programming and run everybody else on limited accounts (or better some form of state restoring machine with just a file server) then it is less useful. Granted this assumes the IT department has the time, skill and inclination to do such a thing and I am sure you have seen how the public sector works (time- lacking at best, skill- not always there and inclination is usually somewhere between CYA and is it really necessary).

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main problem is your proxy at the school. You probably must go through that to get to the outside. I suspect that's how your other friends got caught using an external proxy. Since all traffic MUST route through the school's proxy, it's very easy to see patterns like "Oh why is computer xxx sucking up 90% of my bandwidth to a single computer I've never heard of on the outside". Since you also probably have logins then it's trival to correlate this massive data usage with a particular person. Since the school sounds pretty strict, that probably means that streaming youtube or whatever is going to trigger more data usage than most people would do in the entire day. To be honest I'm surprised anyone at the school is even watching. Even most corporate places don't bother to cull the data on this kind of stuff.

Thus the only way to avoid detection is to avoid the school's proxy. So unless you're going to bring your own wireless usb device, hook it up to a pringles antenna and try to find some free wifi around your school, I'd say don't bother.

If school is THAT boring just bring DS or PSP and muck around until school is over.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ